NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 124 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

So. I think the Lakers are in some trouble here.

And while there was a much better effort for longer stretches by the Blazers D, their offense struggled for a couple of long stretches. LA needs offense from their guards. Dion should get run the rest of the series.

I'm so sick of this . This is not our defensive system. This is just a team that has either forgotten how to play basketball or in the very least forgotten how to play together. Four of our five players collapsed on DJ Augustine to try to prevent a terrible finisher from attempting a layup he had zero hope of making and this is happening consistently against every team we play right now.

1597841639046.png

I’m kinda irritated that everyone just decided Danny Green was better than Carmelo a couple years ago.

Id rather have Melo.
Yeah that comparison was always nuts to me too. Though I do wish Melo had taken conditioning more seriously in his prime. the new Melo fitness on young legs would have been a handful.

Seeing the Lakers lose takes a little bit of the sting out of my Bucks depression. Though at least LA was competitive and they’re playing a not horrendous team.

I figured if portland was going to win a game or two, they'd be early...they've been in playoff mode since the bubble began and the laker's haven't had any stakes.

that advantage will soon shift as Portland has had to go all out for quite a while now and the Laker's haven't. as the series goes along, I'd expect Portland to wear down...and alot of those threes from Lillard, McCollom, and Trent, will start to front rim.

I'm so sick of this . This is not our defensive system. This is just a team that has either forgotten how to play basketball or in the very least forgotten how to play together. Four of our five players collapsed on DJ Augustine to try to prevent a terrible finisher from attempting a layup he had zero hope of making and this is happening consistently against every team we play right now.

View attachment 186371

your coach must have some issues. why not just put Giannis on big V since nobody else could handle him? im sure theyll adjust game two..but why wait till game 2 when the answer was quite obvious game 1?

I saw one of those at Costco today. Debated for a little how much trouble I would get in with the Mrs. if I dropped 3 hundo for one.

i have NBA jams and the 40th anniverary pac man (which includes galaga)...
they are a bargain if you ask me...full arcade experience at fraction of the cost...they play exactly like the original programming.

your coach must have some issues. why not just put Giannis on big V since nobody else could handle him? im sure theyll adjust game two..but why wait till game 2 when the answer was quite obvious game 1?

Brook is probably a better match for Vucevic than Giannis, but he had a horrible game. Not to mention there isn't really anyone else for him to guard when he's in there. There's no logical reason we shouldn't be able to just play Vucevic straight up with Brook and be totally fine.

At any rate, it isn't Orlando that I'm worried about. It's not totally impossible for us to lose this series considering how we've played throughout the bubble, but the real concern is what comes next. Orlando isn't good enough to really worry about individual matchups with them. The thing I'm worried about is that the team has seemingly forgotten any semblance of the help rotations they've used throughout the past two years. There is no scenario in which we should have 4 guys defending one player, especially DJ Augustine. The system works because we essentially funnel everyone in towards Brook/Giannis at the rim. Guys are supposed to fight over screens and invite them to try to attack Brook at the rim, so we should essentially have the ball-handlers' man pushing them into the paint and Brook pushing them into the mid-range area while the length and mobility of Giannis and the other two defenders can clamp down on everything else. We flat out aren't doing that anymore and I have no idea why. Instead we look like a children's soccer team where everyone just chases the ball around and doesn't actually cover anybody or anything.

Not to change the subject but just got one of those arcade 1up machines ( NBA Jam) and umm I highly recommend. A blast for all ages.
I've been contemplating getting one since they came out. Moving across the country again next week though so had to hold off so that the movers don't destroy it. Usually move every 12-18 months so that's my only hold up. Are they a solid build that would hold up taking some bumps?

Good to see Wenyen Gabriel getting some substantial minutes for Portland. He has quite the backstory and anyone with his level of athleticism is fun to watch.

i have NBA jams and the 40th anniverary pac man (which includes galaga)...
they are a bargain if you ask me...full arcade experience at fraction of the cost...they play exactly like the original programming.
They're kind of short, right? Like there's an additional part you can buy to make them taller?

I'd love to get into them. The tricky thing is I don't have anywhere to put them right now.

The Nets / Raptors correctly moved to the early game on NBA TV. The world is back to normal.

Here are my predictions for today's games, which I fully expect will all be wrong:

Raps over Nets (Nets are playing a B squad)
Nuggets over Jazz (I think Mitchell will be dead)
Cs over Philly (Philly is still a mess)
Mavs over Clips (Angry KP)

I figured if portland was going to win a game or two, they'd be early...they've been in playoff mode since the bubble began and the laker's haven't had any stakes.

that advantage will soon shift as Portland has had to go all out for quite a while now and the Laker's haven't. as the series goes along, I'd expect Portland to wear down...and alot of those threes from Lillard, McCollom, and Trent, will start to front rim.

Yeah. And as much as we’ve struggled shooting in the bubble - I don’t think we can shoot THAT bad again.

On a night like that, I don’t understand why Dion or maybe even JR didn’t get at least 10 minutes to see if they can get hot. You can’t have KCP/Caruso sharing a spot and going 1-15.

I know he doesn't like it, but the Lakers best lineup is with AD at the 5. I would play AD/Kuzma/Lebron/Green/pick your player. Gives you shooting and solid defense.

Anyway if there's a year a 1 is going to lose in the first round again it is going to be this year as there's no HC advantage.

I know he doesn't like it, but the Lakers best lineup is with AD at the 5. I would play AD/Kuzma/Lebron/Green/pick your player. Gives you shooting and solid defense.

Anyway if there's a year a 1 is going to lose in the first round again it is going to be this year as there's no HC advantage.

On a night like last night where Green, KCP, and Caruso are bringing nothing on offense I’d like to see at least some: LeBron, Dion, Kuzma, Morris, Davis.

And maybe more important than the lack of HC advantage, both the Bucks and Lakers are old rosters that appear to have shown up at the bubble out of shape/out of practice. The Bucks in particular look painfully slow compared to the rest of the league right now.

And maybe more important than the lack of HC advantage, both the Bucks and Lakers are old rosters that appear to have shown up at the bubble out of shape/out of practice. The Bucks in particular look painfully slow compared to the rest of the league right now.

And throw in the fact that Portand is a lot different team than the one that got the 8. Nurkic is really good.

I dunno, I still think the Lakers are fine. But...

On a night like last night where Green, KCP, and Caruso are bringing nothing on offense I’d like to see at least some: LeBron, Dion, Kuzma, Morris, Davis.

Completely forgot about Morris. That would be solid as well. Even get some JR in there to see if he catches fire.

The Lakers obviously need some offensive help right now, but I wonder if they aren't interested in sacrificing defense for offense. They did just hold a Portland team that has averaged 126 ppg in the bubble to 100 points. Dion or JR would definitely give you more offensive options, but are they providing you a net positive with their play on the other end? Losing 125-120 isn't much better than losing 100-93.

And throw in the fact that Portand is a lot different team than the one that got the 8. Nurkic is really good.

I dunno, I still think the Lakers are fine. But...

Nurkic makes them 4-5 seed quality IMO. They’re at least as good as Houston/OKC, if not a little better. IMO.

When you think about the fact that you have Lebron, one of the best passers to 3 point shooters around, and a guy like AD who should draw constant attention down low, it's kind of shocking that the Lakers neither shoot nor make a lot of 3's.

I get it is in part due to the makeup of their roster, but still.

When you think about the fact that you have Lebron, one of the best passers to 3 point shooters around, and a guy like AD who should draw constant attention down low, it's kind of shocking that the Lakers neither shoot nor make a lot of 3's.

I get it is in part due to the makeup of their roster, but still.

LeBron having 16 assists on a night where the team couldn’t make a shot, is pretty crazy. He should’ve had 20+ assists with just average shooting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom