NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 153 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Rachel Nichols on ESPN said the Bucks forfeited game 5, and the team is subject to a 5 million dollar fine.

Orlando has apparently stated that they will not accept a forfeit and I highly doubt the NBA will try to issue a forfeit or a fine.

It will be interesting to see how many players opt out now and just leave the bubble.

Exactly. It isn’t about not playing basketball to spite people and force action to happen. A lot of these players know how powerful their voices are and feel being stuck in a bubble playing a game restricts them from doing more. I think a good number of them would be willing to give up a dream of a championship this year in order to focus on what they believe is a much more important issue.

It appears the Bucks may be leaving the bubble.

I suspect that's where this is ultimately headed, but I assume the bags he's referring to are just the bags they brought to the locker room AKA their jerseys.

The goal is to hurt the owners. It really needs to happen in the NFL.
Sadly NBA owners can survive this.
All these owners can survive their leagues going under.

The damage being done here is real. If the season ends now this is Curt Flood stuff.
A majority of the NBA fanbase will come back but corporate sponsors, ratings will take a hit and that will hit the owners and players evenly.

Sadly NBA owners can survive this.
All these owners can survive their leagues going under.

The damage being done here is real. If the season ends now this is Curt Flood stuff.
A majority of the NBA fanbase will come back but corporate sponsors, ratings will take a hit and that will hit the owners and players evenly.
Sure owners and players can. What about the Joe Smhoe who's mortgage depends on these sports being played?

Rip sports
Hockey isn’t going to stop.

The NFL if they didn’t stupidly sign a terrible CBA could have used this moment to protest and strike but they won’t missgames over this.

The NBA players make enough money where they can afford to do this.

Why exactly should players be going after the owners?
Using political capital to get laws changed.

They want real police reform.
Busting police unions.
The problem is Democrats can’t push too hard to bust police unions without giving Republicans the same leverage to bust teachers unions.
Police unions lean Republican in donating funds.
Teachers union lean Democratic in donating funds.

Thus right now each side politicizes this stuff for campaign funds and can’t enact real Change without opening the door for their allies to be busted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom