NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 251 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

The question is if the Knicks add one of Westbrook or Paul which is better for them.
I think Paul is a good leader but he is closed to washed up I am not wasting cap space for a vet who isn’t going to make a difference.
Westbrook has some gas left in the tank.

Paul’s a better player alltime.
Westbrook would make the team worse in the long run. Paul was a significantly better player this year in the regular season and playoffs. Sure he's likely closer to being broken down though Russ will be worthless as his athleticism wanes while Paul actually succeeds because of his mind as much as his physical abilities. Paul also would bring a level of respectability and accountability that Russ wouldn't. Westbrook putting up triple doubles on 28 shots a night and 25% shooting from 3 while going 38-44 does nothing to fix the issues and likely exasperates them.

Eh, I don't think he's capable of changing the culture to what they need.

They have team level problems, and organization level problems.

Westbrook could bandaid the team problems for a little while. We know what that looks like. That's what they did when they had Melo (this is not a knock on Melo).

I think Paul can fix the team problems, and has a shot at fixing the org problems. I don't see Westbrook fixing the org problems.

At a certain point, the Knicks need to overhaul perception, but also earn it, by performing better as an organization. Westbrook at best gives them a couple of years as a low playoff seed in the East. I don't think that moves the needle really though.
Plus Paul can hit Jump shots.

Time to bow out of this thread until whenever the next NBA season actually happens. Peace!

Paul can’t fix the organization issues. Those are all related to James Dolan.
Unless Paul can get him to do something like Sterling I don’t think he can do that.
The Knicks need to be viable to become attractive.

I don’t see Paul fixing that. If I were the Knicks I pass on both Paul and Westbrook but if they are going to add a vet and don’t have to do anything but absorb the contract and trade a late first round pick I am doing that for Westbrook over Paul.
Well, ok.

It appears we are at an impasse.

I have negative interest in Westbrook.

Even if you think he projects to be better than Paul next year (maybe? He's younger but also hes not as good) the team is still no good and Russ is not the guy I think is going to maximize the young talent we have. The guy who is one of the best passing players ever, on the other hand...

I have negative interest in Westbrook.

Even if you think he projects to be better than Paul next year (maybe? He's younger but also hes not as good) the team is still no good and Russ is not the guy I think is going to maximize the young talent we have. The guy who is one of the best passing players ever, on the other hand...
Completely agree. Adding Westbrook would negatively effect the team for multiple seasons and provide no benefit beyond winning some meaningless games.

Completely agree. Adding Westbrook would negatively effect the team for multiple seasons and provide no benefit beyond winning some meaningless games.

Will be interesting to see how long Westbrook lasts. Iverson, the guy he is most often compared to, fell off hard after age 32. And he was never able to adapt to not being the star.

obviously Westbrook is not very small like Iverson...but he similarly relies on being insanely athletic and fast, and is not a very good 3 point shooter. Time will tell if he’ll be able to adapt his game once the athleticism starts fading, but it doesn’t seem real promising.

Will be interesting to see how long Westbrook lasts. Iverson, the guy he is most often compared to, fell off hard after age 32. And he was never able to adapt to not being the star.

obviously Westbrook is not very small like Iverson...but he similarly relies on being insanely athletic and fast, and is not a very good 3 point shooter. Time will tell if he’ll be able to adapt his game once the athleticism starts fading, but it doesn’t seem real promising.

Big difference, from what I've read, is that AI's lifestyle wasn't exactly "healthy" in almost any sense.

But until Westbrook can either 1) shoot or 2) realizes what's an efficient shot, he's someone I would stay away from.

So recapping today:

Clips get Lue w/ Chauncey as first assistant.
AD opts out to re-sign with Lakers.
KCP and Rondo opting out.
Morey stepping down.
Westbrook / Knicks trade potential.

Did I miss anything?

Lakers already overpaid KCP with a a 1 year 17 mil contract followed by a 1 year 12 mil contract. Will be interesting to see how Clutch plays this.

So recapping today:

Clips get Lue w/ Chauncey as first assistant.
AD opts out to re-sign with Lakers.
KCP and Rondo opting out.
Morey stepping down.
Westbrook / Knicks trade potential.

Did I miss anything?
If Lue is the answer, the wrong question has been asked.

Big difference, from what I've read, is that AI's lifestyle wasn't exactly "healthy" in almost any sense.

But until Westbrook can either 1) shoot or 2) realizes what's an efficient shot, he's someone I would stay away from.

I'd also say that probably no team needs shooting more than the Knicks do. Their spacing is so bad right now and it's created an impossible situation for RJ to succeed in. Westbrook would only make that worse. Even if CP3 takes a step back next year, it seems pretty much impossible to foresee a scenario where CP3 hurts the already horrific spacing.

I know everyone else here is as interested in the Bucks' offseason as I am, so I'm here to help! The latest rumors:

Shams: An expected strong suitor for Kings restricted free agent Bogdan Bogdanovic: The Milwaukee Bucks, sources said. Milwaukee will pursue additional playmaking and shooting this offseason to bolster the roster around their two-time MVP, Antetokounmpo, and All-Star Khris Middleton.

Zach Lowe: “I’ll give you a team I’m keeping an eye on with Victor Oladipo...Milwaukee. Just keeping my eye on them...that’s all I’m saying, that’s all I’m going to say.”

Brian Windhorst: (talking about a potential Chris Paul-Bucks trade) "I'm not sure it's realistic, because I'm not sure theres a great affinity...well I'm not gonna say."

I know everyone else here is as interested in the Bucks' offseason as I am, so I'm here to help! The latest rumors:

Shams: An expected strong suitor for Kings restricted free agent Bogdan Bogdanovic: The Milwaukee Bucks, sources said. Milwaukee will pursue additional playmaking and shooting this offseason to bolster the roster around their two-time MVP, Antetokounmpo, and All-Star Khris Middleton.

Zach Lowe: “I’ll give you a team I’m keeping an eye on with Victor Oladipo...Milwaukee. Just keeping my eye on them...that’s all I’m saying, that’s all I’m going to say.”

Brian Windhorst: (talking about a potential Chris Paul-Bucks trade) "I'm not sure it's realistic, because I'm not sure theres a great affinity...well I'm not gonna say."

If I'm MIL, I feel like I need to win a title next year or Giannis is walking, my guess would be to the Mavs.

Also, wanting "playmaking" and "shooting" is the strategy for every NBA team.

Oladipo is interesting, but taking a leap of faith. Could be fun though.

Please let CP3 go to the Knicks (I don't care, we need something).

Boston-Golden State talking Marcus Smart and 14 pick for 2nd pick.

There is absolutely no way this would be a final Deal unless that 2nd overall pick is worthless.

There is absolutely no way this would be a final Deal unless that 2nd overall pick is worthless.

Explain?

Who does Boston like? Wiseman? And how does Marcus Smart make GSW any more capable of beating the Lakers or Clippers?

This was from the Lowe Podcast with Simmons, right? The whole pod was about different trades that they had.

I would assume the Cs are more focused on Gordon than anyone else in terms of a trade, no?

With that said, after watchin Smart this year... he definitely had a little too much freedom to shoot in the playoffs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom