NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 102 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Eh, asterisks can be interpreted different ways. People often interpret it as devaluing, but it can just make note of difference.
I’m all for an asterisk if the Lakers win, and no asterisk when they lose.

CuseFaninVT and Trueblue25 who do you think the most important player for the Celtics this postseason run?

I think it’s Jaylen Brown.
Tatum is going to be the primary scorer.
Gordon Hayward will be the playmaker and second unit bridge guy.
Kenna will be the second scorer.

I think Brown is the guy that determines how far they go.
The 76ers without Simmons are now a littler easier. They can throw a lot of bodies at Embiid.

Jaylen Brown should be an all star next year with how well he has played this bubble games.

CuseFaninVT and Trueblue25 who do you think the most important player for the Celtics this postseason run?

I think it’s Jaylen Brown.
Tatum is going to be the primary scorer.
Gordon Hayward will be the playmaker and second unit bridge guy.
Kenna will be the second scorer.

I think Brown is the guy that determines how far they go.
The 76ers without Simmons are now a littler easier. They can throw a lot of bodies at Embiid.

Jaylen Brown should be an all star next year with how well he has played this bubble games.
Tatum is the centerpiece obviously, but if Brown can continue to hit threes, he's a difference maker. I almost don't expect much from Kemba at this point.

I really like the way Hayward has been playing as well. He's so steady out there.

By the way, watching the games on the Boston channel is so much better than watching ESPN or TNT.

Tatum is the centerpiece obviously, but if Brown can continue to hit threes, he's a difference maker. I almost don't expect much from Kemba at this point.

I really like the way Hayward has been playing as well. He's so steady out there.

By the way, watching the games on the Boston channel is so much better than watching ESPN or TNT.
I like Gorman but can’t stand Scalabrene. He says us and we during the game and I hate that.
He isn’t part of the team.
Gorman is about as good as it gets for a local PBP.
I miss Tommy Heinsohn yelling at the refs.

I wish the Celtics used Cedric Maxwell on TV over Scal.

I like Gorman but can’t stand Scalabrene. He says us and we during the game and I hate that.
He isn’t part of the team.
Gorman is about as good as it gets for a local PBP.
I miss Tommy Heinsohn yelling at the refs.

I wish the Celtics used Cedric Maxwell on TV over Scal.

I love Scal, especially when you compare him to the radio Pats cohort Zolak. I hear you though.

He was awesome yesterday talking about watching golf in order to get a really good nap.

Gotta say I am enjoying the public bashing California Bill Simmons is taking on Twitter for his Luka comments.

Gotta say I am enjoying the public bashing California Bill Simmons is taking on Twitter for his Luka comments.
What did he say about Doncic?

He said Luka assists are like Larry Bird assists. Unlike James Harden’s assists which are typically passes into iso scores.

It was a typically lazy California Bill take.

But don’t worry he will just use Mallory Rubin and Mina Kimes in a rewatchables podcast to cover for his stupidity.

It’s not open mic night at the Ringer anymore.

Based on what I'm seeing on Twitter, it sounds like he basically said Luka's passing is good. Harden's passing is fake.

I haven't heard the actual podcast since I haven't really listened to pods during the pandemic, so I don't know if there's more context to it than that. If that's truly his take then it's a really bad one.

Denver absolutely stole Porter in the draft. Kid will be elite soon.
If he stays healthy his offensive game is Kevin Durant 2.0.

Such a steal and gamble.
Knicks took Kevin Knox over gambling on Porter.
Charlotte Hornets took Bridges from Michigan State.

Such dumb picks.

Of course my Celtics took Kelly Olynuk over Giannis though.

Young talent in the Nba is ridiculous. The nba season is long and it’s easy to just go through the motions during games but this bubble has been great for the league. These playoffs will be insanely good.

He said Luka assists are like Larry Bird assists. Unlike James Harden’s assists which are typically passes into iso scores.

It was a typically lazy California Bill take.

But don’t worry he will just use Mallory Rubin and Mina Kimes in a rewatchables podcast to cover for his stupidity.

It’s not open mic night at the Ringer anymore.
Based on what I'm seeing on Twitter, it sounds like he basically said Luka's passing is good. Harden's passing is fake.

I haven't heard the actual podcast since I haven't really listened to pods during the pandemic, so I don't know if there's more context to it than that. If that's truly his take then it's a really bad one.
I mean, considering that I feel Harden's game is an affront to James Naismith, I'm not gonna give the Sports Guy any grief over that.

Shams reporting that the guys the Nets are currently considering for their next head coach are:
  • Jacque Vaughn
  • Jason Kidd
  • Ime Udoka
  • Ty Lue
  • Jeff Van Gundy
And they'll likely add more to the list as other people get fired.

Shams reporting that the guys the Nets are currently considering for their next head coach are:
  • Jacque Vaughn
  • Jason Kidd
  • Ime Udoka
  • Ty Lue
  • Jeff Van Gundy
And they'll likely add more to the list as other people get fired.
I'll never understand the fascination with Lue.

I'll never understand the fascination with Lue.
Half the job for an NBA Coach is to be liked and motivate their players.
Lue is good at relating to players and making them comfortable.
When one of your stars is Kyrie Irving that is probably the number one thing you are looking for.
A coach he actually likes.

Kyle Kuzma called game!!!

Great shot, but I'm going to need a ruling here. Someone explain how that wasn't a travel. Caught the ball, takes one step, doesn't dribble, then lands with both feet to rise up and shoot. That's three steps, isn't it?

Great shot, but I'm going to need a ruling here. Someone explain how that wasn't a travel. Caught the ball, takes one step, doesn't dribble, then lands with both feet to rise up and shoot. That's three steps, isn't it?

In slow motion I thought the same thing. In real time I didn’t notice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom