NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 104 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Im so mad they can’t get a higher seed and play someone else. I love Dame and obviously Melo.

Portland would be a handful for the Clips, probably 50/50 with Houston and Denver, and probably beat Utah/OKC/Dallas. 1 seed is meaningless. We’re playing a top 5 team in the West, without our two best true guards.
Why would they be a handful for the Clippers? They couldn’t even hold off the end of the Clips’ bench.

Why would they be a handful for the Clippers? They couldn’t even hold off the end of the Clips’ bench.

Because they’ve got the best backcourt in the league, 3 pretty good and reasonably athletic bigs, and Melo is no slouch. Portland was in the WCF last year. They aren’t the typical first round fodder for a finals contender team, IMO.

Because they’ve got the best backcourt in the league, 3 pretty good and reasonably athletic bigs, and Melo is no slouch. Portland was in the WCF last year. They aren’t the typical first round fodder for a finals contender team, IMO.
They don’t play defense and the Clips’ defense is tailor-made for stopping the Blazers’ offense. Portland and Dallas aren’t all that different.

Dame is out of his mind right now

That said, I kinda think the Clippers or Lakers would roll them. Their defense is...not good.
Yeah, I don’t think the Blazers have the depth to take out the Lakers. Trent’s starting to cool off.

Giannis is so unlikeable. Normally I would root for a team like the Bucks to win it all, but I can’t with his schtick.
I have turned completely on the guy.

He might annoy me more than James Harden.

The NBA has a dilemma if they suspend him one game though.

Memphis is playing Milwaukee.
San Antonio, Phoenix, Portland to a lesser degree are watching that Memphis-Milwaukee game as it will determine if Memphis gets in the play in.

If Bucks weren’t even going to play Giannis then the league can suspend him so that in the future they can ding him more if he does that stupid chit again.

If he would play even half the game the NBA owes those other teams a more competitive game.

Should be interesting.

I suspend Giannis one game.

Jaylen Brown or Marcus Smart. We need disruptors and guys that can capture the flow/momentum of the game. It helped us past the Bucks and John Wall’s Wizards of the past.

Not sure Tatum or Gordon have that killer instinct yet. Obviously Brown and Marcus aren’t the same scoring talents.

I will never ever discount postseason Kemba though, and yes Im basing that on college but the man’s a killer.
Tatum has it. Man this team is fun to watch.

Tatum has it. Man this team is fun to watch.
If Robert Williams can be a solid backup big then Theis/Williams can be the front court playoff rotation and Enes Kanter’s awful defense hits the bench and they have 12 fouls in the middle.

The Tatum/Brown/Heyward/Kemba and Theis/Williams offensive closing lineup is deadly.

Then Marcus Smart can replace Kemba for defense on offense/defense subs in late game situations.

Celtics lack of depth hurts them in the regular season but in the postseason shorter rotations to 8-9 are perfect.

Losing Kyrie really allowed Tatum and Brown to shine.

I have turned completely on the guy.

He might annoy me more than James Harden.

The NBA has a dilemma if they suspend him one game though.

Memphis is playing Milwaukee.
San Antonio, Phoenix, Portland to a lesser degree are watching that Memphis-Milwaukee game as it will determine if Memphis gets in the play in.

If Bucks weren’t even going to play Giannis then the league can suspend him so that in the future they can ding him more if he does that stupid chit again.

If he would play even half the game the NBA owes those other teams a more competitive game.

Should be interesting.

I suspend Giannis one game.

He’s gotta be suspended a game. The precedent has already been set. It would be a joke if they don’t.

It’s ironic he lost his cool in probably the one game the refs were actually calling all the fouls. They messed up the one immediately before the headbutt but still...seems like he must have been frustrated from previous games and then I guess Wagner just got under his skin. He said after the game that he just got mad at guys diving at his legs, tripping him, etc. and lost his cool for a moment. Haven’t seen him lose his composure that badly like that in a long time. Hopefully it’s out of his system because teams will be doing the same thing throughout the playoffs too.

Last edited:
If Robert Williams can be a solid backup big then Theis/Williams can be the front court playoff rotation and Enes Kanter’s awful defense hits the bench and they have 12 fouls in the middle.

The Tatum/Brown/Heyward/Kemba and Theis/Williams offensive closing lineup is deadly.

Then Marcus Smart can replace Kemba for defense on offense/defense subs in late game situations.

Celtics lack of depth hurts them in the regular season but in the postseason shorter rotations to 8-9 are perfect.

Losing Kyrie really allowed Tatum and Brown to shine.
I tried to warn you about Kanter.

Really really really want a celtics philly matchup in the playoffs. Obviously we don’t match up ideally but these two teams will go at each other’s necks.

Really really really want a celtics philly matchup in the playoffs. Obviously we don’t match up ideally but these two teams will go at each other’s necks.
Healthy Philly I favor them over Boston.
No Simmons and Embiid beat up the Celtics should beat them on a neutral court best of 7.

Thybulle is a good defender but he can't guard both Tatum and Brown.
Shake Milton vs. Kemba advantage C's.
I think Harris and Heyward cancel each other out.
Horford doesn't really scare me. He is too passive.

Embiid and Simmons would have been the mismatches. Just Embiid I think Boston wins this one.
Toronto is the matchup I don't want.

The Celtics after that Bucks game where they played like pure dogchit to start and were behind practically 8-12 points for 3 quarters want some of Milwaukee on a neutral court series. Of course if Giannis is going to get 8 fouls per game then I am not sure they can beat them.

Healthy Philly I favor them over Boston.
No Simmons and Embiid beat up the Celtics should beat them on a neutral court best of 7.

Thybulle is a good defender but he can't guard both Tatum and Brown.
Shake Milton vs. Kemba advantage C's.
I think Harris and Heyward cancel each other out.
Horford doesn't really scare me. He is too passive.

Embiid and Simmons would have been the mismatches. Just Embiid I think Boston wins this one.
Toronto is the matchup I don't want.

The Celtics after that Bucks game where they played like pure dogchit to start and were behind practically 8-12 points for 3 quarters want some of Milwaukee on a neutral court series. Of course if Giannis is going to get 8 fouls per game then I am not sure they can beat them.

I think a meeting of these two teams in the second round is 95%+ at this point. Brooklyn has played well in the bubble but they are not beating Toronto. Philly is hurt, and Boston should handle them with limited issues -- and they are very good as well.

The Celtics have given Toronto two of its largest beatings this year (Christmas Day and last week)... and those bad games seem to linger in my memory and certainly cause concern. It could be a very good series and with Milwaukee showing a little more vulnerability right now (but still the favourites), the stakes will be high for the first Celts-Raptors series ever.

Ramona Shelburne should not be allowed to vote on any NBA award ever again.
This is the crap I can't stand.
"narrative based voter" Adios

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom