NBA Playoffs | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Playoffs

Love ruled out for game 3 tonight.

The Cavs are about to get steamrolled. If they lose tonight, a sweep isn't just a possibility--I'd guess it is likely.

Is it possible they actually play better with Love out? Against the Warriors, I'd be hard pressed to say they're projected to play any worse. Which definitely means a blowout is in play.

Cavs are going to try and copy the OKC model of going ultra big with scorers around them.
Kyrie-Smith-Lebron-Thompson-Mozgov which forces more Ezeli and Speights to play.

Cavs are going to try and copy the OKC model of going ultra big with scorers around them.
Kyrie-Smith-Lebron-Thompson-Mozgov which forces more Ezeli and Speights to play.

Only problem is they played the two bigs last year, GS went small, and ran them off the court the last 3 games.

Is it possible they actually play better with Love out? Against the Warriors, I'd be hard pressed to say they're projected to play any worse. Which definitely means a blowout is in play.

I'd say no. Not with Love providing floor spacing from shooting. Frye can do that as well, but he isn't nearly the rebounder. So sans Love, they aren't "better."

They'll play "better" because they'll get the usual NBA playoff preferential treatment from the officials.

I'd say no. Not with Love providing floor spacing from shooting. Frye can do that as well, but he isn't nearly the rebounder. So sans Love, they aren't "better."

They'll play "better" because they'll get the usual NBA playoff preferential treatment from the officials.

I just think Love really gets exposed defensively against the Warriors. I don't think it's a huge loss either way. Which means I still expect the Warriors to win the series in 5.

I just think Love really gets exposed defensively against the Warriors. I don't think it's a huge loss either way. Which means I still expect the Warriors to win the series in 5.

Disagree--I think Love is getting some undue blame. But honestly don't think his presence / absence makes a difference one way or the other--GS is going to roll them either way.

And as mentioned above, any "bump" in performance the Cavs get tonight is going to be more attributable to home cookin' that enables them to play "better" at home.

Disagree--I think Love is getting some undue blame. But honestly don't think his presence / absence makes a difference one way or the other--GS is going to roll them either way.

And as mentioned above, any "bump" in performance the Cavs get tonight is going to be more attributable to home cookin' that enables them to play "better" at home.

That's more what I'm saying then the Cavs are now way better if Love sits. He's probably being scapegoated a little though. But I also can't get out of my mind a story Zach lowe was telling about the finals last year, when the Warriors coaching staff thought the Cavs caught a break with the injury to Love because of how much they could attack him defensively.

I wish I could bet on things like Draymond Green will have 2 fouls by the under 6 timeout in the first quarter tonight.

Refs will give Lebron 20 FT attempts tonight.

I wish I could bet on things like Draymond Green will have 2 fouls by the under 6 timeout in the first quarter tonight.

Refs will give Lebron 20 FT attempts tonight.

Agree 100%. Wouldn't be remotely surprised to see Green pick up 2 quick fouls that force him to the bench, and then a quick 3rd once he returns in the second quarter. Book it.

Thompson Mozgov can't guard Curry/Klay/Green on the perimeter like Ibaka and Durant and Roberson could. Warriors will hunt the big men down and iso them all game long.

I think Steph goes for 35 plus tonight and the Warriors put the hammer down. Cleveland is averaging 88 against them going back to last year, and I see no way Golden State scores less than 100 tonight.

To paraphrase the Wolf, "Let's not start sucking each other's di<ks just yet, Cavs fans."

So just how much better are the Cavs without Kevin Love? I mean, when they trade him away this summer are they going to have to just give him away?

What to heck does Cleveland do to Curry that nobody else does? He has been a nonfactor this entire series.
Cleveland should be up more than 8 at halftime.

What to heck does Cleveland do to Curry that nobody else does? He has been a nonfactor this entire series.
Cleveland should be up more than 8 at halftime.
Especially with all the calls they keep getting. I can't believe Green didn't get a call on that one right towards end of 1st half, then on the other end they called a BS call on Steph. I guess if you are Thompson you can push guys in the back all night long to get rebounds on the offensive end and refs will let that go.

Crowd was electric here early. Irving played great. Horrible game by lebron so far. Cavs could be up more. Thompson playing great.

Will curry get involved?

Especially with all the calls they keep getting. I can't believe Green didn't get a call on that one right towards end of 1st half, then on the other end they called a BS call on Steph. I guess if you are Thompson you can push guys in the back all night long to get rebounds on the offensive end and refs will let that go.
They could have called a few more against GS first half.

Crazy here. Cavs are on. Warriors aren't hitting and Steph just honestly getting locked down. Always expected Cavs to play well at home though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom