NBA Playoffs | Page 67 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Playoffs

Yeeeeeeeeeeeahhhhhhhh not skipping Game of Thrones for game 7

I gotta admit when Steph threw his mouth piece I did expect it to comeback to him like Captain America's shield when he throws it. He hit one of the Cavs partial owners kids. I would have kept that mouthpiece and sold it online.

25k for that is nothing. Kerr atleast got his money worth ripping the refs.

I was more talking about within the Warriors; I think he's better than Klay. At least for the Warriors and the system they play, I think he's better than Klay. I'm also really drawn to versatile players, so maybe I give him too much credit for that, but I think basically the two things that make the Warriors go more than anything else are, in order, 1) Steph's shooting (Klay is a great shooter as well but Steph is not of this world and can force defenses to do things that no one else can) and 2) the ability of Dray to guard 5's so they can play the death lineup.

In the league; like somewhere around 12 or 15, does that seem too high for you? I acknowledge that I think he is on the perfect team for his set of skills and he probably doesn't look as good on a random team.

I can see how Draymond could be considered more valuable than Klay on the Warriors, but I still don't think he's a better player. Personally, I think Klay is more valuable.

But, the more I watch of Klay, the more I appreciate his on-ball defense.

My issue with Draymond is that I think he's a situational player in terms of being exceptional. I don't think you can put him on a Milwaukee or Detroit and see the same things.

My top players (which changes with the wind, so take it for what it's worth right now), with spacing for levels:

Bron

Curry

KD
Kawhi

Russ
Klay
CP3
Ant Davis

Blake
KAT
Harden
Dame
Melo

Would the Timberwolves trade KAT for Draymond? Never. They wouldn't even pick up the phone. Harden? Dame?

Honestly, would you want the Knicks to trade KP for Draymond?

That's my issue. I don't see who would trade for him. Andre Drummond? Sure.

Not a bad list, but I think I take Draymond over Blake at this point...

I can see how Draymond could be considered more valuable than Klay on the Warriors, but I still don't think he's a better player. Personally, I think Klay is more valuable.

My issue with Draymond is that I think he's a situational player in terms of being exceptional. I don't think you can put him on a Milwaukee or Detroit and see the same things.

My top players (which changes with the wind, so take it for what it's worth right now), with spacing for levels:

Bron

Curry

KD
Kawhi

Russ
Klay
CP3
Ant Davis

Blake
KAT
Harden
Dame
Melo

Would the Timberwolves trade KAT for Draymond? Never. They wouldn't even pick up the phone. Harden? Dame?

Paul George/Jimmy Butler/Demar Derozen/John Wall would all go above Melo. I love Melo as an SU guy but he hasn't better than these guys.

Paul George/Jimmy Butler/Demar Derozen/John Wall would all go above Melo. I love Melo as an SU guy but he hasn't better than these guys.

I don't agree with Derozen and Wall, but I can absolutely understand the argument for all four. I'm bullish on George and Butler, especially for defense.

Not a bad list, but I think I take Draymond over Blake at this point...

I don't agree, but I can see because of off court/injuries perhaps?

Blake, to me, is a much more talented player. He also has a level of athleticism that Draymond couldn't reach even if he were on PEDs.

Eh, I still don't like the team the Cavs have. I think they've played over their heads a bit. Really doesn't matter though, it's a one game final. They just have to be better than the Warriors one more time.

If Bron stays, they need to get rid of Love, move Bron to the 4, and get three shooters. Whether that includes Kyrie or not, well, that's up to Bron.

I don't agree, but I can see because of off court/injuries perhaps?

Blake, to me, is a much more talented player. He also has a level of athleticism that Draymond couldn't reach even if he were on PEDs.

Yeah, I know where you are coming from. Blake is more talented for sure and super athletic, but he doesn't offer much defensively and he doesn't rebound much anymore. Maybe that's cause he plays with D. Jordan? His elite skills are scoring and passing. I think Draymond does everything better than Blake, but score.

Blake has regressed. His outside jumper has improved greatly but his defense has been mediocre and he has stopped rebounding.
I do think Blake has more talent than Draymond Green but Green has the Jordan/Bird/Magic killer instinct that makes him better than his talent.

I think there's a lot of truth to the bolded. He's a perfect fit for that team.

And this is another reason I've been a LeBron fan since I first heard about this teenage phenom at the Catholic school around the corner from where I lived in Akron a hundred years ago. As much as I wanted Blatt to succeed, putting Ty Lue in charge mid-season, no head coaching experience, was a stroke of genius. The young head coach was thrown into a tough and stressful spot, I dare say he's done pretty, pretty, pretty good his first five months on the job.

Eh, I still don't like the team the Cavs have. I think they've played over their heads a bit. Really doesn't matter though, it's a one game final. They just have to be better than the Warriors one more time.

Yup - it all comes down to whether James and Irving can be sensational again - and they can hold off a GSW run.

I have to admit, even last game, I kept thinking GSW would eventually shoot their way back into it in a hurry. It never really materialized.

And this is another reason I've been a LeBron fan since I first heard about this teenage phenom at the Catholic school around the corner from where I lived in Akron a hundred years ago. As much as I wanted Blatt to succeed, putting Ty Lue in charge mid-season, no head coaching experience, was a stroke of genius. The young head coach was thrown into a tough and stressful spot, I dare say he's done pretty, pretty, pretty good his first five months on the job.

Lue has definitely done better than I expected so far. I'll definitely admit I was dead wrong on that one. I thought it was a bad move.

Just to up the shenanigans, I'm kinda hoping that Oracle's AC system is broken on Sunday.

If you're Kerr, what adjustments do you make?
A lot depends on Igoudala. You're going to love this but I'd start Ezeli, because I think their small lineup works better when it gets sprung and not when it's what you see at the start. Get Harrison Barnes to meet with a sports psychologist.

A lot depends on Igoudala. You're going to love this but I'd start Ezeli, because I think their small lineup works better when it gets sprung and not when it's what you see at the start. Get Harrison Barnes to meet with a sports psychologist.

The iggy thing is huge. If he can't give them 30-35 minutes guarding Lebron, I think that might make Cleveland the favorite?

I'm interested to see how tight the rotations get. The last game 7 in the finals was 2013; Lebron played 45 minutes, as did Kawhi. Tim Duncan played 43! In 2010, Pierce went 46, Rondo and Ray Allen 45. Kobe was 45, Artest 46.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom