NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 143 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Boston-Toronto meet in the playoffs for the first time ever.

Should be a great matchup. I would say its very close between both teams and it's a toss up. I think they are both clearly the two best teams outside of the big 3 contenders, and the Bucks will not have any easy matchup against each if that is the ECF.

But now the kind words are over for the Celtics. Apologies to the Celtics fans here, but I will be talking smack about the Celts for the next 10-14 fays.
I think the Heat will give the Bucks a competitive series.
I also think Toronto is better than Boston.
But the margin isn’t as high I imply.

Can’t believe
Phoenix, Sacramento and Atlanta all passed on Luka.

Atlanta got Trey Young and Cam Reddish for Luka.
That trade worked out for both. Unfortunately, Luka is a perennial MVP candidate so it's always going to look like a "bad" trade knowing that. But Young averaged 30 and 9 this year... 30 and 9. He was an all star talent. Needs to get better on defense, but it was a fine trade. Plenty of worse ones historically.

What former player is Luka most like? I feel lazy saying Larry Bird, but is it Larry Bird?

I know this has been thrown out a lot, but I really don't see them as that similar at all really.

Luka is a lead ball handler and, to this point at least, is really kind of a meh outside shooter. hes like 32% career from 3, granted he takes a ton of tough ones (as we saw at the end of the game).

Hes more Magic than Bird to me.

I know this has been thrown out a lot, but I really don't see them as that similar at all really.

Luka is a lead ball handler and, to this point at least, is really kind of a meh outside shooter. hes like 32% career from 3, granted he takes a ton of tough ones (as we saw at the end of the game).

I don’t mean this as a knock on Luka or anyone playing now - but I wonder what some past guys numbers would look like playing with 3-4 teammates on the court who can shoot the 3, and a wide open lane?

I feel like someone like Penny could’ve put up Luka numbers this year if he was getting a high screen with an open lane every time down.

Lost in all the excitement were two honorable mentions from the Mavs/Clips game..

Morris finger-gun shooting Klebers feet on the “would’ve been” game winner.

Seth Curry staring down his wife’s ex and calling him a b**ch a$$ after an And1.

Obviously Malone and Stockton were incredible pick and rolling, but how common was the pick and roll during the 80s and 90s? It's clearly the strategy basically every single possession today and it's basically impossible to consistently guard. How did different eras do it? Clearly the shooting now, and lack of extreme physicality, allows for more scoring off the pick and roll but man... seems every possession there's a good look off of it.

It's amazing the Mavs before all is said and done might have the two.greatest foreign born players ever.
Isn’t Duncan technically a foreign born player or am I misremembering? At any rate seems like Giannis is probably destined to be in that discussion too.

Obviously Malone and Stockton were incredible pick and rolling, but how common was the pick and roll during the 80s and 90s? It's clearly the strategy basically every single possession today and it's basically impossible to consistently guard. How did different eras do it? Clearly the shooting now, and lack of extreme physicality, allows for more scoring off the pick and roll but man... seems every possession there's a good look off of it.

I think there’s just more good shooters to kick to and because of that, a more spaced out court when they run it now.

Isn’t Duncan technically a foreign born player or am I misremembering? At any rate seems like Giannis is probably destined to be in that discussion too.
Virgin Islands us territory. No question Giannis will be as well.

tough sequence there, Murray definitely got his arm hit.

The ft shooting diff will be talked about after this I’m sure even tho I haven’t seen anything too crazy.

Was gonna post the same earlier today, but couldn't do that to Magic. I thought about Magic starting at center and dropping 42 IN THE FINALS, and when more action was in the paint, and said, nope can't do it. Oh yeah I forgot, he was a 20 yr old rookie too.

You know what: I’m going with Penny for Luka. 6’7 guards who run the show, and can shoot, pass, and handle and have great feel for the game.

Luka is stronger and an even better passer. Penny had way more bounce.

Day 2 referenced this series earlier. In case anyone forgot...

Jazz were 3 point favorites. That last shot cost some folks.

Quick question for the recruiting guys. How come we didn't recruit Donovan Mitchell?

And it wouldn’t be right to not post the next game too. Penny put on an absolute show.

So in these 3-1 series, which is the greater pressure - for the team behind in the series to overcome the allure of being free from the bubble or for the team head to close out the series?

You know what: I’m going with Penny for Luka. 6’7 guards who run the show, and can shoot, pass, and handle and have great feel for the game.

Luka is stronger and an even better passer. Penny had way more bounce.

Day 2 referenced this series earlier. In case anyone forgot...

So who will voice Lil Luka in the shoe commercials?

And it wouldn’t be right to not post the next game too. Penny put on an absolute show.
Just realized that’s Doc Rivers as the analyst. And Bryan Burwell with the post game interview, RIP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom