NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 235 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Kawhi is cleaning house, eh?

Promote Lue? MDA? If Van Gundy wants to come back, is this the place?
No white coach will be hired for this job, especially after Nash.

Last edited:
Not

No white coach will be hired for this job, especially after Nash.

There’s like 5 black head coaches in the whole league.

Not talking about any one job, but big picture wise...considering that most coaches are ex-players...and most players are black...logically there should be more black coaches.

There’s like 5 black head coaches in the whole league.

Not talking about any one job, but big picture wise...considering that most coaches are ex-players...and most players are black...logically there should be more black coaches.
You’re absolutely right, there should be. I don’t see this gig going to a first-time coach, though, so it’s probably going to be Lue. If that’s the case, I want to see an All-Star collection of assistant coaches, like the early days with Popovich in San Antonio. McMillan and Alvin Gentry would work. Keep Rex Kalamian. Hire Phil Jackson as an advisor. Maybe another former coach or two to sit behind the bench.

Jeff Van Gundy would be a terrible hire for either Houston or the Clippers.

However it would get his mouth off TV.

Superstar players won’t want to play for him.

When you fire a good coach you have to believe the Clippers know who they are hiring.

Smart flops more than 99% of players

Yeah, not sure about the Dragic thing. Smart and Lowry have the flopping titles.

I really enjoy watching this Heat team. They aren't scared of anyone. Nor are they scared to change things up, which is awesome to watch. Bam is a legit center for this current era of basketball. I think he can put a scare into AD who has never been on a stage like this.

I enjoy Jimmy (even though I don't think he's a super duper star level), like Herro and I do like Dragic.

Heat definitely are underdogs, but they won't go down without throwing some haymakers and trying to pull out every trick in the book.

They’ll re-sign Morris. Could let Harrell walk. 50/50 on trading Lou.

Morris has been on 6 teams and basically has never been on a team more than 2 years or so.

If you're trying to fix the locker room, not sure re-signing him is the best move.

Yes, this year was disappointing, but you still have Kawhi and PG which should attract quality role players.

Jeff Van Gundy would be a terrible hire for either Houston or the Clippers.

However it would get his mouth off TV.

Superstar players won’t want to play for him.

When you fire a good coach you have to believe the Clippers know who they are hiring.
I agree, so it’s probably Lue. It does sound like JVG is being considered, though.

Morris has been on 6 teams and basically has never been on a team more than 2 years or so.

If you're trying to fix the locker room, not sure re-signing him is the best move.

Yes, this year was disappointing, but you still have Kawhi and PG which should attract quality role players.
The problem is there aren't a lot of quality role players available this offseason and the Clippers won't have cap space. Morris is the best starting-caliber player they can sign with the money they have available.

Who said anything about fixing the locker room? That stuff is overrated. The Warriors locker room was a mess once they added Durant. Shaq and Kobe hated each other. You don't have to get along to win. Do the Clippers need to work on their on-court chemistry? Yes. Do they need to work on their mental toughness? No question. I don't think Morris jeopardizes any of that. With his defense and shooting, they need him.

Smart flops more than 99% of players
I acknowledge Smart flops but he isn’t the same type of player as Dragic.
Dragic embellishes all contact.
Smart is a flopper. Smart is like a Draymond Green player. Those players are hated by the opponent because of grittiness.

Dragic is the type I hate how he plays.

It's a good thing Smart doesn't embellish contact
Okay. I said Smart is a flopper. Every time he drives the ball he doesn’t exaggerate contact to try and trick the ref into calling a foul.
Or lean into defenders while shooting 3’s.

Dragic’s game is more annoying.
Smart flops. I already admitted it. I can’t wait for Rondo to give Dragic a hard foul for trying to trick refs into calling something weak.

I hate retread hires by organizations - I know the Clippers are too close to winning to chance it but a new name would be nice. There is a reason why all of these guys got fired.

Danny Ainge should trade Brad Stevens contract to Indiana and rehire Doc Rivers.
Stevens is an Indiana native and would probably do that.

Danny Ainge should trade Brad Stevens contract to Indiana and rehire Doc Rivers.
Stevens is an Indiana native and would probably do that.
No

Okay. I said Smart is a flopper. Every time he drives the ball he doesn’t exaggerate contact to try and trick the ref into calling a foul.
Or lean into defenders while shooting 3’s.

Dragic’s game is more annoying.
Smart flops. I already admitted it. I can’t wait for Rondo to give Dragic a hard foul for trying to trick refs into calling something weak.
Oh you mean dirty a** Rondo? Yeah

Brad Stevens is one biggest reasons I feel the Celtics struggle in these close playoff games.

He is too passive. Nurse and Spo destroyed him in adjustments and in game coaching.

Mannix on Boston Radio just suggested

Myles Turner, Jeremy Lamb, for Marcus Smart, Romeo Langford and the 14th pick:

Not sure I like this type of deal.

Mannix on Boston Radio just suggested

Myles Turner, Jeremy Lamb, for Marcus Smart, Romeo Langford and the 14th pick:

Not sure I like this type of deal.

I get why teams are interested in Turner, but I tend to think he doesn't impact the game as much as you'd think he would; at least not yet. Maybe it clicks with another team though.

Brad Stevens is one biggest reasons I feel the Celtics struggle in these close playoff games.

He is too passive. Nurse and Spo destroyed him in adjustments and in game coaching.
And doc had better players and didn’t get as far. Doc had his run in Boston. Brad will figure it out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom