NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 154 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Hockey isn’t going to stop.

The NFL if they didn’t stupidly sign a terrible CBA could have used this moment to protest and strike but they won’t missgames over this.

The NBA players make enough money where they can afford to do this.
Do they? Not everyone is Lebron. The end of the bench guys trying to take advantage of their 3 year window are the ones hurt by this.

...especially the future 3 year window/end of bench guys who will have to deal with what, most assuredly, based on an 8 year ratings decline as per The Athletic, will be a rough new television deal when the time comes.

That doesn’t mean they shouldn’t take a stand, but many of the loudest voices are those with the heaviest wallets. (Purely financially speaking)

This is so unprecedented. I think there is a chance for real change, and the players are seizing it.

George Hill thought it was a mistake to come to the bubble.

These game postponements are a huge statement though.

If teams leave the bubble in protest that's an even bigger statement.

If the season is over the NBA is immediately at the forefront of movement for change.

This might be big enough that things actually happen.

This is so unprecedented. I think there is a chance for real change, and the players are seizing it.

George Hill thought it was a mistake to come to the bubble.

These game postponements are a huge statement though.

If teams leave the bubble in protest that's an even bigger statement.

If the season is over the NBA is immediately at the forefront of movement for change.

This might be big enough that things actually happen.
What things?

Also, it's kind of interesting that because of the bubble, there's such a considerable collection of the league all in one place to talk this over tonight.
Meeting in LeBron's room

Whose mortgage is on the line with these games being played in the bubble?
The people not making millions of dollars who work for these teams. Or the camera guys and guys working for these networks not making a whole lot either. Or as someone else stated the end of the bench guys who are making league min who are trying to build a career. Lebron and Giannis I'm not worried about.

The people not making millions of dollars who work for these teams. Or the camera guys and guys working for these networks not making a whole lot either. Or as someone else stated the end of the bench guys who are making league min who are trying to build a career. Lebron and Giannis I'm not worried about.
Those people already took salary reductions to keep their jobs.
They aren’t relying on these games being played.

This NBA season is essentially over unless LeBron convinces the players to stay which I doubt he will.

Those people already took salary reductions to keep their jobs.
They aren’t relying on these games being played.

This NBA season is essentially over unless LeBron convinces the players to stay which I doubt he will.
Yes so they need the games more. How are they getting paid if there are no games to work?What about the workers who have worked their butts off for not a lot of pay to get this bubble going?

Yes so they need the games more. How are they getting paid if there are no games to work?What about the workers who have worked their butts off for not a lot of pay to get this bubble going?
They don’t need the games.
They work for the NBA. They nba isn’t going to stiff their employees because the players went on strike.

Sports is entertainment. If the players don’t want to entertain then there is no entertainment.

They don’t need the games.
They work for the NBA. They nba isn’t going to stiff their employees because the players went on strike.

Sports is entertainment. If the players don’t want to entertain then there is no entertainment.
Ok what about the beat reporter who gets paid to cover the sport? Or network guys.are they still getting paid?

What the players demand?... Or what... they won’t play again next season?

Ok.

Who exactly is supposed to be responding to these demands from the NBA players?
I mean, things are happening fast, so who knows. But would it be surprising if in the cities that have NBA franchises, the players put forward something demanding X, Y, Z for police reform local to those cities?

Look, maybe it goes nowhere. The world sucks and our country's a mess so the likelihood of that is high. But the players are taking the opportunity to exercise their social power to try to bring forward justice and change.

I take it as a good thing. Even if it amounts to nothing. I'm here for the effort.

Ok what about the beat reporter who gets paid to cover the sport? Or network guys.are they still getting paid?
Brian, the crappy thing here is, human history has shown us that progress hurts and there are always innocent victims that are ground up by change.

It sucks. It's real.

You don’t think this will give them something to cover?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom