NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 252 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

This was from the Lowe Podcast with Simmons, right? The whole pod was about different trades that they had.

I would assume the Cs are more focused on Gordon than anyone else in terms of a trade, no?

With that said, after watchin Smart this year... he definitely had a little too much freedom to shoot in the playoffs.
Exactly
Zach Lowe said Steve Kerr really likes Marcus Smart for Golden State and is a target if they trade the pick.

If Marcus Smart is the best player available for that pick the pick must suck.

Exactly
Zach Lowe said Steve Kerr really likes Marcus Smart for Golden State and is a target if they trade the pick.

Smart, Steph, Klay, Wiggins, Dray to finish in big games? The lack of height is a little worrisome against the Lakers or the Nuggets, but it could be fun.

Who would the Cs look at with #2 or is that just getting packaged up?

Pretty rough with this year's draft. LaMelo not playing college ball, Wiseman barely playing... Tough look.

Smart, Steph, Klay, Wiggins, Dray to finish in big games? The lack of height is a little worrisome against the Lakers or the Nuggets, but it could be fun.

Who would the Cs look at with #2 or is that just getting packaged up?

Pretty rough with this year's draft. LaMelo not playing college ball, Wiseman barely playing... Tough look.
If Celtics get the 2nd pick it has to be Wiseman.
No other top prospect fits them.

If Celtics get the 2nd pick it has to be Wiseman.
No other top prospect fits them.

I'm not really convinced he should even be the first big man taken personally but to each their own. Hard to argue too much with it if all it costs to move up is Smart.

I'm not really convinced he should even be the first big man taken personally but to each their own. Hard to argue too much with it if all it costs to move up is Smart.
May I ask who are your top 3 prospects in this draft and top big?

The consensus I am reading is that Boston would be more inclined to say no if the deal is Smart and 14 for 2.

I find that crazy. Smart isn’t that good.

May I ask who are your top 3 prospects in this draft and top big?

The consensus I am reading is that Boston would be more inclined to say no if the deal is Smart and 14 for 2.

I find that crazy. Smart isn’t that good.

In general, not necessarily for Boston specifically, I'd probably go:
  1. LaMelo Ball
  2. Tyrese Haliburton
  3. Killian Hayes
And I'd probably take Okongwu as the top big man, though I'm generally against taking big men towards the top of the draft unless it's an Embiid type prospect just because I think C's are essentially the running back of the NBA. Okongwu to me showed pretty much everything at USC that people expected Wiseman to show in college so I'd rather just take the one that showed it in college rather than the guy that did it in high school and against a couple tiny colleges.

I'd probably go with Deni Avdija, Devin Vassell, Isaac Okoro, and maybe Anthony Edwards ahead of Okongwu/Wiseman/Toppin.

Exactly

There is essentially no difference between #2 and about #7 in this draft so getting a definite solid rotation piece and another lotto ticket at 14 is probably about the right value.

Lol. The chances that Dion and JR were involved has to be really high.

The Athletic did a survey with 20 NBA Agents. Always interesting to see what they think. NBA agent survey: 20 reps talk star trades, free agency, draft, bubble, best GMs

There's too much to copy it all, but a quick summary:

Player/Coach that changed your mind the most in the bubble: Jimmy Butler/Jamal Murray
Highest Profile Player to Change Teams: Chris Paul got 5 votes, Beal got 3.5. Kawhi Leonard notably got a vote from an agent saying he hears they're going to blow that thing up.
Franchise That Needs to Make a Move: Philly (Milwaukee as the runner up)
Will Giannis Stay: 18 said he'll stay. 1 said he'll sign with the Knicks. 1 (maybe Giannis' agent?) abstained.
Most Intriguing Prospect: LaMelo Ball (also some love for Kilian Hayes, Obi Toppin, Devin Vassell, and Patrick Williams)
What will GS do with the #2 Pick? 11 said they'll trade it

The Athletic did a survey with 20 NBA Agents. Always interesting to see what they think. NBA agent survey: 20 reps talk star trades, free agency, draft, bubble, best GMs

There's too much to copy it all, but a quick summary:

Player/Coach that changed your mind the most in the bubble: Jimmy Butler/Jamal Murray
Highest Profile Player to Change Teams: Chris Paul got 5 votes, Beal got 3.5. Kawhi Leonard notably got a vote from an agent saying he hears they're going to blow that thing up.
Franchise That Needs to Make a Move: Philly (Milwaukee as the runner up)
Will Giannis Stay: 18 said he'll stay. 1 said he'll sign with the Knicks. 1 (maybe Giannis' agent?) abstained.
Most Intriguing Prospect:
LaMelo Ball (also some love for Kilian Hayes, Obi Toppin, Devin Vassell, and Patrick Williams)
What will GS do with the #2 Pick? 11 said they'll trade it

Actually I heard Giannis's agent was the one who said New York, but maybe thats just the voice in my head.

One other note I had from that survey was Durant had a few (maybe 2?) picks as best player in the league right now, which was really surprising to me. Lebron just won a title, and Durant is coming off an achilles injury, hasnt played yet, and you're gonna take him as the best guy in the league?

If anyone cares what I want for the draft, I think I'd like to see the Knicks come away with Hayes or Vassell.

I'd also say that probably no team needs shooting more than the Knicks do. Their spacing is so bad right now and it's created an impossible situation for RJ to succeed in. Westbrook would only make that worse. Even if CP3 takes a step back next year, it seems pretty much impossible to foresee a scenario where CP3 hurts the already horrific spacing.

They are just such a poorly run team. You draft Barrett, then you fill the team with no shooting and a bunch of PF to make the lane as crowded as possible for him.

Saw an article about how terribly Charlotte has drafted since coming into the league and some of it has been lottery luck. Went in to investigate what could have been if they ended up with the player drafted 1 spot in front of them in each draft. It's pretty spectacular

Charlotte pick - Player picked 1st spot ahead
2004: Emeka Okafor - Dwight Howard
2005: Raymond Felton - Chris Paul
2006: Adam Morrison - LaMarcus Aldridge
2012: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist - Anthony Davis

I don't know if other teams would have something similar to this but in their 1st 8 years they missed out on 4 hall of famers by 1 selection and managed 0 all star appearances. Besides Kemba, the only other 2 solid selections they made were of Tobias Harris and SGA who were both traded on draft night.

Derrick Rose to the Lakers has to be the top rumor I have read about FA.

Knicks may try to pursue Fred Van Vleet but that would be a waste of cap space.

Saw an article about how terribly Charlotte has drafted since coming into the league and some of it has been lottery luck. Went in to investigate what could have been if they ended up with the player drafted 1 spot in front of them in each draft. It's pretty spectacular

Charlotte pick - Player picked 1st spot ahead
2004: Emeka Okafor - Dwight Howard
2005: Raymond Felton - Chris Paul
2006: Adam Morrison - LaMarcus Aldridge
2012: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist - Anthony Davis

I don't know if other teams would have something similar to this but in their 1st 8 years they missed out on 4 hall of famers by 1 selection and managed 0 all star appearances. Besides Kemba, the only other 2 solid selections they made were of Tobias Harris and SGA who were both traded on draft night.

2012 is the real brutal one, they went 7-59 that year and were 13 games worse than any other team, and Davis was the no brainer #1 pick.

2012 is the real brutal one, they went 7-59 that year and were 13 games worse than any other team, and Davis was the no brainer #1 pick.
That was like the Red Wings this year. Far and away the worst team in the league. 1 franchise changer and 2 potential superstars in the draft and they end up 4th in the lotto.

Derrick Rose to the Lakers has to be the top rumor I have read about FA.

Knicks may try to pursue Fred Van Vleet but that would be a waste of cap space.

Rose would be a trade but still more or less the same point. He seems ripe to be traded. I'm hoping the Bucks try to swing a deal for him and Kennard.

Rose would be a trade but still more or less the same point. He seems ripe to be traded. I'm hoping the Bucks try to swing a deal for him and Kennard.

It;s so weird to me, cause Rose was a Knick in 2016-17 and though he had superficially ok numbers, I thought he was pretty bad, but now, a few years later, over 30, and he's...pretty good now!

Every time I hear his name, I always think of this

It;s so weird to me, cause Rose was a Knick in 2016-17 and though he had superficially ok numbers, I thought he was pretty bad, but now, a few years later, over 30, and he's...pretty good now!

Every time I hear his name, I always think of this

Yeah he seems to have figured out how to play with his more limited athleticism finally. He was linked to Milwaukee during the Kidd years and I was vehemently against it but now he's probably one of my top 5 PG targets for this offseason.

So the Miller family is selling the Jazz to Ryan Smith, head of Qualtrics.

I've run in some similar circles to him. Weird dude. Extremely generous, also can be a dick. Will be interesting to see what plays out from this.

So the Miller family is selling the Jazz to Ryan Smith, head of Qualtrics.

I've run in some similar circles to him. Weird dude. Extremely generous, also can be a dick. Will be interesting to see what plays out from this.

Also pretty interesting considering all the bad financials around the league that they went for $1.6 billion

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom