NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 160 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

It was funny... I wanted to reply to Cpt Tut’s comment today that “he hates hypocrisy.” I wanted to tell him that he was talking with ppl that have no problem with it.

No. The real hypocrisy is (pretending) to care more about China than caring about our own citizens. The wealthy on the left and right are never going to stop doing business there no matter how much we cry about humane injustices there. Not sure why people can't admit that.

No. The real hypocrisy is (pretending) to care more about China than caring about our own citizens. The wealthy on the left and right are never going to stop doing business there no matter how much we cry about humane injustices there. Not sure why people can't admit that.
The problem w your theory is that you think ppl are pretending to care.

Typical Beverley. Idiot.

Pat Beverley is an idiot.

It’s clear Roberts told the players they should continue due to finances and he just wanted none of it.

If the players didn’t continue I read the CBA becomes null and void. The owners could lockout the players and just leverage whatever they want into a new CBA.

I mean that’s fine, but it still didn’t address the fact that only the NBA gets attacked for this. Most other industry/billionaire/millionaire have become wealthy off China and there’s not nearly the outrage. Our president has completed numerous real estate deals and constructed hotels himself there yet he Roy Cohn’s himself out of it. If we are going to be this specific it should be this way across the board, but the US investor class is never going to stop doing business with China. Both of us know that.
But are those folks out there bashing our country. If they are, then my position stands; they are hypocrites.

you take most angst at injustice you yourself suffer or see directly ... it’s only natural ..
Yep. I am not belittling the feelings and angst and anger, just asking to stop hypocrisy.
Its like AOC being all about "being green" on her cell phone, the production and disposal of which is one of the single largest contributors to a bad environment that there is.

But are those folks out there bashing our country. If they are, then my position stands; they are hypocrites.
So what? Let them be hypocrites, get out of their way, and let them get on with whatever good they're trying to accomplish.

I'm tired of this horse crap sentiment some voice that if you're trying to solve a single problem you're somehow unworthy if you can't/aren't simultaneously solving all other problems and your effort is pointless anyway.

Crabs in a bucket.

You’re a hypocrite if your bashing China and Not the US for crap that happened surrounding Muslims after 9/11. I wasn’t born yesterday. All of this is a bunch of excuses to keep the status quo.

Pat Beverley is an idiot.

It’s clear Roberts told the players they should continue due to finances and he just wanted none of it.

If the players didn’t continue I read the CBA becomes null and void. The owners could lockout the players and just leverage whatever they want into a new CBA.

So I have avoided the board intentionally for the last few days, just didn't want to get involved.

The Beverley quote is so dumb and bad. Imagine his reaction if the team was having a meeting with Steve Ballmer and Ballmer told him to stop talking cause he paid his salary. Glad the rest of the players seemed to put him in place.

Hope he recovers quickly. I can't believe I'm saying this but maybe the Knicks were right not giving him a max contract. He just can't stay healthy.

I've said since they traded him I was fine with the deal if for no other reason than it meant they werent tied up in that contract. I hate framing it that way cause it looks like I'm rooting for him to get hurt or whatever, but its true. (not the part where I am rooting for him to get hurt. the part where im fine with them not having that contract on their books)

How many Orlando players/staff do you think are annoyed as hell that they had to stick around for 4 extra days to get the inevitable over with? All kinds of cancelled dates with significant others over the past few days, lol.

How many Orlando players/staff do you think are annoyed as hell that they had to stick around for 4 extra days to get the inevitable over with? All kinds of cancelled dates with significant others over the past few days, lol.
I laid the -13.5 for Milwaukee and -11 for LA Lakers tonight because of this exact reason.
Those teams want out of the bubble.

Houston was -5 on OKC I stayed away from that game didn’t get a read which side will win.

I laid the -13.5 for Milwaukee and -11 for LA Lakers tonight because of this exact reason.
Those teams want out of the bubble.

Houston was -5 on OKC I stayed away from that game didn’t get a read which side will win.
So did I. I'm a bit nervous.

Orlando actually hanging tough!!

I took Bucks -13.5 and then hedged with some Orlando +14.5 live at +225.

Orlando actually hanging tough!!

I took Bucks -13.5 and then hedged with some Orlando +14.5 live at +225.
You hit it unbelievable luck.
Wow I was sweating that and you got both sides.

Orlando kept fouling too!

Nice when things work out for good people like us
Did you touch OKC-Houston my read was either take OKC money line or stay away.
I stayed away because I have no read on this series. I feel Houston is better but they can go cold and lose easily.

Did you touch OKC-Houston my read was either take OKC money line or stay away.
I stayed away because I have no read on this series. I feel Houston is better but they can go cold and lose easily.

I actually just took Houston -238 for the series. I was on OKC like every game the first 4 as well. FWIW

Anyone else bet on fanduel? Won two bets and have yet to receive my winnings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom