NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth

Rich Paul is Thompson’s agent.
Paul is a long time LeBron James guy.

Let's be fair to LeBron a little bit here. The Cavs were already in a tough cap spot and overpaying for TT a bit to go for the immediate goal of winning a title wasn't that crazy. They couldn't just got out and sign someone.

In 2015, If CLE wins game 1/Kyrie isn't hurt, CLE could have won back to back titles and everyone would just deal with the situation they are in now.

Bron definitely wields a ton of power, definitely makes some bad decisions in terms of personnel and obviously makes an organization bend to his will (for the most part, Riley was able to have him back off of that).

Not excusing it, but it's not like they could have just gone out and gotten someone else that was better. That wasn't happening.

And, with Bron on 1 year deals, the Cavs had to be in "win right now" mode every year without being able to rebuild.

One note, I know everyone is saying that the Cs are missing their "two best players". But 1) Al Horford is at least on par with Hayward and 2) The starting lineup has three number 3 picks from the draft.

I don't think they can beat the GSW (I don't think anyone can take more than a game from them), but if Houston somehow pulled it off, I absolutely think the Cs, with this team, could win the series.

Let's be fair to LeBron a little bit here. The Cavs were already in a tough cap spot and overpaying for TT a bit to go for the immediate goal of winning a title wasn't that crazy. They couldn't just got out and sign someone.

In 2015, If CLE wins game 1/Kyrie isn't hurt, CLE could have won back to back titles and everyone would just deal with the situation they are in now.

Bron definitely wields a ton of power, definitely makes some bad decisions in terms of personnel and obviously makes an organization bend to his will (for the most part, Riley was able to have him back off of that).

Not excusing it, but it's not like they could have just gone out and gotten someone else that was better. That wasn't happening.

And, with Bron on 1 year deals, the Cavs had to be in "win right now" mode every year without being able to rebuild.

Yeah, I hear ya. Pretty fair. I also realize that LBJ probably isn’t the easiest person to play with especially for a type like Kyrie who claimed to want to create his own legacy. Still, for the most part these other guys aren’t doing their jobs. The defensive effort last night at times was horrendous and how many wide open looks has Green, Hill, JR Smith, etc., had the first two games? If they do their jobs the Cavs might be up 2-0 or at least 1-1 and I realize BOS is the better overall team.

LeBron is criminally underpaid so if he can help his guy Paul get more money for his guy I don’t blame him.
I am just saying the Cavs overpaid Thompson to please LeBron.
Which honestly they should do whatever LeBron wants as he is the franchise.

One note, I know everyone is saying that the Cs are missing their "two best players". But 1) Al Horford is at least on par with Hayward and 2) The starting lineup has three number 3 picks from the draft.

I don't think they can beat the GSW (I don't think anyone can take more than a game from them), but if Houston somehow pulled it off, I absolutely think the Cs, with this team, could win the series.

Gordon is better than Al, Al’s just been playing way over his head and to the occasion.

Hayward would not impact horford, they’d play at the same time. Kyrie is still a much better guard than terry.

Kyrie
Smart
Hayward
Brown
Horford

Tatum
Rozier
Morris
Baynes
Monroe
Thies
Larkin

Thatd be the lineup i think

Horford was not as good as Hayward last year. The Celtics have talent I agree, but I think you’re overrating Horford a bit. He’s been great in the playoffs though and played the best I’ve seen him play.

Al isn’t flashy in the regular season.
He is just solid.
In the playoffs the last 2 years he has become a 20-10 guy. In the regular season he is a 15-6 guy.
He is a great defender for Stevens system and doesn’t have an ego those are his strengths.
However Al has had too many regular season games where he is the 5th option offensively.

Is it possible Hayward is being just a little overrated? He's had one really good year. He's definitely a good player and all that, but if I had to win a game tomorrow, I think I'd rather have Horford. (and not because Hayward is still hurt smart guys)

of course, one season under Brad Stevens and the guy will probably be second team all league

Is it possible Hayward is being just a little overrated? He's had one really good year. He's definitely a good player and all that, but if I had to win a game tomorrow, I think I'd rather have Horford. (and not because Hayward is still hurt smart guys)

of course, one season under Brad Stevens and the guy will probably be second team all league

Maybe, but considering he has gotten better nearly every year (points, rebounds, FT%, 3P%) in the death march that is the Western Conference, I'd say he's rated just about right.

upload_2018-5-16_15-12-21.png

Maybe, but considering he has gotten better nearly every year (points, rebounds, FT%, 3P%) in the death march that is the Western Conference, I'd say he's rated just about right.

View attachment 128414

Funny how that 2010 Butler team had him, Mack(who has stuck around the NBA), and coached by Stevens...and it took Cuse(only real NBA player was Wes, Rautins and Joseph lasted a few games) losing its center , playing a flat out awful game, and one of the luckiest bounces on a made 3 I’ve ever seen for them to pull the upset.

In hindsight, it’s interesting how we were clearly the better team that season by a good amount when they had by far the best future pro.

Wow, no further punishment for JR Smith for shoving Horford in the air.

I’m sure they begged the NBA not to suspend him.

By “they”, I mean the Celtics.

Should have been a flagrant 2. That's such a dangerous play.

If he pulled that in the Finals against GSW against KD or Steph, David West would have planted him.

Horford is hard to assess because he's consistently very good but very rarely goes bananas statistically.

Yup, totally agreed. He's also a really good defensive player (anchored the #1 defense in the league) but again, does it without the crazy block #'s. Just a guy who can do everything.

Like I said, he's really good. But I mean Al Horford was an all star as recently as 3 months ago. He's really good too!
The Celtics record got them a 2nd allstar and Horford was the pick over Brown and Tatum who both are future all stars.
Horford is good but he isn’t their best or most important player right now.

Rich Paul is Thompson’s agent.
Paul is a long time LeBron James guy.

I know a Rich Paul and he's a lawyer. Wonder if its the same guy? Doubt it but I haven't seen him in years.

The Celtics record got them a 2nd allstar and Horford was the pick over Brown and Tatum who both are future all stars.
Horford is good but he isn’t their best or most important player right now.

I was more trying to say I don't think it's a given he's not one of their 2 best guys.

I kinda think he's their most important player on the roster right now. Guy has made so many big plays these playoffs.

I was more trying to say I don't think it's a given he's not one of their 2 best guys.

I kinda think he's their most important player on the roster right now. Guy has made so many big plays these playoffs.
Playoff Al has been a stud.
He was last year as well.
He just has too many 8pt 3 rebound games in the regular season.
He isn’t this aggressive in the regular season. He has upped his game in the postseason.
In the regular season he has been a 15-6 guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom