NBA Playoffs | Page 65 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Playoffs

Yeah Idk how so many people can say the refs are rigging the games against the Warriors, especially after the Western Conference Finals. Iggy, Klay, and Curry have been hacking LeBron/Kyrie almost every time they drive to the basket just like they did KD/Westbrook, most of which not being called as fouls in this series but are usually clear hacks on the arms with each replay. Then I see people say something like "Well Golden State only took so many free throws and Cleveland only had so many fouls". It's just like the fans that complain that their team didn't take more free throws against Syracuse when in reality, they did nothing but take perimeter shots all game. Obviously the team that attacks the defense draws more fouls and takes more free throws. In reality, the refs are just schizo when it comes to blowing the whistle. They can't even get out of bounds calls correct.

Tonight though, Curry just played worse than usual 1 on 1 defense and reached more. I saw gifs with all six of his fouls in slow motion and they were all but one clear fouls just as they appeared in real time. The only questionable one was the blocking foul with LeBron, which is the hardest call to make in the sport. A couple were late whistles but still very clear fouls. As a player you just have to be smarter than that. I thought it was hilarious when people said he got a clean strip on Kyrie. Must have missed the three fouls before the strip.

It really just comes down to people hating LeBron I think. People are all over the internet saying LeBron should be suspended for taunting Curry after a block. It's sad. Honestly I just think it would be hilarious for the Warriors to lose after their epic regular season and the Thunder series. It would literally be the greatest Finals comeback of all time and people will still find a way to criticize LeBron.

Last edited:
Yeah Idk how so many people can say the refs are rigging the games against the Warriors, especially after the Western Conference Finals. Iggy, Klay, and Curry have been hacking LeBron/Kyrie almost every time they drive to the basket just like they did KD/Westbrook, most of which not being called as fouls in this series but are usually clear hacks on the arms with each replay. Then I see people say something like "Well Golden State only took so many free throws and Cleveland only had so many fouls". It's just like the fans that complain that their team didn't take more free throws against Syracuse when in reality, they did nothing but take perimeter shots all game. Obviously the team that attacks the defense draws more fouls and takes more free throws. In reality, the refs are just schizo when it comes to blowing the whistle. They can't even get out of bounds calls correct.

Tonight though, Curry just played worse than usual 1 on 1 defense and reached more. I saw gifs with all six of his fouls in slow motion and they were all but one clear fouls just as they appeared in real time. The only questionable one was the blocking foul with LeBron, which is the hardest call to make in the sport. A couple were late whistles but still very clear fouls. As a player you just have to be smarter than that. I thought it was hilarious when people said he got a clean strip on Kyrie. Must have missed the three fouls before the strip.

It really just comes down to people hating LeBron I think. People are all over the internet saying LeBron should be suspended for taunting Curry after a block. It's sad. Honestly I just think it would be hilarious for the Warriors to lose after their epic regular season and the Thunder series. It would literally be the greatest Finals comeback of all time and people will still find a way to criticize LeBron.
In the words of word of basketball great David Byrne, stop making sense.

saw about 3/4 of the game. now I remember why I don't watch much nba. doesn't matter who is or isn't getting the calls, but nba games always have a staged feel to them. the nba is all Burr's and Higgins.

So you watch a performance like LeBron's, where it's tough to play the game of basketball any better than he did, and you get "reminded" why you don't like watching it? Are you sure you like basketball?

You have no idea what he said. LeBron doesn't react like that in situations like that, he made an exception for the Chosen One. Good for him.

I said "seemingly". And just to be clear ... I loved every second of it.

I have no idea what will happen in Game 7. I lean towards GS closing it out at home but this series has been crazy.

GS is so tough at home and are obviously an all time great team that will be incredibly difficult to beat 3 times in a row. This is undoubtedly oversimplifying things but I almost want to say it feels a little like whoever is healthier Sunday between whatever Kyrie did to his foot and Iguodala's back may end up winning. Neither team can really afford to have a beat up version of either of them.

Having said that, Warriors have some things that need to be figured out or else it's a real possibility they lose on Sunday. They used to have almost a perfect structure to combat LeBron. Now with Iggy slowed with his back issues and Bogut out those are two big cracks in that structure. Tough to put Green on LeBron in place of Iggy too because their best line ups are him at center and if he is on LeBron I'm not sure who is keeping a body on Thompson keeping him off the offensive glass.

Warriors look like they miss Bogut on offense. He wasn't a huge scoring threat but he was a very capable passer and helped facilitate ball movement and keep the defense rotating. Ezeli and Varejao just don't give you that same skill set. Ezeli looks like he's lost his confidence. Varejao is good for a couple energy plays and maybe can sneak you some whistles that lead to an extra possession here and there but overall they just aren't giving them what they need.

Back to the death line up of Green at center, that isn't the same line up as it was during the regular season when Iggy is slowed with back problems like last night and Barnes is playing the way he is. I think Barnes will play better in Game 7 as his performance trends back towards the mean and role players play better at home but he's been awful the last two games.

Kinda crazy that Cleveland has sent this to 7 with basically nothing from Kevin Love and it isn't like they've had a role player play out of their minds like a Danny Green from a few years ago.

Also, LeBron is leading both teams in the Finals in points, rebounds, assists, blocks and steals. That is absurd. He still is probably going to have to have one more performance like the last two to close it out but wow. I was doubting him that he could still take it up a level like a few years ago but he's shown when he is locked in and has it going he's still on his own planet.

Last edited:
I have no idea what will happen in Game 7. I lean towards GS closing it out at home but this series has been crazy.

GS is so tough at home and are obviously an all time great team that will be incredibly difficult to beat 3 times in a row.

Having said that, Warriors have some things that need to be figured out or else it's a real possibility they lose on Sunday. They used to have almost a perfect structure to combat LeBron. Now with Iggy slowed with his back issues and Bogut out those are two big cracks in that structure. Tough to put Green on LeBron in place of Iggy too because their best line ups are him at center and if he is on LeBron I'm not sure who is keeping a body on Thompson keeping him off the offensive glass.

Warriors look like they miss Bogut on offense. He wasn't a huge scoring threat but he was a very capable passer and helped facilitate ball movement and keep the defense rotating. Ezeli and Varejao just don't give you that same skill set. Ezeli looks like he's lost his confidence. Varejao is good for a couple energy plays and maybe can sneak you some whistles that lead to an extra possession here and there but overall they just aren't giving them what they need.

Back to the death line up of Green at center, that isn't the same line up as it was during the regular season when Iggy is slowed with back problems like last night and Barnes is playing the way he is. I think Barnes will play better in Game 7 as his performance trends back towards the mean and role players play better at home but he's been awful the last two games.

Kinda crazy that Cleveland has sent this to 7 with basically nothing from Kevin Love and it isn't like they've had a role player play out of their minds like a Danny Green from a few years ago.

Also, LeBron is leading both teams in the Finals in points, rebounds, assists, blocks and steals. That is absurd. He still is probably going to have to have one more performance like the last two to close it out but wow. I was doubting him that he could still take it up a level like a few years ago but he's shown when he is locked in and has it going he's still on his own planet.
Anyone who isn't living in the moment and appreciating LeBron's greatness is missing a once in a generation performance. He's is doing things that hasn't been done ever. If the Cavs win on Sunday get ready for all the LeBron GOAT conversations. I'm a huge MJ fan but Bronnie is insane.

I have a question for the Lebron followers. Why do people automatically assume someone hates Lebron if they are not rooting for him? I hear this all the time, and honestly it gets old. Can't someone root for the other team? Do you have to hate Lebron to root for the other team? It's the most repeated thing I hear over and over...

Last edited:
I have a question for the Lebron followers, but why do people automatically assume someone hates Lebron if they are not rooting for him? I hear this all the time, and honestly it gets old. Can't someone root for the other team? Do you have to hate Lebron to root for the other team? It's the most repeated thing I hear over and over...

I think it is because the most vocal people that root for the other team (when LBJ is involved) do hate LeBron. So you're gonna hear about it.

Well, considering that the bulk of Love's career has been losing, I'm going with flawed stat.

walterwhite.png

Kevin Love has never lost a playoff series in his career. People forget that.

So you watch a performance like LeBron's, where it's tough to play the game of basketball any better than he did, and you get "reminded" why you don't like watching it? Are you sure you like basketball?

Well, speaking for myself, I played and reffed at the college level, and I coached at my HS. So I can say yes, I like basketball. It's the NBA I don't like. There's a difference, and believe me, I know what it is. No matter, to quote another basketball great, Sly Stone, "Different strokes for different folks." :)

He's taking the financial hit to try to get some calls in a do or die game. Can't blame him.

His team got worked the last two games, Bogut is done, Iguodala looks hurt pretty bad...they've got some problems right now.

He saw it worked for Lue, why not give it a try?

I have a question for the Lebron followers, but why do people automatically assume someone hates Lebron if they are not rooting for him? I hear this all the time, and honestly it gets old. Can't someone root for the other team? Do you have to hate Lebron to root for the other team? It's the most repeated thing I hear over and over...

Here is my thing - if you are a fan of basketball, not Syracuse basketball or any specific team or player, but actually a fan of the sport, there is no way you cannot enjoy watching LeBron play.

He's doing things that we won't see again for at least a generation.

So, I get "rooting" against him and the team, but when I hear people talk about how the NBA game stinks and then I watch LeBron, I know, for a fact, they don't know anything about basketball.

This is a once in a generation talent. This is a guy who is going to be vying for best player *EVER* by the time he retires. And people can't appreciate his greatness.

People are going to be talking about this series for decades.

I wasn't a Bulls fan, but I still appreciated watching MJ. I wasn't a Lakers fan, but I still appreciated watching Magic. Heck, I hate the Warriors, but I still appreciate Steph as the greatest shooter of all time.

Scoring without traveling is not among them. Seriously. I turned the game on briefly last night, 2nd Q I think, saw him score twice in a minute, traveled both times. So, knowing what that meant, I watched some DVR.

Scoring without traveling is not among them. Seriously. I turned the game on briefly last night, 2nd Q I think, saw him score twice in a minute, traveled both times. So, knowing what that meant, I watched some DVR.

I feel like if that is the takeaway from the last few games then you probably shouldn't watch the games

Kevin Love has never lost a playoff series in his career. People forget that.

Kevin Love hasn't played in a full postseason series since this season.

Here is my thing - if you are a fan of basketball, not Syracuse basketball or any specific team or player, but actually a fan of the sport, there is no way you cannot enjoy watching LeBron play.

So, I get "rooting" against him and the team, but when I hear people talk about how the NBA game stinks and then I watch LeBron, I know, for a fact, they don't know anything about basketball.

This is a once in a generation talent. This is a guy who is going to be vying for best player *EVER* by the time he retires. And people can't appreciate his greatness.

People are going to be talking about this series for decades.

I wasn't a Bulls fan, but I still appreciated watching MJ. I wasn't a Lakers fan, but I still appreciated watching Magic. Heck, I hate the Warriors, but I still appreciate Steph as the greatest shooter of all time.

You just proved my point. People can still appreciate greatness and root against it. All I ever hear, is you aren't rooting for Lebron, you must hate him, you don't appreciate him. No, I just would rather see the other team win.

Because the reasons for "hating"or not liking him and his talent for the large part are not based on his game, his greatness, how he handles himself with class, but any insignificant way-blown-out-of-proportion tweet or facial expression or, his worst moment, the "taking my talents" line I'm sure he'd love to do over.

Cheering for the other game's cool, great, root away. But what I'vest read and heard ad nauseum since he was in high school is not the stuff that comes for pulling for another team. It, for the most part, is petty, lame, venomous.

I'm so done with the GOAT debate. Waste of time and energy. LBJ's in the midst of two of the greatest back-to-back finals performances, people who claim they're basketball fans are maybe misleading themselves into thinking they really are if they can't see and appreciate greatness.

The Cavs may go down in a ridiculously hostile environment Sunday night against a ridiculously talented team, but he has little left to proof. He's one of the top 10 players ever, likely top 5, he's the reason the Cavs are in the finals, are a win away from shocking and aweing.

I realize there are posters on here who think they know him intimately, call him passive-aggressive (that poster likely has never heard the word "projection" used in a psychological sense), but this read by Richard Jefferson is GREAT, an excellent take on who this ridiculously talented young man from the craphole low-income 'hoods of a craphole town really is like.

Who We Are | By Richard Jefferson

If the Warriors lose this series how big of a goat is Dray?

I think, win or lose, we can all pump the brakes on anointing Draymond one of the best players in the league.

I think people will finally acknowledge that Klay is the second best player on the team, the second best shooter in the league and probably the best SG in the NBA.

Draymond, imo, is way overrated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom