NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 152 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

So clearly the nba is a different job than 99.9% of people have, but it is technically a job right, even though the platform and visibility the players have is enormous?

So clearly the nba is a different job than 99.9% of people have, but it is technically a job right, even though the platform and visibility the players have is enormous?
Its a no lose situation for the players.

The Trump voters don’t watch NBA games so the players are fine.
This is about the players leveraging their owners to try and do more.

I don’t think this protest will change anything as it takes some time to enact changes but the players have every right to do what they did.

So the magic win the game then?

I highly highly doubt it. I'm guessing the NBA will announce the game is postponed until further notice and I'm guessing more teams will be following the Bucks example.

I feel like such an idiot for not even contemplating that it would be Milwaukee that would be the ones to decide to boycott considering this happened pretty much in their backyard (and literally in their G-League affiliate's backyard) and considering the fact that one of their players was himself a victim of police brutality.

This is so surreal.

I don’t think this protest will change anything as it takes some time to enact changes but the players have every right to do what they did.
But the change they are looking for and we all are looking for isn't going to happen by not playing a game. The NBA isn't racist they aren't the one senselessly killing African Americans.

If the Lakers/Blazers boycott, does that buy time for Dame to come back?

Asking somewhat in jest, because I think this might be the end of the bubble.

But what can anyone truly do to stop an individual act such as this one? I get what they are doing and I don’t have a strong opinion either way to be honest, but in the big picture I just have a hard time with it all.

Why should they entertain people if they don’t feel the country deserves it.

It doesn’t bother me.
I agree... except the only American NBA fans left are those that agree with them completely or, at least, “get it” and/or are ok with the activism.

I don’t know that this boycott will reverberate anywhere outside of where their world view resides.

Now if the Green Bay Packers did this...

But what can anyone truly do to stop an individual act such as this one? I get what they are doing and I don’t have a strong opinion either way to be honest, but in the big picture I just have a hard time with it all.
They want this to impact people to vote.
Get people to vote and enact change.

it’s all good IMO.
Entertainment is entertainment.
It won’t hurt their league long term.

Why should they entertain people if they don’t feel the country deserves it.

It doesn’t bother me.
It's not just about entertainment they are being paid to do a job. 95 pct of the country are repulsed and angered by what's going on. I'm all for protest but im just not sure how boycotting a game is going to change things.

I agree... except the only NBA fans left are those that agree with them completely or, at least, “get it” and/or are ok with the activism.

I don’t know that this boycott will reverberate anywhere outside of where their world view resides.
It will get NBA viewers who don’t vote to get off their asses and vote.

Younger citizens don’t vote as frequently as older voters. Again I don’t care if the bubble ends it’s entertainment.

They want this to impact people to vote.
Get people to vote and enact change.

it’s all good IMO.
Entertainment is entertainment.
It won’t hurt their league long term.
Biden as president suddenly stops cops from shooting people? Not trying to be political but by vote that is directed primarily at the presidential election, correct?

I get the premise about voting etc. Truly important. But does anyone really think we actually will reach a point where 100% of this stuff is eliminated?

Shams just said Rockets-Thunder will boycott game 5.

LeBron just tweeted it doesn’t look the Lakers will be playing either.

Rachel Nichols on ESPN said the Bucks forfeited game 5, and the team is subject to a 5 million dollar fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom