NBA Summer League Discussion Thread | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Summer League Discussion Thread

Yeah Doctor Z, it does make a ton of "sence" to call out someone for spelling a word incorrectly (even though he did not) doesn't it, after you so successfully tackled that tricky beast of a word in quotations above, eh? UConn's higher education at work...

i sentence our hopeless visitor doctor z to 20 minutes one on one with bjorn- he will have his lunch all while raining j's on b- reese. and no need for right now- uconn is already been screwed

Also, calling it now, Fab Melo will be a an all-star in no time (I seriously couldnt type this without cracking up, I cant believe my Celtics wasted a draft pick on this brick).

ROFLMAO at the fact that a fan of Hasheem Thabeet's school (a #2 pick in the draft was is has played for 4 teams in 4 years and plays 10 minutes/game in a good year) would ever call any team's late first-round pick 'a waste'.

A #2 pick in the draft should be a near all-star, at least, by his 4th year. With any late first-round pick, it's at best a 50/50 proposition that the guy ends up as a rotation player (6th-8th man). So, just to see if you're really as dumb as you've sounded thus far in this thread, which player has been more of a 'waste' of a pick, Thabeet or Fab Melo?

So what will happen after the most over-rated coach of all time retires? You are all so quick to say UConn will be irrelevant because its all fans of an inferior program really CAN say, so I don't blame you, its not like you can talk about performance on the court or anything.

Btw, Danny Hamilton says "hi" kid will be a higher draft pick when its all said and done than McCullough. Big pickup for a program that's "done", deep down you all know he's the better prospect, let me hear all your unoriginal, worn out responses.

Hahahhahahahahaahahahahahahah Joke. I will absolutely bet you anything CM goes way higher in the draft than Danny Hamilton... Where did UCONN go in the NCAA's last year? What about the Big East tournament? Ha oh wait...

So anyone actually want to talk about the SU guys in the Summer League before its all over? Just a couple more weeks guys! Tune into NBAtv, it'll be your only chance to catch some prime SU-to-Pro hoops!

Wait, let me get you guys started, ""

You know you have a big ego when you come to a teams fan base board and try to troll when the opposing team made the final four and your team wasn't even in the NCAAs... Brilliant!

Getting away from the bad trolling that Doc Z has provided and back to the main purpose of this thread. Here goes some of the final summer league numbers that our guys put up yesterday.

http://www.nba.com/games/20130719/DENMEM/gameinfo.html
Grizzlies box score. Donte-16 minutes, 16pts, 3rbs, 3-7 3pt, 3-3ft. As OE posted above, after a slow start in his first 2 games, Donte ended up averaging about 16ppg the rest of the way in his last 3 games. I would think that he has generated some interest from teams looking to fill out their roster that need some bench scoring.

http://www.nba.com/games/20130719/SASMIL/gameinfo.html
Bucks. DNich-16 minutes, 10pts, 2ast, 5-9 shooting. This was the only game that I had a chance to watch yesterday and haven't seen DNich till that point in summer league. He struggled defensively early, getting scored on by Hollis Thompson from G-Town out of all people on numerous possessions. Once things settled, he had a solid game the rest of the way. Scored on a few nice drives to the basket and knocked down several jumpers. Not sure if he did enough production wise throughout the whole summer league to earn a camp invite, but hopefully his final performance left a good impression on scouts to generate some interest.

http://www.nba.com/games/20130719/DALCHI/gameinfo.html
Bulls. Rautins-29 minutes, 1pt, 4rbds, 2ast, 0-5 3pt. Andy played about 30 minutes in his last 2 games but unfortunately didn't do much offensively with those minutes. I hope he gets a shot somewhere in the Association, but it seems like he'll have to continue paying his dues in the D-league or overseas before getting that shot again.

ROFLMAO at the fact that a fan of Hasheem Thabeet's school (a #2 pick in the draft was is has played for 4 teams in 4 years and plays 10 minutes/game in a good year) would ever call any team's late first-round pick 'a waste

A #2 pick in the draft should be a near all-star, at least, by his 4th year. With any late first-round pick, it's at best a 50/50 proposition that the guy ends up as a rotation player (6th-8th man). So, just to see if you're really as dumb as you've sounded thus far in this thread, which player has been more of a 'waste' of a pick, Thabeet or Fab Melo?

Players like Wes Johnson and Flynn make up/offset your Thabeet argument. In fact the point that you guys are so stubborn as to actually have convinced yourselves that SU can stack up with UConn's pros, then go so far as to write me paragraphs of nonsense saying things like "Donte Green is good too hurr hurr" really shows how none of you know real basketball. Your all delusional and have been watching Boeheim's laughingstock zone d way to long.

Players like Wes Johnson and Flynn make up/offset your Thabeet argument. In fact the point that you guys are so stubborn as to actually have convinced yourselves that SU can stack up with UConn's pros, then go so far as to write me paragraphs of nonsense saying things like "Donte Green is good too hurr hurr" really shows how none of you know real basketball. Your all delusional and have been watching Boeheim's laughingstock zone d way to long.

CTO, remind me again why we should feel any sympathy for these douchebags?

As stated above, it is great that uconn got left out of big boy conference expansion, and will be fun to watch their rapid decline over the next few years. Couldn't happen to a more deserving fanbase.

So anyone actually want to talk about the SU guys in the Summer League before its all over? Just a couple more weeks guys! Tune into NBAtv, it'll be your only chance to catch some prime SU-to-Pro hoops!

Wait, let me get you guys started, ""
Summer League Ball------------------->UConn vs SMU, UConn vs Houston, UConn vs UCF:rolling:

SU's current best NBA player Carmelo Anthony. UConn's current best NBA player Rudy Gay:rolleyes: , who mind you was shipped off a team mid-season that made the western conference finals without him hmmmm. You want to brag about pros when only Kemba and Gay are the only legit starters from UConn in the league currently and both play for losing teams. I think any GM in the league would gladly take Melo by himself over the 10 stiffs or so that you guys have in the league. Step your troll game up homeboy because you're looking more silly than Andre Drummond shooting free throws.
YouMad.jpg

Your all delusional and have been watching Boeheim's laughingstock zone d way to long.

No, "your" delusional if you think your trolling on a Syracuse Orange forum will compensate for the fact that your school will be relegated to oblivion.
F Conn, let me introduce you to Colgate...

Dontes numbers are ok, but his efficiency leaves a lot to be desired.

success in the nba is a complicated matter- do one thing really good and you can make a name for yourself- do everything pretty good and you could still end up in the nbdl or overseas.

I will take a team of

MCW
Dion
Kris Jo
Melo
Arinze

Wes
Andy
Hak
Jonny
Donte G
Ricky J
Fab
DNic

over

kemba
ray allen
Caron butler
villaneuva
Drummond

rip hamilton
omeka
hasheem thabeet
aj price
jeremy lamb
hilton armstrong.

all day every day.

you can add lamb to thabeet in the category you place jonny and wes.

Regardless of what this troll says and how annoying he is, UConn has had good success in the NBA. Orangezoo I really enjoy you as a poster, but c'mon man. Yeah we have Melo; Dion looks like he's going to be really good, but other than that we haven't done a whole lot in the NBA (although I've posted a lot about how I think it's unfair to criticize JB or Syracuse for not developing NBA talent). Ray Allen has been a really, really good player (Hall of Famer) for over a decade; Butler had several good years; Okafor hasn't really validated his draft position, but he's good for a double double every year; Kemba and Drummond are up and comers, Drummond especially looks like he's gonna be a stud. Rip and Gordon were productive; even Villanueva had a few solid years. You really trying to compare Kris Joseph and Onuaku to those guys? Wes looks like he will figure it out and AO looks like he'll get a shot soon. But I'd say the ship as sailed on guys like Flynn, KrisJo, Rautins and Rick.

When it's all said and done, Melo will probably the best NBA player from either school, but as of now UConn on the whole has had much more success and it's not even debatable.

Also based on Orangezoo's post (Okafor starts over Villanueva), I think UConn wins.

None of this changes the fact that we're in the ACC and they're in the AAC though.

Anyone know why Dion isn't playing against the Heat?

This is fantastic, instead of disputing my "troll" claims you all attack whether I am a Doctor or not.

Hey GABJON, when trying to sound smart, remember how to spell "our" not "are" you moron.

And you guys want me to name my favorite player from the years when I was 6, wow that REALLY hit me in the soft spot, why don't you all remind me who your favorite players are from those "dominant" Helms Cup runs. Only a shallow and bitter fanbase would even "proudly" display those committee selected "cups" on their fan board, really padding those stats huh guys. Wanna know what's really funny, you guys can win another championships, and STILL be inferior, maybe you guys should start another "" circlejerk with all your bitter jealous buddies. Enjoy.

Uh, excuse me for a moment, but who is the one who sounds bitter here? I have respect for the accomplishments of the UConn basketball program and the fact that they have been a top program for the past 2 decades is undeniable. However, one does have to wonder about the motives of a UConn fan who comes trolling here spewing vitriolic and vituperative posts. What would motivate someone to appear here with the sole purpose of inflaming and inciting conflict?

Perhaps you are just a mean spirited person who is unhappy with yourself and/or your accomplishments and don your UConn Fan identity so as to project yourself as being superior and having accomplished great things. It's a great way to momentarily distract yourself from your self loathing and vicariously feel empowered by being Husky superfan, defender of all which is right, mighty, and superior.

Or maybe you're just pissed off that the team that you've latched onto for the aforementioned reasons is about to go off the grid and be caught standing while all the other major programs have found a nice new spot in the conference realignment episode. You might be furious that all the empowerment and entitlement you've found so exhilarating since 1990 something is slipping from your grasp as you watch your beloved Huskies fade into the same obscurity and non relevance that you rose out of during the days of the Yankee Conference and Dee Rowe as your coach.

We feel for you brother. It sucks when the music suddenly stops and you look around and all the other kids with the funny birthday hats on are sitting in the chairs and you're still standing up with your Uconn hat on backwards and your pom poms have chocolate icing on them. It's really a shame. Such a proud program and now no more Big East and up until just a few months ago you didn't even know what teams would be in your conference this coming year, much less what it would even be called.

So look, Doctor Z, we all know it must really suck going through all that you are with your program, being barred from post season play, coach Calhoun retiring, getting passed over by the ACC and the other major conferences, but you aren't doing yourself or your program any favors by coming here and acting like a 6 year old. You embarrass your beloved program by coming here and being so nasty. We all wish you the best of luck in the AAC and hope your road trips to Texas are fun.

So what will happen after the most over-rated coach of all time retires? You are all so quick to say UConn will be irrelevant because its all fans of an inferior program really CAN say, so I don't blame you, its not like you can talk about performance on the court or anything.

Btw, Danny Hamilton says "hi" kid will be a higher draft pick when its all said and done than McCullough. Big pickup for a program that's "done", deep down you all know he's the better prospect, let me hear all your unoriginal, worn out responses.

The fact you came on here to troll shows you know your program is on its deathbed. You want to come on here and get your jabs in before your program becomes a skeleton of what was a fun 2 decades. We're a program that has been successful for a long time and will continue to be a top program well into the future. Lol on trying to spin it like you're glad you're in whatever JV conference you're in and how it's a guarantee tournament birth. Whatever helps stop the tears at night while you rewatch your highlight videos of your programs 15 year stretch of basketball relevance. I'm not even bothered about your postings. It's like a wounded Huskie yelping out one last pitiful roar before it dies. So goodluck in your tough conference rivalry games against SMU, Central Florida, and whoever else is there. Sorry I honestly don't know who is in your league kinda like I never take the time to learn who's in the MAAC or SWAC conferences. If it helps atleast it's not too far of a drive to MSG or even Boston College to watch big time programs play while you reminisce on your blip of relevancy on the college basketball history books. Although I do have to say it is funny that your last two years of mattering as a program you were a huge disappointment of underachieving talent losing in the first round, and then couldn't play in the postseason because your program was academically incompetent.

I read that Donte is actually on the books with Memphis for another year with a non-guaranteed contract of 1 mill. Memphis doesn't have great depth, so I think he'll have a chance to stick around with them.

Hopefully he gave his minutes to Scoop?

Scoop did get some minutes but when I was watching he wasn't very aggressive - another guard dominated the ball and didn't do very well at it, tuning it over when Scoop was out there. Scoop didn't turn it over (2 fouls though) , looked to distribute but once passed the ball it wasn't coming back. Got fouled on a drive and missed a jumper. Again I only watched about 10 minutes.

Scoop did get some minutes but when I was watching he wasn't very aggressive - another guard dominated the ball and didn't do very well at it, tuning it over when Scoop was out there. Scoop didn't turn it over (2 fouls though) , looked to distribute but once passed the ball it wasn't coming back. Got fouled on a drive and missed a jumper. Again I only watched about 10 minutes.
Sucks that Scoop joined the team late and only got to play one game. He needed at least a few games to get adjusted to things since he was coming off an injury. Hopefully he does well in the D-league or overseas to generate some interest in the future.

Orangezoot: 695195 said:
success in the nba is a complicated matter- do one thing really good and you can make a name for yourself- do everything pretty good and you could still end up in the nbdl or overseas.

I will take a team of

MCW
Dion
Kris Jo
Melo
Arinze

Wes
Andy
Hak
Jonny
Donte G
Ricky J
Fab
DNic

over

kemba
ray allen
Caron butler
villaneuva
Drummond

rip hamilton
omeka
hasheem thabeet
aj price
jeremy lamb
hilton armstrong.

all day every day.

you can add lamb to thabeet in the category you place jonny and wes.

That really says alot about the whole "delusional" part...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom