NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 177 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Toronto’s defense is a good matchup for him. He rolls well on p&rs and he has good hands.
I really like his activity on the glass, both ends.

Is anybody else weirded out by the idea of Nash in NY?

Just does not strike me as a NY guy.

He's had a home in Tribeca for years.

(From ESPN story)
Nash has had an offseason residence in New York City for years in Tribeca and is a big fan of the area.

"I spent enough time in Brooklyn; not a ton of time," Nash said. "It's one thing my family and I are thrilled for, the opportunity to live in the famous borough. We value its history, its cultural fabric and its mentality. It's exciting for my family. I spent many summers in New York City and went to Brooklyn to play soccer games and stuff like that. That is the exciting part, is getting to live in an incredible part of the world."

This feels like Toronto vs Cleveland (Lebron). Toronto sort of hanging around but you know they will lose in the end (convincingly or painfully)

He's had a home in Tribeca for years.

(From ESPN story)
Nash has had an offseason residence in New York City for years in Tribeca and is a big fan of the area.

"I spent enough time in Brooklyn; not a ton of time," Nash said. "It's one thing my family and I are thrilled for, the opportunity to live in the famous borough. We value its history, its cultural fabric and its mentality. It's exciting for my family. I spent many summers in New York City and went to Brooklyn to play soccer games and stuff like that. That is the exciting part, is getting to live in an incredible part of the world."
I did not know this.

Siakam committing that flagrant was because of how good Williams has been.
That was one of those frustration fouls on a guy you can't believe is playing that well in the series.

Sucks for Lowry, but uh...lifting your leg on a layup is not a “hostile act”.
Don't lead with your gonads is what I learned there. Van Gundy wanted Wanamaker arrested with over the top he reacted. The Van Gundy clan needs to stick to twitter and stop trying to be funny during these games.

Sucks for Lowry, but uh...lifting your leg on a layup is not a “hostile act”.

I have seen offensive fouls called for leading with the knees multiple times. But as it was a ref review I believe it could be only reviewed for a flagrant, and it certainly was not a flagrant act. The Raps had already used their challenge. If the Raps still had a challenge I believe it would have been overturned and become an offensive foul (since a coach challenge allows you to review more than the flagrant)

I am concerned by the fact that the Raps have not used a bench at all in the second half, and the Celtics have rested their starters. Will be very tough to manage these last 8 minutes.

I have seen offensive fouls called for leading with the knees multiple times. But as it was a ref review I believe it could be only reviewed for a flagrant, which it certainly was not. The Raps had already used their challenge. If the Raps still had a challenge I believe it would have been overturned and become an offensive foul (since a coach challenge allows you to review more than the flagrant)

I mean, if it’s a charge, it’s a charge.

Certainly not a flagrant though. Guys who jump off one foot, are going to lift the other leg - like they were taught when they first started playing basketball. There’s no real way to jump off one foot without the other leg going up.

Anyone else want to see both Van Gundys do a game together? I think it could be epic..

I prefer Doris Burke to Jeff Van gundy or Mark Jackson.

Stan talks way too much.

Not calling the timeout kept Gasol on the floor. Ibaka would have been a better option on defense if the Celtics call a TO.

Kemba is a winner. Fun to see him on a good team.

Stan Van Gundy’s commentary made this feel like a double loss.
He just ruins these games.
Shut up Stan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom