NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 175 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Lakers are gonna sweep Houston
Houston will have games they make a lot of 3’s.
The Lakers offense struggles I can see the Rockets winning a game or two this series.
OKC would have been swept. They can’t score and the Lakers have better players so they would have outgrinded them.

Lakers don’t want to play teams with good offenses. They can struggle to shoot. Houston has a chance even though I expect Anthony Davis to average 30+ this series.

Houston will have games they make a lot of 3’s.
The Lakers offense struggles I can see the Rockets winning a game or two this series.
OKC would have been swept. They can’t score and the Lakers have better players so they would have outgrinded them.

Lakers don’t want to play teams with good offenses. They can struggle to shoot. Houston has a chance even though I expect Anthony Davis to average 30+ this series.
I just can’t see Lebron letting the Lakers give a game or two to Harden to let momentum shift back and forth. I think the Lakers dial in and look as efficient as other Lebron-conference series teams of the past. Harden’s never had “it” in my opinion and I doubt it changes here. Biased take, I know

I just can’t see Lebron letting the Lakers give a game or two to Harden to let momentum shift back and forth. I think the Lakers dial in and look as efficient as other Lebron-conference series teams of the past. Harden’s never had “it” in my opinion and I doubt it changes here. Biased take, I know
The Lakers don’t have scoring that is their biggest problem.
They have LeBron, Davis, and Kuzma who is their 4th scoring threat?
KCP and Morris aren’t that good.

Lakers need Danny Green to make 3’s.
Lakers win on defense and Lebron/AD that is why a team like Houston won’t get swept.
OKC has Dort playing a lot of minutes and they struggled to score in 3 games versus a mediocre Houston team.

Rockets can force turnovers the Lakers will have LeBron and Rondo handling the ball. If they get play to their ability just okay this will be a 6 games series.

The Lakers don’t have scoring that is their biggest problem.
They have LeBron, Davis, and Kuzma who is their 4th scoring threat?
KCP and Morris aren’t that good.

Lakers need Danny Green to make 3’s.
Lakers win on defense and Lebron/AD that is why a team like Houston won’t get swept.
OKC has Dort playing a lot of minutes and they struggled to score in 3 games versus a mediocre Houston team.

Rockets can force turnovers the Lakers will have LeBron and Rondo handling the ball. If they get play to their ability just okay this will be a 6 games series.
Unleash the cheese

I say again Luka > the Freak.

Harden and Paul are both tough to root for so for the first time ever I am rooting for a LeBron team in the next round.
I don’t know about that. Giannis is on another level but he’s facing the best 3 point shooting team in the league. Bad matchup for the Bucks.

that was about the worst end of game reffing you will ever see.. How that touch raises to a level of a foul and then review it and say the contact was enough to give him a chance to land is just dumb,

Then that over and back call was blown in the OKC game.. the ball hit the rim and the guy jumped in mid air to throw the ball so he never had possession so it cant be over and back.

then the Harden play.. both guys went out of bounds Harden never came back in before touching the ball so its dead at that point before all the stuff after that.

that was about the worst end of game reffing you will ever see.. How that touch raises to a level of a foul and then review it and say the contact was enough to give him a chance to land is just dumb,

Then that over and back call was blown in the OKC game.. the ball hit the rim and the guy jumped in mid air to throw the ball so he never had possession so it cant be over and back.

then the Harden play.. both guys went out of bounds Harden never came back in before touching the ball so its dead at that point before all the stuff after that.
They were both out of bounds when they jumped to grab the ball. I was wondering if they would review it to see who contacted it first. Felt like they got to it at nearly the same time. I didn’t think harden touched it first though.

I’m guessing it would have been a jump ball if it was simultaneous, correct?

A jump ball was what I thought it should be. I saw a couple replays quicklly and i thought the OKC guy went out but actually accidentally got back in when jumping but didnt get a clear replay on that.

What I couldnt tell from the rule book does one guy touching it first illegally nullify the other one? But they didnt rule that as part of the play at all.

A jump ball was what I thought it should be. I saw a couple replays quicklly and i thought the OKC guy went out but actually accidentally got back in when jumping but didnt get a clear replay on that.

What I couldnt tell from the rule book does one guy touching it first illegally nullify the other one? But they didnt rule that as part of the play at all.
Yeah, Dort was on the line with his left foot when he jumped as well. Replays later showed that pretty well. Harden was clearly out of bounds.

Stan just got on Twitter two months ago, he’s one of my favorite new follows. Some hoops tweets, of course, but heavy on politics — ‘‘tis the season — & injustice. Passionate man. Glad he’s outlived the phase when he was best known, thanks to Jim Rome, as Ron Jeremy’s doppelgänger.

E, B, then F must go, in that order.

Whoa...what?

This must suck for assistants who have paid their dues but Nash will likely be like Larry Bird and hire a Rick Carlisle assistant to be the real coach for coaching and he will just be the face to relate to the players.

Nash doesn’t strike me as a good coach per se but he is smart and will get the talent to play hard.

This must suck for assistants who have paid their dues but Nash will likely be like Larry Bird and hire a Rick Carlisle assistant to be the real coach for coaching and he will just be the face to relate to the players.

Nash doesn’t strike me as a good coach per se but he is smart and will get the talent to play hard.

Vaughn is staying on as lead assistant from what I saw.

Nash as worked one on one with Curry and Durant...I’d have to think he’s got some sort of coaching ability...better than say J Kidd?

My Updated Unbiased Power Rankings

1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Boston Celtics
3. Miami Heat
4. Denver Nuggets
5. MIlwaukee Bucks
6. Toronto Raptors
7. Houston Rockets
8. Los Angeles Clippers

1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Boston Celtics
3. Miami Heat
4. Denver Nuggets
5. MIlwaukee Bucks
6. Toronto Raptors
7. Houston Rockets
8. Los Angeles Clippers

Clippers
Lakers
Celtics
Heat
Nuggets
Bucks
Raptors
Rockets

1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Boston Celtics
3. Miami Heat
4. Denver Nuggets
5. MIlwaukee Bucks
6. Toronto Raptors
7. Houston Rockets
8. Los Angeles Clippers
I know you hate the Clips but right now I go
1. Clippers
2. Heat
3. Lakers
4. Celtics
5. Raptors
6. Bucks
7. Rockets
8. Nuggets

I think everyone forgets the Raptors are 15-3 in their last 18 games. It’s just they are 0-3 against Boston.
I don’t think Boston is that much better than Toronto but like the NHL the Lightning kinda own the Bruins head to head the Celtics matchup well with Toronto.
I think Toronto would be favored against anyone but the Clippers.

Vaughn is staying on as lead assistant from what I saw.
I mean there you go. Give Vaughn head coach money then he can get a job next year a la Ty Lue if they do well.
I don’t think Kyrie and Durant will work unless Durant is okay being Robin. Kyrie nuked Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum last year which is why if I were Brooklyn I would trade Levert for a vet or bench depth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom