NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 176 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Houston will have games they make a lot of 3’s.
The Lakers offense struggles I can see the Rockets winning a game or two this series.
OKC would have been swept. They can’t score and the Lakers have better players so they would have outgrinded them.

Lakers don’t want to play teams with good offenses. They can struggle to shoot. Houston has a chance even though I expect Anthony Davis to average 30+ this series.

I agree that it won’t be a sweep. Houston will have stretches where they score in bunches that coincide with Lakers shooters going cold and I’d expect that will win them a game or two.

Overall though, and maybe I’m oversimplifying things, but it’s hard for me to see the Lakers losing 4 times out of 7 when you have AD and LeBron playing a team without any real rim protectors.

Giannis looks suspect when he can’t bullrush his way to the basket, ala playoff defense.

No floater or stop and pop yet?

He might’ve deserved MVP, but the Lakers have two players that are better than him.

Playoffs are a different beast. Would wager that Kawhi should now be considered the best player in the NBA, when he turns it on for the playoff push.

I just heard on radio the final 30 seconds of Thunder-Rockets took 13 minutes and 36 seconds in real time to play.
These refs are crazy.

I just heard on radio the final 30 seconds of Thunder-Rockets took 13 minutes and 36 seconds in real time to play.
These refs are crazy.
Elam ending.

These refs are crazy.
Felt longer than that honestly.
Yep, and I felt bad because my wife was trying to go to sleep, but I didn’t want to go into another room and risk missing the ending.

Yep, and I felt bad because my wife was trying to go to sleep, but I didn’t want to go into another room and risk missing the ending.
That didn't complete the mission for your wife? I nearly dozed off a couple times there myself.

I can’t believe Stephen A said this.

What coaching experience did Jason Kidd or Derek Fisherhave before they got there jobs?

Or Steve Kerr?

This take by Stephen A. is amazing.

Durant and Kyrie signed off on it.

Mark Jackson isn’t getting an elite job.
Ty Lue is going to get either New Orleans or Philly.

I can’t believe Stephen A said this.

What coaching experience did Jason Kidd or Derek Fisherhave before they got there jobs?

Or Steve Kerr?

This take by Stephen A. is amazing.

Durant and Kyrie signed off on it.

Mark Jackson isn’t getting an elite job.
Ty Lue is going to get either New Orleans or Philly.

Fisher, Kidd, Kerr, Mark Jackson, Isiah, Bird, Doc Rivers...

Its not all that uncommon for former players to get head coaching jobs with zero experience.

The Nash move is no different from Cleveland hiring Ty Lue because of Lebron.

I wouldn't go that far, Lue was an assistant coach prior to being hired for like 5 years.

I was pretty damn surprised when I saw the tweet this morning. Nash isn't the first guy to be hired with no previous experience, it could work out, and I'm sure KD and Kyrie gave it the ok, but still. It's surprising

I wouldn't go that far, Lue was an assistant coach prior to being hired for like 5 years.

I was pretty damn surprised when I saw the tweet this morning. Nash isn't the first guy to be hired with no previous experience, it could work out, and I'm sure KD and Kyrie gave it the ok, but still. It's surprising

He's been a consultant for the Warriors and Canadian National Team since 2015? That's something. It's not like he was on TNT like Steve Kerr.

He's been a consultant for the Warriors and Canadian National Team since 2015? That's something. It's not like he was on TNT like Steve Kerr.

Kerr had also worked in the front office before at least. Though maybe the consultancy is roughly akin to that. Even then, there's still guys like Fisher and Kidd that were hired without doing anything beforehand.

I get that, I have no idea what he was doing with Canada. I do think Lue had much more relevant job experience than Nash does.

I also have no idea if Nash is going to be any good!

The very crazy thing to me is how well this was kept under wraps.

I get that, I have no idea what he was doing with Canada. I do think Lue had much more relevant job experience than Nash does.

I also have no idea if Nash is going to be any good!

The very crazy thing to me is how well this was kept under wraps.
Is anybody else weirded out by the idea of Nash in NY?

Just does not strike me as a NY guy.

KD and Kyrie gave ownership and the GM a list of like five people they would be cool with and Nash was the one they ended up with, right?

No way they weren't hand-picking their coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom