NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 233 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Interesting. Think heat are a much better matchup than Celtics for someone who wants lakers to lose.
Butler’s offensive game is predicated upon drawing fouls. That won’t work against Lebron & Co.

And Dragic won’t get away with his wardoffs and histrionic flops

Depth wasn’t the issue in the playoffs.
Miami has completely reduced their rotation.

Olynyk didn’t play. Nunn didn’t play.
Jones didn’t play.

The depth isn’t why the won.
They won because their starters and Herro outplayed Boston.

This game Iguadala gave them a bonus. Iguadala was awful in game 4 and 5. Tonight he was the difference.

Depth won’t matter in the Finals.

Miami is playing 8 guys.
Boston played 8 as well.
Grant Williams and Brad Wanaker were still playing.

Depth doesn’t mean 10 guys. It means the guys who did play are better than the guys who Boston played.

And I like Grant and Wanamaker. Hard working guys. Aren’t the scoring threats they need to be.

Andre Iguodala having this type of game was clearly an outlier. But veteran guys who have been there before have those games.

And I like Grant and Wanamaker. Hard working guys. Aren’t the scorer threats they need to be.

Andre Iguodala having this type of game was clearly an outlier. But veteran guys who have been there before have those games.
Iggy can also defend LeBron.

Grant Williams and Brad Wanaker were still playing.

Depth doesn’t mean 10 guys. It means the guys who did play are better than the guys who Boston played.
Miami played 8 guys. Really 7
Their starters and Iguadala and Herro.

Boston played their starters then Heyward and mixed in Grant Williams/Robert Williams and Wanamaker.

Miami’s depth isn’t why they won. They won because they outplayed the Celtics and were the smarter team and their coach was better.

Boston has more talent.

Iggy can also defend LeBron.
Butler, Crowder, and Iguodala will be thrown at him. Will he still go off for 25/10/10? Sure might. That’s what great players do. Doesn’t mean the defense was necessarily bad. Miami has options and not only that, a coach who has won twice with this same guy they are game planning for.

Boston has more top talent. The depth is critical as we saw. And we can’t underestimate the veterans Miami has given the veterans LA has.

Lakers would be favored against anyone from the East. They have Bron abs AD. That doesn’t matter. They should win.

Heat have a better coach than the Lakers.

You can’t be playing Marcus Smart 36 min and expect to be vying for a title. Wanamaker? Williams? Theis?

If youre asking me which team I want to take on the Lakers who are steamrolling in the playoffs, I’ll take the Heat, their three point shooting, Bam, Spo, Herro and Jimmy to at least have a puncher’s chance. They have nothing to lose. AD will have more pressure on him than ever before.

the Lakers should roll. They two first team all nba players. But give me the Heat to not know any better and give them a chance.

Lakers would be favored against anyone from the East. They have Bron abs AD. That doesn’t matter. They should win.

Heat have a better coach than the Lakers.

You can’t be playing Marcus Smart 36 min and expect to be vying for a title. Wanamaker? Williams? Theis?

If youre asking me which team I want to take on the Lakers who are steamrolling in the playoffs, I’ll take the Heat, their three point shooting, Bam, Spo, Herro and Jimmy to at least have a puncher’s chance. They have nothing to lose. AD will have more pressure on him than ever before.

the Lakers should roll. They two first team all nba players. But give me the Heat to not know any better and give them a chance.
Completely.

I love what Miami and the nuggets did. But we got cheated (figuratively) with the Bucks and Clippers losing.

Lakers were one of the favorites all year so props to them. But they got some serious benefit from other teams not holding up.

I mean give me a break... Lakers have two all nba players? Is LeBron James great? Clearly. But come on.... another all nba talent!

Jimmy Butler is going to will the Heat to be crowned champion.

No team has accomplished more in these playoffs.

They already beat the favorite. The Lakers are just the next team in the way.

It's going to be really fun watching Tyler Herro's cannon ball sized nuts abuse the LA guards.

He's still pretty young by NBA coaching standards too. Wouldn't be crazy for him to coach another 10-15 years or so.

holy cow did a I have an old man moment. This I his ***fifth*** finals.

I totally blanked on the losses to the Mavs/Spurs.
Five appearances and at least two titles.

dang.

dang.
Yeah but I didn't even realize there was something there to correct, plus I feel like coaches get bonus points when they bring completely different teams to the finals.

I will say... I feel like if the Lakers win, the sentiment will be that the championship is legit (even though they avoided both the Bucks and Clippers), but if the Heat win, there'll be a little bit of a bubble asterisk.

I
Jimmy Butler is going to will the Heat to be crowned champion.

No team has accomplished more in these playoffs.

They already beat the favorite. The Lakers are just the next team in the way.

It's going to be really fun watching Tyler Herro's cannon ball sized nuts abuse the LA guards.

Speaking of Herro’s nuts, he’s going out with Kuzma’s ex! The plot thickens.

I don't watch the Celtics enough but Stevens was their biggest mismatch this series.. What does he do? I get the out of bounds genius but for the rest of the game he is a non-entity.

dang.

But is it better to make the finals and lose or lose before you get there entirely? A 2-3 Finals record isn't as impressive as 2-0! I'll hang up and listen.

But is it better to make the finals and lose or lose before you get there entirely? A 2-3 Finals record isn't as impressive as 2-0! I'll hang up and listen.

Feel like there is Bron commentary in there, haha.

I will say this about the Heat this year, Since they beat the Bucks and Cs, I hope people consider this a legit trip the Finals. Even Indy wasn't a bad team.

I will say this about the Heat this year, Since they beat the Bucks and Cs, I hope people consider this a legit trip the Finals. Even Indy wasn't a bad team.
Miami by far earned this Finals trip.
No asterisk at all.

They are going to have cap room. They are going to be good for a while.

Miami by far earned this Finals trip.
No asterisk at all.

They are going to have cap room. They are going to be good for a while.

I think in retrospect, beating the Cs will look really good, as well. While I think they have another leap to make it to title contender, have Tatum, Brown, Kemba and partially Hayward is still legit. And even tho I thought Spo outcoached Stevens, Brad is still a top coach.

To your other point, it sure seems like Miami would be a very appealing team for hooking up one more star piece to it.

I know AD will get his points, but I just want to see Bam on the big stage to see if he can best him one or two games in this series.

I'm also ready for Tyler Herro's insane confidence against this team.

Again, I think the Lakers will win. Bron is just on another level, which is amazing since he was drafted in the same year "In Da Club" hit #1 on the Billboard charts.

Yeah, just a reference to the stupid MJ-LeBron argument lol. I still think MJ was better regardless but that argument in particular is dumb.

Definitely an impressive run from Miami; can't take that away from them. Obviously we'll never know how things might have panned out if the hiatus didn't occur/the bubble wasn't a thing, but they certainly earned their way to the finals.

Will be interesting to see how they handle these next two offseasons. I suspect they'll most likely just re-sign Dragic and Crowder to relatively massive 1 year deals to kick their cap space down the road one more year and hope for the best in 2021. Despite the Bucks' public confidence that Giannis will sign on the dotted line this offseason, I still suspect him to hit free agency before hopefully returning to Milwaukee but we'll see. If Miami misses out on Giannis, I tend to think the 2021 free agent class is a lot more lackluster than people think. The restricted guys like Tatum, Adebayo, and Fox are almost certainly staying put. I tend to think LeBron, Davis, Kawhi, and PG13 all stay put as well. At that point, it's basically Giannis, Gobert, Oladipo, Jrue Holiday, Gordon Hayward, and DeMar DeRozan as the expected top players available. Obviously Miami isn't bringing in Gobert with Bam already in place, so if not Giannis, I'm not really sure anyone there is worth giving a max contract to.

Miami’s weakness was Crowder/Iguadala spot.
They can use another wing.

If Miami had a Jaylen Brown type they could beat LA.

I don't get how some fans think Miami is unlikeable...I grew up a Knicks fan and hated the Heat in the 90's and even I like this team. Duncan Robinson is the most unlikely NBA Finals starter probably ever. Butler was a 2nd round pick who worked his arse off to become an All-Star level player. Jae Crowder was a 2nd round pick who spent time in the G league. Herro and Bam are exciting up and coming players. Spo is an elite coach who started out as a video coordinator. Everything about this team is blue collar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom