NBA Playoffs | Page 58 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Playoffs

Trade machine says it doesn't work right now, but I think that's because they aren't building in the jump in cap space.

I think I like it from the Cle POV I think, would add some shot blocking and defense. Draft express has Jamal M urray going in that slot to the Kings, that would definitely add some shooting for Cleveland.

As for the Kings, maybe they figure a trade is the best way to get a big name?
Murray isn't falling to 8. I think he is odds on favorite to go 3rd. I can't see Boston/Phoenix/Minnesota/New Orleans/Denver all passing on Murray. Bender/Murray/Dunn are the 3rd-5th guys IMO.

Philly supposedly looking for another top 10 pick. Would have mean they are def trading Okafor...

Sacramento would have to be under the cap for this trade to be possible. The salaries don't have to match unless one team is below the cap.

I don't think this is bad but I don't see Cleveland doing this trade as Thompson and Cauley-Stein couldn't play on the floor with Lebron without the lane being flooded and Cleveland gave Thompson a lot of money. If Cleveland trades Love now they are going to only get 50 cents on the dollar for him.
I figure Cleveland would want either a shot blocker or outside shooting for Love, and my guess is they're more likely to get the interior defender. I agree that Cleveland is selling low on Love, but I think that's better than keeping him.

Plus, I love the idea of Love putting up 20 and 10 in Sactown and missing the playoffs every year.

Philly supposedly looking for another top 10 pick. Would have mean they are def trading Okafor...

I don't see him helping cleveland. Too slow, clogs the middle, isn't a rim protector.

I think Okafor will be pretty darn good in the right system, but a player like Noel might be a better fit in Cleveland. As would a stretch 5 who opens the lane for Lebron / Irving to take it to the hole.

Bill Simmons speculating Jabari Parker might be available for a package centered around the 3Rd pick. I wouldn't want him.

Also, he is right this really a 6 player draft and Chriss is the 7th guy. Sacramento's pick relies on one of the top 7 falling to them.

Simmons/Ingram are 1/2. Bender/Murray/Dunn are 3-5. Chriss is 6th and Buddy Hield is likely going 7th to Denver.

I don't get the preoccupation with Chriss.

I know that this other player isn't as much of a high-flying rim rocker as Chriss, but I think Ellenson is 10 times more skilled and will be a much better, more effective NBA player in the modern game. I'd be all over him starting at #3. I hope that the Celtics consider taking him there over Bender, to be honest. Ellenson is my sleeper from this year's draft class--the guy who I think will be a stud / star who isn't projected at the extreme top of the draft.

There's no way he's lasting until 16, unfortunately.

I know that this other player isn't as much of a high-flying rim rocker as Chriss, but I think Ellenson is 10 times more skilled and will be a much better NBA player. I'd be all over him starting at #3. I hope that the Celtics consider taking him there over Bender, to be honest. Ellenson is my sleeper from this year's draft class--the guy who I think will be a stud / star who isn't projected at the top of the draft.

Totally agree about Ellenson. I was really impressed seeing him against Iowa last year and in a few other games. I think my first choice for the C's at 3 would be Murray but I'd be more than happy with Ellenson.

I don't see him helping cleveland. Too slow, clogs the middle, isn't a rim protector.

I think Okafor will be pretty darn good in the right system, but a player like Noel might be a better fit in Cleveland. As would a stretch 5 who opens the lane for Lebron / Irving to take it to the hole.

I'm really down on Okafor. He'll probably put up numbers in the right system, but a big man who can't play defense or stretch the floor? I dunno. Totally agree Noel would help them a lot more. I may have said this before, I can't remember, but Porzingis I think would be an awesome fit for Cleveland. There aren't too many guys who can guard the rim and stretch the floor on defense. (I'm not suggesting the Cavs try and get him, I just think he'd fit in so well with them)

Totally agree about Ellenson. I was really impressed seeing him against Iowa last year and in a few other games. I think my first choice for the C's at 3 would be Murray but I'd be more than happy with Ellenson.

My dream a month ago was them landing Ellenson / Sabonis with their first two picks. I don't know who they're taking at #3, but both of those players will probably be gone by #16.

Would love to see them add at least one superior big. Not sure that Bender fits that mold [he seems like a poor man's Porzingis--not on par with KP].

I'm really down on Okafor. He'll probably put up numbers in the right system, but a big man who can't play defense or stretch the floor? I dunno. Totally agree Noel would help them a lot more. I may have said this before, I can't remember, but Porzingis I think would be an awesome fit for Cleveland. There aren't too many guys who can guard the rim and stretch the floor on defense. (I'm not suggesting the Cavs try and get him, I just think he'd fit in so well with them)

Agree 100%. Problem is, there aren't too many guys like Porzingis--7 footers who can score inside, rebound at a high clip, block shots, and can jumpers from deep.

It really was a stroke of luck that he fell to the Knicks. I know some of the advanced stats might suggest otherwise, but I liked Porzingis more than Towns, and I think that while he needed some time to hit his stride more than Towns, that KP will prove to be the best player from the draft of 2015 when it is all said and done.

I know that this other player isn't as much of a high-flying rim rocker as Chriss, but I think Ellenson is 10 times more skilled and will be a much better, more effective NBA player in the modern game. I'd be all over him starting at #3. I hope that the Celtics consider taking him there over Bender, to be honest. Ellenson is my sleeper from this year's draft class--the guy who I think will be a stud / star who isn't projected at the extreme top of the draft.

Celtics are talking Bender or Murray if they keep the pick. They need shooting in Murray or if they think Bender is the real deal. Ellenson is going to go to Milwaukee or Toronto IMO. I want nothing to do with Chriss or Brown.

With 16 they want the kid from Kentucky Skal Labissiere if he isn't there I think its top player on the board.
With 23 it is going to be European stash pick.
With 31 I think its traded for a future first round pick.
With 35 another stash pick. The rest will be sold I bet.

Agree 100%. Problem is, there aren't too many guys like Porzingis--7 footers who can score inside, rebound at a high clip, block shots, and can jumpers from deep.

It really was a stroke of luck that he fell to the Knicks. I know some of the advanced stats might suggest otherwise, but I liked Porzingis more than Towns, and I think that while he needed some time to hit his stride more than Towns, that KP will prove to be the best player from the draft of 2015 when it is all said and done.

Yeah the population of guys who can shoot 3's and protect the rim like he can is really low. (On a side note, I remember a thread from earlier in the season where this was a discussion point for Lydon; something like the combination of his 3 point attempts and blocks portended success down the road).
I hope you're right about Towns v Porzingis, but I LOVE Towns. if KP hits his absolute peak he might be better just because of the size and shooting ability, but I think Towns is going to be one of the best players in the league as early as next year.

Edit: Man I forgot Towns made 30 3's at 34% last year. What a stud

Last edited:

He was born in the wrong decade. In the 80's and 90's he would have fit better.

Okafor is an example of how the 1 and done sometimes works out for the kid. He cashed that one year in college into a top 3 pick. He really isn't that athletic and not good in the modern NBA. He is kinda the reverse Andre Drummond. Drummond is a dominant defensive player with a still developing offensive game.

Ellenson? You are going to take a guy at #3 that may never be able to play nba-level average defense against bigs?

Sorry, I know the guy has real skill, but if you aren't getting a two-way player at #3, he better be Melo-like on offense.

Start the death lineup and get Lebron tired.

I think it's going to work the other way. Start the death lineup and see Draymond get tired. If Kerr still has no faith in Ezeli, that means Barnes is still the backup C.

Celtics are talking Bender or Murray if they keep the pick. They need shooting in Murray or if they think Bender is the real deal. Ellenson is going to go to Milwaukee or Toronto IMO. I want nothing to do with Chriss or Brown.

With 16 they want the kid from Kentucky Skal Labissiere if he isn't there I think its top player on the board.
With 23 it is going to be European stash pick.
With 31 I think its traded for a future first round pick.
With 35 another stash pick. The rest will be sold I bet.

I like Murray a lot more than Hield, due to his versatility. Boston has a glut of guards, most of whom have a significant flaw. Not sure that Murray corrects that problem, but he shoots it a LOT better than Bradley / Smart.

I'd prefer Bender over Murray, but would greatly prefer Ellenson over either Bender of Labissiere. Labissiere has flame out written all over him [same as Diallo from Kansas]. But at #16 and with multiple picks, you're trying to catch lightning in a bottle.

Like you, I wouldn't want anything to do with Chriss or Brown.

Ellenson? You are going to take a guy at #3 that may never be able to play nba-level average defense against bigs?

Sorry, I know the guy has real skill, but if you aren't getting a two-way player at #3, he better be Melo-like on offense.

Why is that? Because some analysts suggest it? Kid is big enough to play 5 and can block shots. Not every player has to be a jumping jack.

And the offensive upside with this kid is unbelievable. I also invite you to watch video of him handling the ball in the open floor, and then evaluate how he'd fit in the modern NBA. This guy is going to create matchup problems on the OTHER end.

Bill Simmons speculating Jabari Parker might be available for a package centered around the 3Rd pick. I wouldn't want him.

Also, he is right this really a 6 player draft and Chriss is the 7th guy. Sacramento's pick relies on one of the top 7 falling to them.

Simmons/Ingram are 1/2. Bender/Murray/Dunn are 3-5. Chriss is 6th and Buddy Hield is likely going 7th to Denver.

His "six player draft" is a media thing. They always label a draft X number of players. It's ridiculous.

There are plenty of guys that can be competent rotation players and even starters through #35 or so. They just need to be put into the right position.

But there aren't going to be six guys that are multiple all stars in this draft. Maybe Simmons. Maybe Ingram. Maybe Murray (even though I don't think this will be the case). There are never as many good players as the prognosticators think or talk about. Ever.

I think it's going to work the other way. Start the death lineup and see Draymond get tired. If Kerr still has no faith in Ezeli, that means Barnes is still the backup C.

Maybe. Lebron looked tired in game 4, as did Kyrie. Draymond logged 42 minutes. I know they weren't all at center, but we will see. Ezeli plays no matter who starts. They won't go to Barnes at the 5 this game.

Why is that? Because some analysts suggest it? Kid is big enough to play 5 and can block shots. Not every player has to be a jumping jack.

And the offensive upside with this kid is unbelievable. I also invite you to watch video of him handling the ball in the open floor, and then evaluate how he'd fit in the modern NBA. This guy is going to create matchup problems on the OTHER end.

Being big enough means nothing. Do you see how much switching there is? Do you see how disciplined you need to be? How much athleticism you need?

If he can dribble, great. Like I said, you better be getting Melo-like production on offense. Because if you have a big that can't play defense, you shouldn't be drafting him at #3. It's a waste of a pick. You get on the floor with defense. You become a star with offense. It happens in that order. Also, the guy has a questionable motor, which paired with poor defense, makes him chicken bbq in the nba.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom