NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 151 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Guy has really overachieved in the playoffs in his 57 year career, I tell ya.
I appreciate that D'Antoni helped pull the league out of the defense first slug fests.

But other than that, he annoys me.

Also, he destroyed Amare's knees.

I appreciate that D'Antoni helped pull the league out of the defense first slug fests.

But other than that, he annoys me.

Also, he destroyed Amare's knees.

He destroyed Kobe’s achilles too.

D'Antoni is a pretty good coach. (he did not help Amare's knees, I'll grant that). He def rides his starters hard.

I do think a lot of coaches either don't matter or are actively bad. I do think D'Antoni may be one of the ones that is in the "actually helps" camp. I'm pretty sure McMillen is in the "doesnt matter" camp.

D'Antoni is a pretty good coach. (he did not help Amare's knees, I'll grant that). He def rides his starters hard.

I do think a lot of coaches either don't matter or are actively bad. I do think D'Antoni may be one of the ones that is in the "actually helps" camp. I'm pretty sure McMillen is in the "doesnt matter" camp.
You think Nate doesn't help?

I wonder if maybe relative to expectations Nate is better at getting results with a limited roster than he is having a good roster go gangbusters. It always seems to me like he does really well getting limited teams to overcome their limitations.

I'd put McMillan in the same category as a guy like Steve Clifford where you can bank on their teams playing hard and overachieving (at least for a few years) but likely plateauing or burning out in the long term.

You think Nate doesn't help?

I wonder if maybe relative to expectations Nate is better at getting results with a limited roster than he is having a good roster go gangbusters. It always seems to me like he does really well getting limited teams to overcome their limitations.

I basically think he's a typical NBA coach. So I don't think you're losing a lot by firing him, unless you make a horrible hire to replace him.

You do raise a good point as well, generally we're always eager to label coaches (or gm's) as "good" or "bad" when in reality I do think some coaches do better coaching different kinds of teams, and the guy who is a good fit for a young developing team is not necessarily a good fit for a more developed team looking to get over the hump.

I basically think he's a typical NBA coach. So I don't think you're losing a lot by firing him, unless you make a horrible hire to replace him.

You do raise a good point as well, generally we're always eager to label coaches (or gm's) as "good" or "bad" when in reality I do think some coaches do better coaching different kinds of teams, and the guy who is a good fit for a young developing team is not necessarily a good fit for a more developed team looking to get over the hump.
I think about it in this way because I've worked at a lot of startups that have grown and changed to varying degrees.

There are people that are INCREDIBLE early on and they find they just have no place and ability once a company gets to a certain point. Similarly, there are people that can't handle the growing pains at all, but shine once things are a little bigger and settled.

So I relate that to NBA coaching. Who knows of it's a good way to think about it, it just strikes me as something that could be true.

And then you have coaches like Ty Lue, who just suck all the time.

I don’t think Boston-Toronto are going to play tomorrow. Pascal Siakum and Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart seem to really want to leave the bubble and go protest.

This season might be over. I can’t see Milwaukee playing if Boston and Toronto quit.

I don’t think Boston-Toronto are going to play tomorrow. Pascal Siakum and Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart seem to really want to leave the bubble and go protest.

This season might be over. I can’t see Milwaukee playing if Boston and Toronto quit.

I'm all for protesting social I justice but the NBA went through extraordinary lengths to set this bubble up. This is their job. If I didn't show up to work to protest I'd get fired.

Can't blame these guys if they call it quits. I'm sure Lebron is a nervous wreck about it though. This is probably his last best shot.

Bucks players didn’t go out for warmups.
Orlando players went back to the locker room.
NBA executives are outside of the Bucks locker room.
Chit is going down.

Players can sit out and protest. It’s their right. I don’t think this will get them the change any faster but I am
Okay if the season is over.

Bucks players didn’t go out for warmups.
Orlando players went back to the locker room.
NBA executives are outside of the Bucks locker room.
Chit is going down.

Players can sit out and protest. It’s their right. I don’t think this will get them the change any faster but I am
Okay if the season is over.
I mean I get the outrage I really do but the Magic and the refs and everyone else showed up for the game.

Doubt lakers blazers happen tonight. James and melo won’t let it imo.

Clips are the better team, but man are they, outside of Kawhi, becoming unlikeable.
Morris, Beverley, ‘Playoff P’ and Harrell. Aholes, all.

saw a clip last night of Beverley and some other clownish teammate mocking MKG after a wildly inaccurate 3-pointer. Douche move, but not atypical of those guys. I wonder what Kawhi and Doc think of these types of antics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom