NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 248 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

I think trading Kuzma for a similar level guy that’s a better 3 point shooter should be explored.

Need to try to get better shooting without dismantling our elite defense - the looks are just so good when you play with LeBron and AD. Need guys who can bury them.

I wonder if Melo finds his way to LA this time?

I think trading Kuzma for a similar level guy that’s a better 3 point shooter should be explored.

Need to try to get better shooting without dismantling our elite defense - the looks are just so good when you play with LeBron and AD. Need guys who can bury them.

I wonder if Melo finds his way to LA this time?

I hope after getting the chip this year you can at least level up on some supporting cast (and KOC notes it in the article) with the bandwidth you have.

Lot worse situations to be in than playing with Bron and AD, coaching by Vogel and living in LA for a lot of vets that are looking for a title.

I hope after getting the chip this year you can at least level up on some supporting cast (and KOC notes it in the article) with the bandwidth you have.

Lot worse situations to be in than playing with Bron and AD, coaching by Vogel and living in LA for a lot of vets that are looking for a title.
Doesn't that feel like they'd be setting the team up for disaster once LeBron hangs them up? I think dumping Kuzma is a bad choice.

Doesn't that feel like they'd be setting the team up for disaster once LeBron hangs them up? I think dumping Kuzma is a bad choice.

IMO, Lakers will just look to re-load with a huge FA signing once Bron hangs them up. I'm not worried there. They have a great brand, based in LA, plenty to work with.

I don't think Kuz is a valuable player for them. I think he takes a lot off the table even though he can score.

IMO, Lakers will just look to re-load with a huge FA signing once Bron hangs them up. I'm not worried there. They have a great brand, based in LA, plenty to work with.

I don't think Kuz is a valuable player for them. I think he takes a lot off the table even though he can score.

Yeah, Kuzma is a good player but I don’t think he’s a difference maker in terms of like...when Bron’s gone, he’s not going to be our number 2 guy or anything.

Yeah, Kuzma is a good player but I don’t think he’s a difference maker in terms of like...when Bron’s gone, he’s not going to be our number 2 guy or anything.

The problem with Kuzma is if you don’t trade him, you have to pay him.

Lakers have a bunch of vets on team friendly deals. Rondo and Howard deserve a bump from the vet minimum. Plus they want to preserve cap space for ‘21-‘22. Not sure Kuzma is in the plans.

Will be a fun off-season that’s for sure. I am selfishly convinced the Lakers could take Hughes at 28.

The problem with Kuzma is if you don’t trade him, you have to pay him.

Lakers have a bunch of vets on team friendly deals. Rondo and Howard deserve a bump from the vet minimum. Plus they want to preserve cap space for ‘21-‘22. Not sure Kuzma is in the plans.

Will be a fun off-season that’s for sure. I am selfishly convinced the Lakers could take Hughes at 28.

Agreed! Hughes is the type of player they could use. Athletic swing man who can shoot, mostly plays off the ball, but he can do a bit off the dribble too. Possibly ready to contribute fairy early in his career, but still has room to get better.

I think Lakers will probably be better next year than this year. A few people have said the similarly themed idea that not a ton of money to be had this off season so the spread between “market value” and “discount for a ring” for a lot of these veterans will be a lot smaller than typical years.

And if you make your living off catch and shoot 3’s, what better situation could you possibly ask for than to be a floor spreader for Bron and AD while winning a ring and living in LA? Those guys saw all those open looks LA shooters had all playoffs and now the Lakers are selling a proven product coming off winning a ring.

Lakers will sign Kyle Kroger this offseason IMO.

Find another shooter and let Howard walk.

Lakers will sign Kyle Kroger this offseason IMO.

Find another shooter and let Howard walk.

They’ll have Bradley back too who sat out the bubble and was a key piece for them during the season. Probably bring Cousins back and hope he can get his body right for the playoff stretch.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they bring Howard back.

I think a Kuzma, Green expiring contract, ‘20 first round pick package could probably get them a pretty good shooter (Hield?).

Then guys like Melo, Gallinari, Joe Harris, Millsap, are out there and maybe they can make it work with a discount?

They’ll have Bradley back too who sat out the bubble and was a key piece for them during the season. Probably bring Cousins back and hope he can get his body right for the playoff stretch.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they bring Howard back.

I think a Kuzma, Green expiring contract, ‘20 first round pick package could probably get them a pretty good shooter (Hield?).

Then guys like Melo, Gallinari, Joe Harris, Millsap, are out there and maybe they can make it work with a discount?

If they got a Gallo or Harris, that would be crazy. Selfishly would love to see Melo get a ring there and do it with a guy he's been competing with for over two decades.

Now if they got Hield… hoooo boy. That would be pretty crazy.

They have the 10 mil exception to spend too. Bradley, Javale and KCP can opt out. Howard was a key piece of this team. Willing to do the physical dirty work AD wouldn’t and shouldn’t have to. He also donated his salary this year. Bring him back.

Bertans, Harris... some shooters out there. Love Melo, but I think he likes his role in Portland. Ariza makes sense to me. Would Ibaka take 10 mil? Trade for Redick?

If they got a Gallo or Harris, that would be crazy. Selfishly would love to see Melo get a ring there and do it with a guy he's been competing with for over two decades.

Now if they got Hield… hoooo boy. That would be pretty crazy.

i don’t think they will trade for anyone who will eat cap space in ‘21 much less beyond that. Or maybe there is a philosophical shift now that they have AD and Bron and they just load up and say forget free agents for awhile.

They have the 10 mil exception to spend too. Bradley, Javale and KCP can opt out. Howard was a key piece of this team. Willing to do the physical dirty work AD wouldn’t and shouldn’t have to. He also donated his salary this year. Bring him back.

Bertans, Harris... some shooters out there. Love Melo, but I think he likes his role in Portland. Ariza makes sense to me. Would Ibaka take 10 mil? Trade for Redick?

The more guys you list, the more optimistic I would be if I were a Lakers fan. Clearly a deep enough pool to run it back with a solid team.

The more guys you list, the more optimistic I would be if I were a Lakers fan. Clearly a deep enough pool to run it back with a solid team.

They assembled this season’s supporting cast in scramble mode after Kawhi’s dog and pony show. They won’t have as much $ to spend this off season but they will have more time and options. And the cache of joining a championship team. They should be better as long as Lebron holds up.

The Heat will be better too. $ to spend. Winning culture. Seems like there will be more teams than ever that can win a title.

It's really sad. His family lives a few blocks from my Aunt. He missed a shot. Even Reggie Miller and Mj missed shots.
Pretty sure Danny missed more shots in these playoffs than Reggie and MJ did in their careers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom