NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 156 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

And do you believe that the police have the right to enforce the law?

do they have the right to defend themselves in Atlanta, when a guy who passed out in a Wendy's drive-thru wakes up, gets into a physical altercation with police when it becomes clear that they're going to arrest him, snags a taser from one of them, then turns around and fires it at an officer? Or is that another example of the police brutality?

look, these guys put their lives on the line on a daily basis. This politically charged climate has painted them as bad guys and heightened scrutiny, but I think people need to understand that when these guys let their guard down or make a false move, they could be dead any given night.
I believe that when enforcing the law comes to firing a gun on a citizen, that action must be an absolute last resort.

Justice?

I wonder if the players would have cancelled the playoffs if they'd watched more than the 5 second video clip the media has condensed.

Because there was a LOT more leading up to that unfortunate outcome than what is selectively and intentionally being shown, pared down. Including a group of police being pelted with rocks and other debris, and an officer taking a rock to the melon that sent him to the ground, and Blake getting into a physical altercation with police before being instructed to sit on the curb. So when the police took a more aggressive posture to stabalize and take control of the situation, Blake standing up and walking away, then going into his car when they were ordering him to stand down and reaching for something...

Takes on a much different spin when viewed in its entirety instead of just the end 5 seconds, showing police advancing on a guy with guns drawn.

The NBA players should use their newfound free time to watch the entire video and find out more about what transpired with the whole situation (above and beyond Blake), and then perhaps the eventual outcome might be perceived slightly differently.

Or maybe not. But the entire incident isn't encapsulated in that six second video clip being shown, which has thrown gasoline on the fire.
7 bullets into his back. That’s all I need to see.

For a call related to two women fighting.

Well I guess no more fun times discussing b-ball. Hate to see it.

Ok, I found some NBA news that can be posted here!

Lavar really screwed Lonzo with that BBB crap.

I don’t see how the season comes back. The change the players want takes time I don’t know what could immediately be done.

We don’t need the games.

His name was Rayshard Brooks, he was running away, and they knew he didn’t have a weapon other than the taser, which he already deployed.

I see that your piss poor command of the facts bleeds over into this topic, as well. I'm happy to "say his name," so that the attribution of blame can be applied where it belongs.

RAYSHARD BROOKS, who was fresh out of an early release from his prison sentence, was driving while legally intoxicated -- so much so, that RAYSHARD BROOKS blacked out behind the wheel in the drive through line at a Wendy's. Restaurant management called the police on the heavily intoxicated, sleeping man, who promptly roused RAYSHARD BROOKS and began to question him.

Although he was initially quite cooperative and seemingly lucid, when the officers suggested that they were going to give him a field sobriety test, RAYSHARD BROOKS knew that failing the test would send him back to prison for violating the terms of his early release parole. So instead of complying with the police when they attempted to cuff him, RAYSHARD BROOKS attempted to fight his way out of the situation, assaulting several officers in the process, before forcibly removing one of their TASER devices.

As he began to then flee the scene, RAYSHARD BROOKS stopped, turned, and fired the TASER at the pursuing police officers. At which point, they shot back and killed him.

"He was running away." Hardly.

Last edited:
I don’t see how the season comes back. The change the players want takes time I don’t know what could immediately be done.

We don’t need the games.
There is nothing they made their stand today. Now get back to the game you love.

Oh, and O-79, if I have to take a penalty break for the last post, it was worth it to counter that BS.

We don’t need the games.

yeah, I think it's done.
IF it is, I'm VERY interested to see how college and pro football will react.

I believe that when enforcing the law comes to firing a gun on a citizen, that action must be an absolute last resort.

Agree 100%.

In this case, the police got pelted by thrown rocks, got into a physical altercation with several members of the crowd, TASERED Blake, instead of cuffing him had him sit on the curb while the got the rest of the situation under control, gave him mulitple verbal warnings when he got up from the curve / opened his car door / began reaching for something inside, and then fired the gun.

OiG, I don't know what other steps you'd like to see mixed in there to prevent them shooting. What WOULD have prevented them shooting would have been the guy listening to directions, or at the very least not going into his car and seemingly reaching for something while armed officers who were dealing with a volatile situation overall had their guns drawn on him.

There is nothing they made their stand today. Now get back to the game you love.
White people don’t know the hurt these black men are feeling.
I don’t want them playing games to entertain because a pandemic pushed their season to august.

Just let them go home. This season doesn’t matter. Go home go protest and when the NBA finishes it’s calendar for next season go play. If they don’t come back next season then the league is done.

White people don’t know the hurt these black men are feeling.
I don’t want them playing games to entertain because a pandemic pushed their season to august.

Just let them go home. This season doesn’t matter. Go home go protest and when the NBA finishes it’s calendar for next season go play. If they don’t come back next season then the league is done.
Look I get it I'll never know what it's like to be black but I am every bit as angered and disgusted over these social injustices. I just don't see how going home and refusing to play is going to change things.

Lakers and Clippers voted to cancel season. Seems all but done. sadly.

Edit: I didn't realize other teams also voted. Was it just the remaining teams that voted?

And to some of the points above... yes shooting should clearly be a last resort but sometimes you have no clue when the last resort might be. What if a guy refuses to cooperate but is allowed to simply get into his car and "drive away from the situation", only to stop 50 feet down the road and shoot someone? Again, extreme, but imagine the outcry from that?

1000% the excessive and unnecessary brutality needs to end, which is what these NBA players are calling for, but people have gone way too far the other way.

Lakers and Clippers voted to cancel season. Seems all but done. sadly.

Edit: I didn't realize other teams also voted. Was it just the remaining teams that voted?

And to some of the points above... yes shooting should clearly be a last resort but sometimes you have no clue when the last resort might be. What if a guy refuses to cooperate but is allowed to simply get into his car and "drive away from the situation", only to stop 50 feet down the road and shoot someone? Again, extreme, but imagine the outcry from that?

1000% the excessive and unnecessary brutality needs to end, which is what these NBA players are calling for, but people have gone way too far the other way.
NBA players meeting supposedly got ugly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom