NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 249 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Pretty sure Danny missed more shots in these playoffs than Reggie and MJ did in their careers.
Of course but all the anger is over the one shot he missed something that could happen to anyone.

I wonder if Davis opts out this year, or plays out the option.

he needs 2 more years to be eligible for the 35% max, so maybe he opts out and signs a 2+1? He should probably do a 1+1 though, so he's on the same schedule as Lebron.

Pretty sure Danny missed more shots in these playoffs than Reggie and MJ did in their careers.

I just checked the stats and he actually shot 34% from 3 in the playoffs which isn't great, but still useful. He shot worse last year and I thought he was more important to Toronto than he was the Lakers overall.

I wonder if Davis opts out this year, or plays out the option.

he needs 2 more years to be eligible for the 35% max, so maybe he opts out and signs a 2+1? He should probably do a 1+1 though, so he's on the same schedule as Lebron.

I would say it’s almost a certainty he does a 1+1. Think that’s both the smartest move and the most predictable.

Basically gives him the chance to get paid and see what happens with LeBron before he has to decide if he wants to sign elsewhere or not. Other teams will likely be able to offer a better supporting cast once LeBron leaves but LA is LA so maybe he’ll ultimately stay even when LeBron is gone.

I would say it’s almost a certainty he does a 1+1. Think that’s both the smartest move and the most predictable.

Basically gives him the chance to get paid and see what happens with LeBron before he has to decide if he wants to sign elsewhere or not. Other teams will likely be able to offer a better supporting cast once LeBron leaves but LA is LA so maybe he’ll ultimately stay even when LeBron is gone.

Yeah agree, halfway through what I started typing I realized 1+1 makes the most sense. Stay on the same timeline as Lebron for as long as you can in order to maintain leverage.

If Chicago got their chit together when LeBron retires they should have a chance at Anthony Davis.

It makes sense for him to take a short term deal to get the most money he can.
The cap is going to go down the next 2-3 years I wouldn’t sign a long term deal if I were a superstar except as their first max extension.

Of course but all the anger is over the one shot he missed something that could happen to anyone.

Lakers won, I’m positive nobody cares anymore. And even those who “cared” enough to make threats were likely some 500 pound virgin nerd dorks like CuseRunner.

Green was like 25 % from 3 in the playoffs. That’s basically all he does on offense, so he’s gotta be a lot better. He’s basically the Lakers Trevor Cooney, without the solid ‘16 tourney run at this point.

Lakers won, I’m positive nobody cares anymore. And even those who “cared” enough to make threats were likely some 500 pound virgin nerd dorks like CuseRunner.

Green was like 25 % from 3 in the playoffs. That’s basically all he does on offense, so he’s gotta be a lot better. He’s basically the Lakers Trevor Cooney, without the solid ‘16 tourney run at this point.

Green is kinda odd in a sense. Any fan of a team that has him he will drive you insane. However, he has the games or streaks where he is good enough to be on the floor (especially in the past with D).

Dude is in the rotation in big games and has chips.

Not bad for a dude that almost washed right out of the league early.

Green is kinda odd in a sense. Any fan of a team that has him he will drive you insane. However, he has the games or streaks where he is good enough to be on the floor (especially in the past with D).

Yeah the dude has 3 rings with 3 teams.

Yup! He wasn’t even that good in college and nobody thought he’d be a starter on a champion a decade later. You nailed his game perfectly. Crazy because Wes Johnson played for the Lakers...and I liked him better. Similar defender and overall game and better shooter? What am I missing?

Yup! He wasn’t even that good in college and nobody thought he’d be a starter on a champion a decade later. You nailed his game perfectly. Crazy because Wes Johnson played for the Lakers...and I liked him better. Similar defender and overall game and better shooter? What am I missing?

I was crazy enough to think Wes would, at worse, be a 3 and D guy that would really do well as like the 4th or 5th guy on a good team. Like you said, a more consistent version of Danny Green.

But what do I know, orange-colored glasses.

I was crazy enough to think Wes would, at worse, be a 3 and D guy that would really do well as like the 4th or 5th guy on a good team. Like you said, a more consistent version of Danny Green.

Wes didn't live up to his draft slot, but the guy had a pretty lengthy NBA career and made +$30M, so, I feel like that's a win.

I know after just looking it up- for their careers, Green is 40% from 3, while Wes was 33%. Huge difference and with the stroke he showed at Cuse, it’s amazing Wes was that bad from 3 in the pros.

But with the Lakers Wes was 35 and 37% in his two years. Green was 37% in the regular season. Given how well Wes shot at it Cuse and given he was solid with the Lakers I can’t help but think he would’ve been even better with Bron and Davis. Baffling how he shot so poorly in some of his other pro stops. He was way better than Green in college, more athletic, and even had a prettier looking stroke(Green always looks like some scrub playing knockout that expects to miss).

I know after just looking it up- for their careers, Green is 40% from 3, while Wes was 33%. Huge difference and with the stroke he showed at Cuse, it’s amazing Wes was that bad from 3 in the pros.

But with the Lakers Wes was 35 and 37% in his two years. Green was 37% in the regular season. Given how well Wes shot at it Cuse and given he was solid with the Lakers I can’t help but think he would’ve been even better with Bron and Davis. Baffling how he shot so poorly in some of his other pro stops. He was way better than Green in college, more athletic, and even had a prettier looking stroke(Green always looks like some scrub playing knockout that expects to miss).

Green still has a weird form.

The other thing, by all accounts I've read/heard, Wes is a good dude. Good guy for the locker room. If nothing else, you were getting a guy that would come in, work, be a good ambassador in the community and not cause any headaches.

You're right, maybe if he gets drafted later onto an already solid team or gets to a Bron team earlier, maybe he hits higher on his career a bit.

I just checked the stats and he actually shot 34% from 3 in the playoffs which isn't great, but still useful. He shot worse last year and I thought he was more important to Toronto than he was the Lakers overall.

guess I should have used the sarcasm font...

Danny Green said something interesting postgame on his free agency signing last summer. He said “it was the first time in my career I was pursued in free agency.”

Laker fans complain about him cause he makes 15 mil. He had a good year. Good leader. Also played hurt in the finals. And never used it as an excuse.

I don’t get the Knicks thinking but Celtics and Knicks are talking trading the 8th pick for 14 and 26 picks.

The Knicks must think their isn’t much difference and Boston wants less picks and a better player.

I don’t get the Knicks thinking but Celtics and Knicks are talking trading the 8th pick for 14 and 26 picks.

The Knicks must think their isn’t much difference and Boston wants less picks and a better player.

I'm actually ok with this in this draft. I'm sure the Knicks being the Knicks will still screw it up, but I actually like this.

I think this draft is awful and targeting more cracks at rotation guys is fine with me.

The Yankees have been around 500 years longer and won half their championships when only white guys were allowed to play.
and...
also, since 1951-52, Manchester United has won 18 premier league titles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom