NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 202 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

I just looked at the schedule what the hell is the NBA thinking scheduling Clippers-Nuggets game 6 at 1pm against week 1 of the NFL.
That might be the lowest rated game 6 playoff game of all time.

Just move the game to Monday.

Kemba contract has how long left? He was wow bad in this series.
Kemba was huge in game 3. He dominated the 4th quarter of that game and set up the final basketball for Celtics before OG hit that shot with .5 left.
After game 3 till game 6 the Raptors game planned their defense to shut him down.
In the first 3 quarter’s last night he was brutal. 4th quarter he gave them 8 points.
He isn’t cooked yet. His contract has 3 more years after this one.

Kemba is averaging 20 a game in the playoffs. He’s just not making 3’s. Toronto thought highly enough of him that they put a box and one on him like they did to Curry in the finals.

No, but feel free to add something else useful to the conversation, LeBron apologist.

I prefer “truth seeker” to apologist.
I’d love to add something useful, but doesn’t seem to be the place for that.

Last I looked last night all I saw was maybe the same five people posting a play-by-play, whining about refs & whining about sports announcers. Not a lotta celebrating, lotta hating, lotta negativity —and did I mention whining?

Enough hating, whining, hating elsewhere, who needs to come here for that? I love the NBA and, yes, LeBron (bonus points for spelling his name right — you’re one of the few here who do). I’d love to participate & add something useful, but this doesn’t appear to be be the place for that.

Last I looked last night all I saw was maybe the same five people posting a play-by-play, whining about refs & whining about sports announcers. Not a lotta celebrating, lotta hating, lotta negativity —and did I mention whining?

Enough hating, whining, hating elsewhere, who needs to come here for that? I love the NBA and, yes, LeBron (bonus points for spelling his name right — you’re one of the few here who do). I’d love to participate & add something useful, but this doesn’t appear to be be the place for that.

Wont lie...as another fan who couldn’t have cared less who won, I was also cracking up at how they all were destroying the refs and insisting their team was playing horrible and “done”.

Made me wonder if outsiders ever take note of me during Cuse games and have the same impressions. I don’t think I usually get THAT worked up during Laker games, but maybe.

How did you respond to that after I had edited it? Must have been typing it when I changed mine. Oh well.

Have you never participated in a game thread before? Because that’s what we were doing, reacting to the game we were watching.

Wont lie...as another fan who couldn’t have cared less who won, I was also cracking up at how they all were destroying the refs and insisting their team was playing horrible and “done”.

Made me wonder if outsiders ever take note of me during Cuse games and have the same impressions. I don’t think I usually get THAT worked up during Laker games, but maybe.
You do. Especially about KCP and Caruso. It’s okay, we’re fans.

You do. Especially about KCP and Caruso. It’s okay, we’re fans.

LOL!

Add Green too.

Those guys are just...”basic” though. They are what they are, and it’s hard to see any of them get 30+ mpg, because they’re 15-20 mpg type guys.

If KCP is shooting it well(maybe half the time), he’s good enough to get 25-30 mpg.

Green is vastly overpaid so that adds to my angst...and I admittedly also have some bitterness over the favoritism towards the “3 and D” guys who don’t do anything else but try hard on D and occasionally get hot from 3. Meanwhile theyve been killing my guy Carmelo for like 7 years, when he’s twice the player(minimum) as most of these “3 and D” guys.

Caruso, I have no problem with. He maxes out and then some. I just get irritated when they play him too much. He’s a 7th/8th man. If you’ve got him out there with 4 starters playing well, he can play his hustle and D and play smart role, just fine.

Avery Bradley’s loss looms large and now Dion is hurt, so I can’t even push for more minutes for him. Rondo’s return is huge though.

Now you’re whining about whining about whining.

I don't follow the Greek Freak, but I just read that he unfollowed the Bucks and all of his teammates on his Instagram account. Odd timing.. or is it?

Edit: Also saw that he met with ownership earlier today to discuss his future and the future of the franchise.

Last edited:
I don't follow the Greek Freak, but I just read that he unfollowed the Bucks and all of his teammates on his Instagram account. Odd timing.. or is it?

Edit: Also saw that he met with ownership earlier today to discuss his future and the future of the franchise.

No inside info on the meeting with Lasry (the other owners apparently weren't there), but Giannis unfollows people like this every year. Obviously doesn't mean he's staying or anything but point is there's no reason to pay any attention to his social media.

I'm not convinced that the Heat are that great. They have shooters, but lack the creators outside of Butler.

Boston has underrated 3 point defence. The Raptors had some good lucks at a few critical junctures in this series, but overall the quality of their 3 point looks in this series over 48 minutes was quite a bit lower than normal. It was not only about missing shots, but the quality of shots.

I have the Celtics in 6. Would have had the Raptors in 6 or 7 had they won tonight.
I think the heat are very good actually. Celtics I give the slight edge due to more star power up top, but the heat are legit. People talk about the rockets and how they are built for their specific strategy but the heat also have a very legit roster for what they do. They play Bam as the primary big typically but there are plenty of shooters around him. Butler is not nearly the scorer harden is but he’s a fantastic and versatile defender. There is a reason Miami is winning games where butler only scores in the mid teens. He does a variety of things and the team has people to fill the scoring void.

I agree dragic is playing way better than you might expect, but I’m not surprised by their successes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom