NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 205 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

I’ve been critical of Westbrook in recent years in my friend group, some are huge supporters. It sounds crazy given the man averaged triple doubles but when he gets off his strength (transition, paint aggression) and starts doing too much, complete liability. He had a solid year because he stopped shooting so much! great talent but he lets his emotions get the best of him and tries to do it all.

Was having a debate with my buddy who is a Heat fan he tried telling me he would take Butler over Jayson Tatum.

I was shocked. I said Butler is probably the 2nd best player in this series but I would take Tatum over Butler.

Was having a debate with my buddy who is a Heat fan he tried telling me he would take Butler over Jayson Tatum.

I was shocked. I said Butler is probably the 2nd best player in this series but I would take Tatum over Butler.
I know you're a Celtics fan but yes, Butler > Tatum.

And that's not taking anything away from him. He's really good.

But Butler wills his teams to be better than they are and win more than they should.

I know you're a Celtics fan but yes, Butler > Tatum.

And that's not taking anything away from him. He's really good.

But Butler wills his teams to be better than they are and win more than they should.
Butler can’t shoot.
Tatum is a better shooter.
Tatum’s defense is better now.
Butler is not better.
Tatum is going to be all NBA 2nd or 3rd team.

Butler may squeak onto 3rd team.

Even if I weren’t a Celtics fan I would take Tatum over Butler. He does more.

Butler can’t shoot.
Tatum is a better shooter.
Tatum’s defense is better now.
Butler is not better.
Tatum is going to be all NBA 2nd or 3rd team.

Butler may squeak onto 3rd team.

Even if I weren’t a Celtics fan I would take Tatum over Butler. He does more.
Butler dragged the T'Wolves to the playoffs.

Butler dragged the T'Wolves to the playoffs.
That team underachieved.
It had a lot of talent.

KAT, Wiggins, Teague.
Butler is a good player.

My all nba ballot for this season

First team

G: LeBron James
G: James Harden
F: Giannis Antetokounmpo
F: Kawhi Leonard
C: Anthony Davis

Second team

G: Chris Paul
G: Damian Lillard
F: Luka Doncic
F: Jayson Tatum
C: Nikola Jokic

Third team

G: Ben Simmons
G: Jimmy Butler
F: Pascal Siakam
F: Khris Middleton
C: Rudy Gobert

That team underachieved.
It had a lot of talent.

KAT, Wiggins, Teague.
Butler is a good player.

First team

Second team

Third team

That team was crap while Butler was hurt, and they've done nothing since.

Look, I'm not saying I understand it. His game has some limitations. But he makes his teams win. I don't know if Tatum does that. Could you throw him on a team and know with 100% certainty that they'll compete? You get that with Butler.

Before this past offseason, I was hoping the Clippers would bring in Leonard and Butler. That was under the assumption that George was off-limits. So when it wound being Leonard and George, it was even better than what I hoped.

Now I’m not so sure. With Leonard and Butler, the Clippers could have easily swept Dallas and Denver. That’s not on a knock on George’s talent. Butler brings something to the table from a mental standpoint that few players can match. That’s what’s missing from this Clippers team.

Having said that, I first saw Tatum play when he was a freshman in HS. Like George, he’s more talented than Butler. Way to early to know what kind of mental edge he’s going to have over the other stars in this league.

That team underachieved.
It had a lot of talent.

KAT, Wiggins, Teague.
Butler is a good player.

First team

Second team

Third team

Think you have to look at players in tiers since the positions matter more for the all nba teams.

Here are my tiers:

LeBron tier:
LeBron

Someone you are banking on to be a title contender every year once they hit their prime or are now in their prime:
Giannis
Luka
Kawhi
Steph*
KD*

*Assumes these guys have prime years left post-injury.

Guys that are good enough for MVPs, but you aren't really sure they can get you to the promised land (winning the Finals) with them being THE GUY:
Harden
AD
Dame
Jokic

Guys that might make a jump, but right now you're talking about hoping or are just better than the guys in the next tier:
Butler
Tatum
Klay (note, I'm assuming Klay can be back to 100%. I don't care what the guys in the next group can do, Klay can get you 60 on 11 dribbles and go NBA Jam from three. That matters nowadays).

Guys that will or might make All NBA teams but have a hard ceiling at this point in their careers:
CP3
Mitchell
Embiid
Simmons
PG 13
Kyrie
Siakim

Yes, I purposefully omitted Russ, Middleton, Lowry, etc.

Tough to pick between Tatum and Jimmy. Both good to have on your team. Tatum is younger and a better scorer, Jimmy probably checks more boxes total.

Think you have to look at players in tiers since the positions matter more for the all nba teams.

Here are my tiers:

LeBron tier:
LeBron

Someone you are banking on to be a title contender every year once they hit their prime or are now in their prime:
Giannis
Luka
Kawhi
Steph*
KD*

*Assumes these guys have prime years left post-injury.

Guys that are good enough for MVPs, but you aren't really sure they can get you to the promised land (winning the Finals) with them being THE GUY:
Harden
AD
Dame
Jokic

Guys that might make a jump, but right now you're talking about hoping or are just better than the guys in the next tier:
Butler
Tatum
Klay (note, I'm assuming Klay can be back to 100%. I don't care what the guys in the next group can do, Klay can get you 60 on 11 dribbles and go NBA Jam from three. That matters nowadays).

Guys that will or might make All NBA teams but have a hard ceiling at this point in their careers:
CP3
Mitchell
Embiid
Simmons
PG 13
Kyrie
Siakim

Yes, I purposefully omitted Russ, Middleton, Lowry, etc.

Tough to pick between Tatum and Jimmy. Both good to have on your team. Tatum is younger and a better scorer, Jimmy probably checks more boxes total.
Solid post. I think you have George two tiers too low, though. He was a finalist for MVP and DPOY a year ago.

Solid post. I think you have George two tiers too low, though. He was a finalist for MVP and DPOY a year ago.

Fair critique. He's just been MIA a few times that makes me a little nervous. But his talent is legit, no doubt.

Butler will be 32 by the time next season begins. If he was to "make the jump", wouldn't he have done it by now?

Yeah, maybe it's more of a single playoff series or two with him. But I also think you take him over the others at this point in the next level down.

Meaning, for example, If I were Kawhi, I'd rather have Butler going into game 7 with me tonight than PG 13. I know PG 13 has hit higher levels throughout his career, but Jimmy is the guy you want with you right now.

Jayson Tatum’s son cleared quarantine today.
I expect Tatum to be more motivated tonight:

I think it’s funny Jimmy Butler is running a coffee shop out of his hotel room.

20 bucks for a glass no matter the size.

Too lazy to check & see if this was already posted but, if so, sorry.

F9B3CDD2-8B68-477C-9EE5-F829F3DD83CE.jpeg

Jimmy Butler is 31 and Tatum is 22. They both have similar stats and the same number of titles.

I'll take Tatum.

It’s crazy how midway through this season, Crowder decided he was done with being a below average shooter and would just start being the best shooter in NBA history instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom