NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth | Page 77 | Syracusefan.com

NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth

https://twitter.com/rohannadkarni/status/1003493390175129600

Check out around 1:35 or so, Bron finds out they had a TO and didn’t use it from Ty Lue (from game 1).

The movers are probably packing his house right now.

Edit:
I believe Bron actually tried calling TO but Lue didn’t call it.

Wow. Great clip. I don't dislike James nearly as much as others, just cleveland. But wow... Guys has 51/8/8 and then that happens. Just crushing.

True, but you are talking adding a guy that's a surefire first ballot HoFer and will end his career as a top 20 guy of all time.

This is the NBA, you don't replicate KD with three role players.
Right, but even with some smoothing of the cap or even with the jump that occurred, the Dubs would have had the financial flexibility to add to a roster that already had the best regular season of all-time.

BTW, in my honest hope since there is no chance Bron goes to the Knicks is that SAS re-signs Kawhi, sign Bron (prob have to dump Pau, Patty, etc) and they go with a lineup of LMA, Bron, Kawhi, Danny (not sure if they can squeeze him in) and DJM with AARP bench of Tony and Manu, both on vet mins.

BTW, in my honest hope since there is no chance Bron goes to the Knicks is that SAS re-signs Kawhi, sign Bron (prob have to dump Pau, Patty, etc) and they go with a lineup of LMA, Bron, Kawhi, Danny (not sure if they can squeeze him in) and DJM with AARP bench of Tony and Manu, both on vet mins.

Is there any possibility of that? If that happens, the top 3 teams in the West could contain the greatest collection of players in NBA history [GS, Rockets, Spurs].

Is there any possibility of that? If that happens, the top 3 teams in the West could contain the greatest collection of players in NBA history [GS, Rockets, Spurs].

I think so...

However, I'm almost positive that Pau would have to be dumped somehow, same with Patty... Pretty sure Manu and Tony would have to be on super low contracts and hope that Derrick White can be a rotation guy. I think they would have to find someone to take Lauvergne (spelling) I think...

It wouldn't be easy, but Bron could actually play like 32 mins a game.

I think so...

However, I'm almost positive that Pau would have to be dumped somehow, same with Patty... Pretty sure Manu and Tony would have to be on super low contracts and hope that Derrick White can be a rotation guy. I think they would have to find someone to take Lauvergne (spelling) I think...

I'm really curious what LeBron wants next.

Does he still want to call the shots?

Does he want to blend into an established winner?

Is there a roster combo that provides the $$$ and championship potential he wants? If not, which one does he sacrifice?

I think so...

It's an interesting thought for sure. Imagine Spurs would try to add some bench shooters too.

Thoughts on how Cle plays back at home the next two games? I mean, they were down 2-0 to Boston, too.

Will Lebron go to another team and play off the ball? I'm skeptical.

It's an interesting thought for sure. Imagine Spurs would try to add some bench shooters too.

Thoughts on how Cle plays back at home the next two games? I mean, they were down 2-0 to Boston, too.

Boston isn't Golden State.

They have a 40 percent chance of winning game 3. Even if that happens I expect it to be over in 5. They had Kyrie last year and that was exactly what happened. We saw what happens last night when Lebron is just Great and Not Superman. Cleveland loses by 20.

Boston isn't Golden State.

They have a 40 percent chance of winning game 3. Even if that happens I expect it to be over in 5. They had Kyrie last year and that was exactly what happened. We saw what happens last night when Lebron is just Great and Not Superman. Cleveland loses by 20.

Yes...that is very true. I think Cleveland does have one of those crazy shooting games though, like last year where they scored like 80 in the first half.

I think CLE will get all the calls and Bron usually comes back with a huge game after this much time off.

I think they can win assuming Iggy isn't playing still.

Then I think it will take another 50 pt game for Bron from CLE to win game 4.

Last edited:
I think he honestly might not want to move again and just ride out Cleveland.
He doesn't like Gilbert.

Doesn't like the roster. Not like there's a lot of flex there to get better quickly.

Between Boston and Philly rising he doesn't have the playoff cakewalk in the East to look forward to.

Does it mean his wife is calling the shots if he stays in Cleveland?

Watch when Ty Lue comes over and LeBron realizes Cleveland had a TO.
Priceless reaction from LeBron

I think the question that needs to be asked is outside of Paul George and Cp3 who wants to play with Lebron?

Anyone have the link or know how to use basketballreference to find very detailed statistics like % shooting at the rim? I remember it was posted here once comparing guys like westbrook, irving, steph.

Will Lebron go to another team and play off the ball? I'm skeptical.

Playing Lebron off the ball would be such a waste. Guy is like the greatest playmaker of all time.

Anyone have the link or know how to use basketballreference to find very detailed statistics like % shooting at the rim? I remember it was posted here once comparing guys like westbrook, irving, steph.

NBA Stats

I think this is your best bet.

Playing Lebron off the ball would be such a waste. Guy is like the greatest playmaker of all time.

NBA Stats

I think this is your best bet.

Agreed, but it is exactly why I think you never see him play with another 1A superstar. I'm not sure a Kawhi, Harden, and Simmons are going to go for that or be able to in Simmons case.

Agreed, but it is exactly why I think you never see him play with another 1A superstar. I'm not sure a Kawhi, Harden, and Simmons are going to go for that or be able to in Simmons case.

Wade was superstar. Kyrie was at least a superstar kind of offensive player, great isolation.

The Ben Simmons point is totally fair; I would be very interested to see how they would play off each other. Simmons can't shoot AT ALL.

Wade was superstar. Kyrie was at least a superstar kind of offensive player, great isolation.

The Ben Simmons point is totally fair; I would be very interested to see how they would play off each other. Simmons can't shoot AT ALL.

I'll give you Wade. Kyrie wanting to be on his own tells me he got sick of playing Lebron's way and I kind of think that is a stumbling block when playing with other top guys. If your a Kawhi or Harden you immediately become option 1b when playing with him. Not sure a lot of guys want to just enjoy the ride with him.

I'll give you Wade. Kyrie wanting to be on his own tells me he got sick of playing Lebron's way and I kind of think that is a stumbling block when playing with other top guys. If your a Kawhi or Harden you immediately become option 1b when playing with him. Not sure a lot of guys want to just enjoy the ride with him.

I just meant that Kyrie was a superstar Lebron played with at one point, I definitely agree that, for whatever reason, Kyrie wanted to get out of Lebron's shadow, so to speak.

It's probably the case that in order to get the best out of Lebron, you basically surround him with a bunch of shooters and let the 3's rain down.
Lebron and Kawhi would be interesting, Kawhi isn't an incredible iso player/play maker (unless someone has stats proving me wrong, but I don't consider him a ball dominant player like Harden or Kyrie, for instance)

There was an interesting post on reddit yesterday; if you traded Lebron for Durant/Curry, which new team is better?

I just meant that Kyrie was a superstar Lebron played with at one point, I definitely agree that, for whatever reason, Kyrie wanted to get out of Lebron's shadow, so to speak.

It's probably the case that in order to get the best out of Lebron, you basically surround him with a bunch of shooters and let the 3's rain down.
Lebron and Kawhi would be interesting, Kawhi isn't an incredible iso player/play maker (unless someone has stats proving me wrong, but I don't consider him a ball dominant player like Harden or Kyrie, for instance)

There was an interesting post on reddit yesterday; if you traded Lebron for Durant/Curry, which new team is better?
Which team is coached by Lue?

Not that one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom