NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 101 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Glad Dallas won as again we have refs using to use the replay to keep Giannis in games he should foul out of.

Giannis has the reverse Jordan Rules.

Glad Dallas won as again we have refs using to use the replay to keep Giannis in games he should foul out of.

Giannis has the reverse Jordan Rules.
Which example of replay are you referring to? The play the Bucks challenged where Middleton clearly fouled the guy? Or the one where they used replay to correctly give Giannis the offensive foul after they originally got it wrong?

And defenses’ strategy against Giannis is pretty much exactly the Jordan Rules lol. Try to mix up where help defense is coming from to throw off his reads and just wear him down by fouling him.

Last edited:
I still think Luka was maybe the most obvious #1 pick since Lebron. I’ll never understand what happened in that draft.
I can understand why the Suns felt like Ayton was their guy. They needed a big, he was local, the hype was there, etc. I still think Doncic was the top guy, but there was context to the way Phoenix was looking at it that makes sense if you squint.

Giannis is now into my James Harden group as one of my least favorite players to watch. I can’t get down with bulldozer ball.
Giannis gets reffed differently.
LeBron didn’t get the whistles Giannis gets.
It’s why when he gets kicked in the nuts like he did last night I say too bad.

Giannis is the alpha version of Josh Smith till he gets a jumper.
Smith wasn’t as disciplined as Giannis but both were freak athletes and scored without being able to shoot.

Giannis shoots better than Smith though.

I can understand why the Suns felt like Ayton was their guy. They needed a big, he was local, the hype was there, etc. I still think Doncic was the top guy, but there was context to the way Phoenix was looking at it that makes sense if you squint.

I get that to an extent, but also at the time, their head coach was the coach of the Slovenian national team! You'd think he more than anyone would know what they had with Luka.

I still think Luka was maybe the most obvious #1 pick since Lebron. I’ll never understand what happened in that draft.

I think him being foreign (and I guess white?) had something to do with it. You had the takes that he didn't have the level of athleticism needed (read: is white) to be an NBA star.

I get that to an extent, but also at the time, their head coach was the coach of the Slovenian national team! You'd think he more than anyone would know what they had with Luka.

I think him being foreign (and I guess white?) had something to do with it. You had the takes that he didn't have the level of athleticism needed (read: is white) to be an NBA star.
Lacks athleticism is sports code for white.

Yeah, when they hired the coach it seemed to telegraph what their draft choice would be.

But nah.

Hoping that Embiid is okay that knee injury didn’t look too bad.
He is probably done for this game and should help Portland get a must needed W.

Honestly kind of shocking how high the level of play in the bubble has been.

I wonder how much taking travel (no jokes about how they never call traveling in the nba guys) out of the picture helps the quality of play. I think it has to be part of the reason

I wonder how much taking travel (no jokes about how they never call traveling in the nba guys) out of the picture helps the quality of play. I think it has to be part of the reason
No families or other personal distractions has to help keep the mind straight as well.

Between the layoff and not getting on planes these guys are definitely way more fresh.

There's probably a mental relief too. Can't feel good losing a game and knowing you're boarding a flight through the night.

Yeah it's ridiculous how good Luka is going to be for at least the next 10 years. He's going to be a perennial MVP candidate each year, along with Giannis, for the next 5 years at least imo. That's not even exaggeration. Already mentioned above but I watched that game against the Bucks and he does things on the court with such ease it's like it's just a natural instinct. Incredible talent.

I think the Hawks and the Mavs both got great players in that draft (they traded with each other), but as good as I think Trae Young is, and I am a big fan and think he's going to be a perennial all star (he averaged 30 and 9!!) , Luka is just another level. To be blunt- a LeBron type talent. Cannot think of another to be honest. Kid is 21 years old. Giannis is elite and still has his prime left which is scary, but he was not doing this at age 21.

I feel like some people are going to say that whoever wins this NBA title has an asterisk next to it and it isn't worth as much as a normal season, and I just think that's BS.

I know there have been some takes out there like that; I feel like the level of play has been so high in the bubble that we will see less and less of that as the playoffs move forward

I feel like some people are going to say that whoever wins this NBA title has an asterisk next to it and it isn't worth as much as a normal season, and I just think that's BS.

I don't think it deserves an asterisk, but I also think it's fine to consider that the long hiatus may have disrupted the way this season would have gone. Obviously we'll never truly know though; it'll simply be a what-if.

I know there have been some takes out there like that; I feel like the level of play has been so high in the bubble that we will see less and less of that as the playoffs move forward
Eh, asterisks can be interpreted different ways. People often interpret it as devaluing, but it can just make note of difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom