NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 253 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

0FDB73B9-5128-45ED-8DD8-AB0F04AA2823.jpeg

In general, not necessarily for Boston specifically, I'd probably go:
  1. LaMelo Ball
  2. Tyrese Haliburton
  3. Killian Hayes
And I'd probably take Okongwu as the top big man, though I'm generally against taking big men towards the top of the draft unless it's an Embiid type prospect just because I think C's are essentially the running back of the NBA. Okongwu to me showed pretty much everything at USC that people expected Wiseman to show in college so I'd rather just take the one that showed it in college rather than the guy that did it in high school and against a couple tiny colleges.

I'd probably go with Deni Avdija, Devin Vassell, Isaac Okoro, and maybe Anthony Edwards ahead of Okongwu/Wiseman/Toppin.
Halliburton is getting mad love from everyone ...I think he’s going to bust .. I don’t think he’s much better than CJ Fair

NBA draft draft news. James Wiseman has told the Timberwolves not to draft him with the number 1 pick.

This is what I have called for players using their power to dictate where they begin their pro careers not bouncing ping pong balls. Good on you young fella.

NBA draft draft news. James Wiseman has told the Timberwolves not to draft him with the number 1 pick.

This is what I have called for players using their power to dictate where they begin their pro careers not bouncing ping pong balls. Good on you young fella.
James Wiseman has power? He played like 3 games at Memphis.

"Hey I know you guys didn't have interest in me anyways, but please continue not having interest in me. Thanks!"

So what do you think of the proposal to start games late in Dec.?

So what do you think of the proposal to start games late in Dec.?

It's weird. Because on one hand the Lakers and Heat were playing less than a month ago, and its a short window to fit the entire off-season into it.

On the other hand, its just two teams that were playing 3 weeks ago. Over a quarter of the league hasn't played since March! And they do want to try and get the league back on a normal schedule as quickly as possible. I'm excited to be let down by the Knicks again

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more it makes sense.

A super short free agency period also could be a lot of fun. There just wouldn't be time to waste. Things would happen fast.

yeah would be like the lockout season in 2012.

What US city will Toronto make their US home when the NBA comes back?
The Canadian government wouldn’t let the Blue Jays play at home.

Updated NBA timeline...
Nov. 18 - Draft
2-3 days later - Free agency
Training camp & 2-3 preseason games
Dec. 22 - 72 game season tips off

71 days is the shortest offseason in sports.
20201107_081557.jpg

Updated NBA timeline...
Nov. 18 - Draft

View attachment 190819
I'm not exaggerating when I say this likely saves professional basketball.

I'm not exaggerating when I say this likely saves professional basketball.
As a fan, I am ready for more hoops (Cuse hoops first though). We always knew the NBA wanted to start their season before Christma$. It's the players that wanted a longer offseason after the bubble (which ended up being a fantastic product and excellent basketball).

What US city will Toronto make their US home when the NBA comes back?
The Canadian government wouldn’t let the Blue Jays play at home.

I've heard Newark thrown out, and I think that makes a lot of sense, there are a bunch of other teams in the area (Knicks, Nets, Sixers, Boston, Wash) so the travel wouldn't be that difficult

I've heard Newark thrown out, and I think that makes a lot of sense, there are a bunch of other teams in the area (Knicks, Nets, Sixers, Boston, Wash) so the travel wouldn't be that difficult
I had heard Louisville as a strong possibility but that is sounding unlikely now. Some other cities that have been thrown out there are Rochester, Hampton Roads, and Kansas City.

Updated NBA timeline...
Nov. 18 - Draft

View attachment 190819
It's not a true off-season, because the season was so short,but it's still not very long.

sorry that your guy lost
A. There was no strike, was my point.
B. I think every citizen should vote.
C. I don't know why you think you know me, or have the right to assume who I voted for. If you must know, and it it seems like that's important to you, for some odd reason, my woman lost.
I have not voted for a major party Presidential candidate since 1980. Since that time, I have always voted Libertarian for President, and whenever possible, third party for any other office.
If people on both sides would stop blindly voting party, and instead look to policy and platform (her #1 being bring our troops hope and stay out of other countries' business) Jorgenson would have received a lot more support. Anytime I can vote for less government, I do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom