NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth | Page 79 | Syracusefan.com

NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth

Probably the same for me, but I could argue for Embiid and Cousins in there over Kyrie and Paul.

Cousins is coming off a pretty serious injury though. Embiid, yeah, with another healthy season, I think he has to be on the list.

I kinda think Paul George is pretty awesome. Really good scorer, really good defensive player. Versatile. Lot to like

Cousins is coming off a pretty serious injury though. Embiid, yeah, with another healthy season, I think he has to be on the list.

Very true. Had an unbelievable season this year though. I mean the guy even averaged 5 dimes.

The teams that are going to get meeting with LeBron this summer.
Cleveland, Philly, Boston, Houston, LA Lakers and Golden State.
My odds
LA Lakers 3-1
Philly 4-1
Houston 8-1
Cleveland 10-1
Boston 12-1
Golden State 100-1

I kinda think Paul George is pretty awesome. Really good scorer, really good defensive player. Versatile. Lot to like
I like George as well but is he a top 10 player or is he a top 25 player.
I think top 10 guys are franchise guys.
Top 25 are all-stars.

I think George is the latter. That is a max player no doubt but not as good as I thought.

The teams that are going to get meeting with LeBron this summer.
Cleveland, Philly, Boston, Houston, LA Lakers and Golden State.
My odds
LA Lakers 3-1
Philly 4-1
Houston 8-1
Cleveland 10-1
Boston 12-1
Golden State 100-1

If Lebron goes to the dubs, the negative press has to be worse than when he went to Miami’s or when KD went there doesn’t it?

I like George as well but is he a top 10 player or is he a top 25 player.
I think top 10 guys are franchise guys.
Top 25 are all-stars.

I think George is the latter. That is a max player no doubt but not as good as I thought.

Yeah I'm not saying George is on my top 10. I don't see that. But I just don't think he's overrated, he's an all star type player. Top 20 ish

If Lebron goes to the dubs, the negative press has to be worse than when he went to Miami’s or when KD went there doesn’t it?

Absolutely -- the backlash would be incredible. And despite Lebron's obvious greatness, it might be a blow to his legacy [at least in the court of public opinion] that he'd presumably be sensitive to, given how things went down in Miami.

I think Lebron is going to surprise. Would he honestly be any closer to winning a championship playing for the Lakers than he is with Cleveland? Wouldn't be surprised to see him take a different approach, and left turn into a San Antonio [just for example] rather than the teams that are being discussed as prospective landing spots.

Yeah I'm not saying George is on my top 10. I don't see that. But I just don't think he's overrated, he's an all star type player. Top 20 ish

Top 20 ish maybe. Some of the same people I listen and talk to that are into the NBA poo poo'ed Gordon Hayward getting the max from the Celtics are the same people who think Paul George should get it and tell me how great he is when they are the same player when healthy.

Lol I open my Twitter app and this is first thing I see.
DfBOdysUEAEG3RB.jpg

I didn’t think it was possible but I guess your right Ainge is behind the scenes trying to get a meeting.

BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Talk about disappointing to me. Trade away the future for what they could attain without him...

I'm sure it won't happen, but Stephen A. is saying Lebron is going to speak to the Warriors in the offseason so I guess never say never. If that happens I don't get the point of watching the NBA if 3 of the top 5 players in the NBA are on the same team.

Would be hilarious if Bron was talking to Kerr to get him to switch teams to coach where he was going.

Absolutely -- the backlash would be incredible. And despite Lebron's obvious greatness, it might be a blow to his legacy [at least in the court of public opinion] that he'd presumably be sensitive to, given how things went down in Miami.

I think Lebron is going to surprise. Would he honestly be any closer to winning a championship playing for the Lakers than he is with Cleveland? Wouldn't be surprised to see him take a different approach, and left turn into a San Antonio [just for example] rather than the teams that are being discussed as prospective landing spots.

I bet Pop gets a sit down with him if Kawhi re-signs.

Top 20 ish maybe. Some of the same people I listen and talk to that are into the NBA poo poo'ed Gordon Hayward getting the max from the Celtics are the same people who think Paul George should get it and tell me how great he is when they are the same player when healthy.

Is Hayward the defensive player George is?

I do essentially agree with you though. Hayward was a worthy max recipient.

BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Talk about disappointing to me. Trade away the future for what they could attain without him...
If LeBron would commit to the Celtics.
I think they would move Horford’s contract and probably have to attach the Memphis/La Clippers/Sacramento draft picks to facilitate the move.

Plus Kyrie would get moved.

If and I mean if LeBron wanted to come to Boston the core of Tatum/Brown/Rozier/Smart/Morris/Hayward would be there.

I think Horford and Kyrie would be moved.

I think they would move Horford’s contract and probably have to attach the Memphis/La Clippers/Sacramento draft picks to facilitate the move.

If and I mean if LeBron wanted to come to Boston the core of Tatum/Brown/Rozier/Smart/Morris/Hayward would be there.

I'd rather have Kyrie, Hayward, Tatum...And Big Al was clutch in the playoffs this year. He would have known if there was a timeout...

I think it would be hilarious if Kyrie got traded so Bron can go to Boston.

I think he stays in CLE
Why?
The roster sucks.
They traded Kyrie for junk and one of Colin Sexton/Mikal Bridges/Wendall Carter.
They have no cap room and everyone has mentioned how crap this team has been he carried.
If LeBron wanted to stay they would have traded for Paul George last offseason and had him as a Kyrie replacement but LeBron wouldn’t commit.

I can’t see LeBron staying in Cleveland short of them moving up from 8 and getting a stud.

Why?
The roster sucks.
They traded Kyrie for junk and one of Colin s e xton/Mikal Bridges/Wendall Carter.
They have no cap room and everyone has mentioned how crap this team has been he carried.
If LeBron wanted to stay they would have traded for Paul George last offseason and had him as a Kyrie replacement but LeBron wouldn’t commit.

I can’t see LeBron staying in Cleveland short of them moving up from 8 and getting a stud.

Even if they moved up, I don't think Bron wants to depend on young guys.

I think he wants to be with 2 other all stars and have older guys fill out the roster.

That's why I'm very skeptical of Philly's chances, not even counting the Eric Jr tweets and what not.

Why?
The roster sucks.
They traded Kyrie for junk and one of Colin s e xton/Mikal Bridges/Wendall Carter.

Isn't his son about to enter high school at St Vincent- St Mary?

Even if they moved up, I don't think Bron wants to depend on young guys.

I think he wants to be with 2 other all stars and have older guys fill out the roster.

That's why I'm very skeptical of Philly's chances, not even counting the Eric Jr tweets and what not.
For me Philly makes sense if they moved Simmons.
I can’t see LeBron becoming a PF yet as he is still one of the best passers in the league.
Embiid and that young core makes sense but Simmons growth stunts bigtime with LeBron and if Embiid got hurt there would be problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom