NBA Playoffs | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Playoffs

Let me guess--you must be a cleveland fan. That's the only possible explanation for rationalizing away what Delly did.

He. Hit. Him. In. The. Junk.

Iguodala showed unbelievable restraint, despite getting in his face. And it drew the correct response from the officials.

Unreal.

Right and weather intentional or not his style of play leads to these things. Just like Green kicking Adams in the junk. Did he do it on purpose? Maybe, he certainly flailed his leg on purpose just like Delly chopped blindly from behind on purpose. Talk about unnecessary contact . . . . .

Let me guess--you must be a cleveland fan. That's the only possible explanation for rationalizing away what Delly did.

He. Hit. Him. In. The. Junk.

Iguodala showed unbelievable restraint, despite getting in his face. And it drew the correct response from the officials. Nobody just walks away after getting drilled in the "lower midsection" -- especially when said contact comes on a BS defensive play on a fast break.

Unreal.

No, I'm not a Cleveland fan you're wrong there. I generally just take in a lot of NBA. Fan of the game. I'm just rationally looking at the play in front of me. In the end Dellavedova was correctly assessed a common foul so you can argue until you're blue in the face.

No, I'm not a Cleveland fan you're wrong there. I generally just take in a lot of NBA. Fan of the game. I'm just rationally looking at the play in front of me. In the end Dellavedova was correctly assessed a common foul so you can argue until you're blue in the face.

I might be wrong about you being a Cleveland fan, but I'm sure not wrong about that play being dirty or Iguodala being justified standing up for himself after that chump move that Dellavadova pulled.

The only one here arguing is you--everybody else seems to be on the same page about what a blatant cheap shot it was.

Yep, the Raptors took 2 games from the Cavs and they aren't even a playoff team in the west. I knew the Cavs had almost zero chance to win the finals after that.

I think that's a bit of an oversell there. The west isn't as loaded top to bottom as it's been. The raptors won 56 games this year. Based on their winning % against the east and west, if you flipped it to them playing 52 west games and 30 east games, they'd have won 52 games and been a 5 seed, 8 games ahead of Portland.

Yep, the Raptors took 2 games from the Cavs and they aren't even a playoff team in the west. I knew the Cavs had almost zero chance to win the finals after that.
I think the Raptors would have been the 5 seed in the West.

The only one here arguing is you--everybody else seems to be on the same page about what a blatant cheap shot it was.

I wouldn't really call it arguing just offered up what the refs likely discussed when they stopped the game for an eternity and came out assigning it a common foul.

it was more of an open palm then I thought, my bad on that

It doesn't really matter whether it was open palm or not--the force of the blow came from the arm swinging down into his giblets.

That he didn't have a closed fist should hardly matter at all.

I wouldn't really call it arguing just offered up what the refs likely discussed when they stopped the game for an eternity and came out assigning it a common foul.

Right... and they did that even after Iguodala got in his face, which generally is an automatic T.

So the context of that outcome is pretty important to this conversation.

Right... and they did that even after Iguodala got in his face, which generally is an automatic T.

So the context of that outcome is pretty important to this conversation.

I'm not following you here. The part I bolded sounds like you're saying that Iguodala's reaction to the play should influence how the ref calls the foul on Dellavedova? Am I misunderstanding?

It doesn't really matter whether it was open palm or not--the force of the blow came from the arm swinging down into his giblets.

That he didn't have a closed fist should hardly matter at all.

It only matters in the sense that i said he did and he didn't really. Just wanted to correct that.

I'm not following you here. The part I bolded sounds like you're saying that Iguodala's reaction to the play should influence how the ref calls the foul on Dellavedova? Am I misunderstanding?

What I said originally is that Iguoadala's reaction was justified, that he showed restraint, and that as a veteran he showed professionalism by not getting caught up in the heat of the moment after what Dellavedova did.

I didn't say that Dellavadova should have been tossed from the game, assigned a flagrant foul, etc.

The part that you bolded translated means that the refs didn't give Iguodala a technical despite him getting in Delly's face--which supports my original point about Iggy showing professionalism by holding himself back, and not hurting his team by getting a technical foul, getting tossed / suspended for fighting, etc.

That's been my point from the beginning.

Throughout this thread, you've tried to minimize / downplay what Dellavadova did. You've also tried to justify it by pointing out what Green--another dirty player--did in another series.

You also seem to be taking a hard line stance that Iguodala should have walked away, and that anything less than that isn't indicative of him showing restraint. I beg to differ on that.

I think Delly is way more dirty than Green. I think that's been proven out over time. Green is just dramatic when he gets fouled, and his leg kick is his way of flopping. Pretty similar to what other guys have done in the past like Reggie Miller and Ray Allen.

I think Delly is way more dirty than Green. I think that's been proven out over time. Green is just dramatic when he gets fouled, and his leg kick is his way of flopping. Pretty similar to what other guys have done in the past like Reggie Miller and Ray Allen.

Green is kind of dirty too; I'm thinking him and Adams from game 7. But Delly is probably the dirtiest player in the game?

All dirty starting 5?
Delly
Dunleavy
Dray
Bogut

Need a 5th

At first I also definitely thought Delly's arm slap on Iguodala was on purpose - it wasn't close to the ball. But seeing it 15 times in replay, it could be that he was just trying to slap Iguodala's non-ball arm to stop the break and inadvertently hit him in the nuts. Yes, I thought Iggy did show great constraint, whether the hit was on purpose or not, because that hurts. We can discuss all we want whether it was flagrant or not, but only the offending player really knows. The action is so fast and things evolve so quickly that it's hard to imagine that all of these things are basically premeditated. This includes the Green leg kick. Some things are just reactive with unfortunate effects. Not saying it's all innocent either necessarily. Green for instance is a very emotional player which can lead to issues that appear dirty. I like Green though. I agree with the refs' call last night of a common fall on Delly and nothing on Iggy, however it should not take half an eternity for the refs to figure this out.

What I said originally is that Iguoadala's reaction was justified, that he showed restraint, and that as a veteran he showed professionalism by not getting caught up in the heat of the moment after what Dellavedova did.

I didn't say that Dellavadova should have been tossed from the game, assigned a flagrant foul, etc.

The part that you bolded translated means that the refs didn't give Iguodala a technical despite him getting in Delly's face--which supports my original point about Iggy showing professionalism by holding himself back, and not hurting his team by getting a technical foul, getting tossed / suspended for fighting, etc.

That's been my point from the beginning.

Throughout this thread, you've tried to minimize / downplay what Dellavadova did. You've also tried to justify it by pointing out what Green--another dirty player--did in another series.

You also seem to be taking a hard line stance that Iguodala should have walked away, and that anything less than that isn't indicative of him showing restraint. I beg to differ on that.

No, I'm not taking a hard stance that he should have walked away. I'm just saying he COULD have walked away. Sorry if my opinion on that matter was misconstrued. I just think the veteran move, as you put it, would be to chalk it up to a mistake. I think Dellavedova even turned and raised his hand after the play so as to acknowledge the foul. I don't think he knew where he connected. But I'm not against anything Iggy did on that play. And I also agree with the no tech.

As for what Dellavedova did I just really think the play, this time, was just incidental contact. Players swipe all the time right? Sometimes it's just an honest mistake. I recognize he has a history of being dirty and a page ago I said I don't even like him. I didn't try to justify what he did by bringing in Green vs Adams. The reason I pointed out that play was that it is possible not to retaliate at all (getting in someone's face); however, Adams went down like a sack of potatoes so maybe that example wasn't apropo. I used it because it involved the groin lol.

Cleveland is actually playing worse offensively this year with Kyrie and Love playing than they did last year in the finals against Golden State. (89ppg this year vs 94 last year). Also, Lebron is shooting 36% against Iggy dating back to last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom