NBA Summer League Discussion Thread | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Summer League Discussion Thread

Flynn topped out when he teabagged Rosario. Down hill slide from there, the only blip being the 6 OT game.
Disagree big time. Jonny had a very solid rookie season with the T-Wolves playing with garbage talent and a complicated offensive system. Post hip surgery, yes I couldn't argue with anybody saying that it's been downhill from there. I'll always root for him to do well wherever he ends up at or whatever he chooses to do if b-ball doesn't work out.

A few of our guys had their best games today stat wise judging from the box score.

http://www.nba.com/games/20130716/PHXMEM/gameinfo.html
Suns/Grizzlies. AO-19 minutes, 13pts, 12rbs. Donte-30 minutes, 18pts, 6rbs, 3-5 3pt.

http://www.nba.com/games/20130716/CHIPOR/gameinfo.html
Bulls. Andy-33 minutes, 10pts, 3rbs, 2stls, 2-7 3pt.

http://www.nba.com/games/20130716/GSWMIL/gameinfo.html
Warriors/Bucks. Southerland-13 minutes, 6pts, 1board, 1blk. DNich-16 minutes, 4pts, 1board, 2blks.

Out of the non-contract guys, AO has been the most productive and should earn himself an opportunity to make a NBA team this fall.

AO needs to get a contract- he deserves one and could be a valuable backup big man
He shows that he can bang and rebound! I agree that he should be in the league! He has the rebounding instinct which is hard to teach!

Disagree big time. Jonny had a very solid rookie season with the T-Wolves playing with garbage talent and a complicated offensive system. Post hip surgery, yes I couldn't argue with anybody saying that it's been downhill from there. I'll always root for him to do well wherever he ends up at or whatever he chooses to do if b-ball doesn't work out.

francis, would you explain to me the specifics of the hip injury, such as what the diagnosis was, what his treatment was, and when this all occurred? i agree that his rookie year was promising. clearly, the injury was serious. at this point, when you aren't even getting run in summer league, and its been some time since the injury, i just cant see him ever making it back, but hope i am wrong.

francis, would you explain to me the specifics of the hip injury, such as what the diagnosis was, what his treatment was, and when this all occurred? i agree that his rookie year was promising. clearly, the injury was serious. at this point, when you aren't even getting run in summer league, and its been some time since the injury, i just cant see him ever making it back, but hope i am wrong.
I'm not a doctor so I can't really say all of the specifics of his injury or the whole process that he went through. I do know when you're 5'11 and heavily relied on speed n athleticism that a messed up hip is going to make you a shell of yourself. David Kahn said in his exit interview when he was fired, that Flynn's injury was more severe than originally thought and even after surgery Flynn didn't disclose to their doctors the setbacks that he was having. So it seems to me that he rushed himself back and never fully got the proper treatment to fully heal from the surgery which ended up making things worse for him.

When it comes to summer league, he was pretty much screwed once the Pacers signed Donald Sloan to a multi-year deal before play started. He wasn't great but wasn't bad either whenever he got some burn and I figured that he would've had a much better opportunity to show out with the Clippers. Dunno what happened there because he never played for them and I didn't even see him on their bench when I was checking for him in the Clippers last game on Monday. I think he has to just keep paying dues overseas or in the d-league and hopefully he'll find himself back in the Association one day. Arinze is the perfect example of fighting off injuries and just working hard to find your way back. Hopefully Flynn will have the same story eventually.

Out of the non-contract guys, AO has been the most productive and should earn himself an opportunity to make a NBA team this fall.

Arinze's per-36 minute stats are insane - 16 points and 19 boards on 69% shooting!

the only thing that concerns me is that his minutes are so limited. seems to me that if the Suns were truly interested, they would try to feed him more minutes and test his stamina.

http://www.nba.com/games/20130717/MEMWAS/gameinfo.html
Another solid game for Donte with 16pts and 4rbs. I was down on his performances early on, but then I remember that he had hardly played any competitive b-ball over the past year due to the injuries and never suiting up for the Grizzlies when he was signed at the end of the season. He probably needed a few games to get his legs back and become adjusted to things again, and now seems to have gotten it together over the last few games. Hopefully he keeps it up and starts to generate interest from several teams that need some bench scoring.

Several of our guys had good performances today.

http://www.nba.com/games/20130718/SASCLE/gameinfo.html
Cavs box score. Dion gets busy today putting up a game high 27pts, 12-23 shooting, and 6 boards. He scored in a variety of ways knocking down jumpers, drives to lane, and busting out his famous spin move on two defenders th_shaqoohhh.png . Scoop was shown on the bench but didn't play.

http://www.nba.com/games/20130718/MEMCHA/gameinfo.html
Grizzlies/Bobcats. Donte-15pts, 6ast, 2rbs and Triche-12 minutes, 6pts, 4ast, 2rbs.

http://www.nba.com/games/20130718/PORPHX/gameinfo.html
Suns. AO-17 minutes, 6pts, 8rbs, 2blks.

DNich only played 4 minutes for the Bucks today and despite starting in most of their games, he just hasn't put up much production to generate any NBA interest unfortunately imo.

Ahhh the NBA Summer League, the only chance Syracuse fans have at watching their favorite players play professional basketball... NBA-U says hi (inb4 acc didnt want you hurr hurr hurr, SU fans sure aren't known for their original comebacks).

You beat me to it. I iggied the imbecile. Or 5 year old. Or 32 year old who lives with mommy.
Cough cough. Carmelo Anthony. Cough cough. 2003 National Champion.
Cough.
:)

Yup, nothing like the good old, "one member list" when trying to prove someone wrong. Melo is a great scorer without a doubt, but he will never be a champion, everyone knows that, also he would be essentially the same player had he foregone his 7 months at SU, god knows that famous "Boeheim talent development" was really crucial to his game.

Hey, mommy needs a pack of Newports.
And you're just the internet tough guy to do it.
100s. Go get em, big boy!

Hey, mommy needs a pack of Newports.
And you're just the internet tough guy to do it.
100s. Go get em, big boy!

What does this even mean, do you honestly think this is funny or that it hurts my feelings haha. Please refer to the last point in my original post about SU fans and comebacks...

Please refer here: http://collegespun.com/big-east/syr...ni-made-the-most-money-in-the-nba-this-year/2
The real shame being that without Carmelo making up almost 70% of SU Alum's entire income, you guys wouldnt even be on the list. UConn almost tied at #1 with Duke with 5 less players!

What does this even mean, do you honestly think this is funny or that it hurts my feelings haha. Please refer to the last point in my original post about SU fans and comebacks...

Please refer here: http://collegespun.com/big-east/syr...ni-made-the-most-money-in-the-nba-this-year/2
The real shame being that without Carmelo making up almost 70% of SU Alum's entire income, you guys wouldnt even be on the list. UConn almost tied at #1 with Duke with 5 less players!
Are you really a Doctor?

Yup, nothing like the good old, "one member list" when trying to prove someone wrong. Melo is a great scorer without a doubt, but he will never be a champion, everyone knows that, also he would be essentially the same player had he foregone his 7 months at SU, god knows that famous "Boeheim talent development" was really crucial to his game.

I understand- it has to really suck when you are forced to revert to trolling after you see the conference schedule for next year. Looking forward to seeing Uconn battle it out in bracket busters this year or wait.. they discontinued that? Hope you have espn fullcourt..

Are you really a Doctor?

Believe it or not UConn has a very good Medical and Dental School, so your "APR/shitty academics" jokes wont phase me...

Also, calling it now, Fab Melo will be a an all-star in no time (I seriously couldnt type this without cracking up, I cant believe my Celtics wasted a draft pick on this brick).

I understand- it has to really suck when you are forced to revert to trolling after you see the conference schedule for next year. Looking forward to seeing Uconn battle it out in bracket busters this year or wait.. they discontinued that? Hope you have espn fullcourt..
Rather be at the top of the AAC and basically handed a tourney invite year to year than be a nobody in the ACC. Then again you guys have always been about the regular season so it makes sence that you would attack our regular season scheduling. UConn comes alive in the post season while SU goes to sleep, must be nice to always be 25-X in the regular season (if you like losing in the sweet 16 year in and year out).

name your favorite uconn player pre 1990

Rather be at the top of the AAC and basically handed a tourney invite year to year than be a nobody in the ACC. Then again you guys have always been about the regular season so it makes sence that you would attack our regular season scheduling. UConn comes alive in the post season while SU goes to sleep, must be nice to always be 25-X in the regular season (if you like losing in the sweet 16 year in and year out).

lol just stop- where is bjorn when you need him? have you been consulted by rutgersal?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom