NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

If you run into one of my favorite recent SU players, wish him a Happy Birthday. The big 2-8, three years older than Giannis and two years older than the Brow. Hope there are good or, at least, better times ahead for Dion. L'chaim,

Duncan Robinson 10/14 from three. How BAAAAD is Atlanta at defense?

Duncan Robinson 10/14 from three. How BAAAAD is Atlanta at defense?

I can't believe that guy is a legit NBA player. He was a solid role player at Michigan. Pat Riley has struck gold with he and Kendrick Nunn.

Kawhi Leonard returns to Toronto tonight to get his ring. I suspect Kawhi will get a large cheer during the ceremony. and a mix of boos during the game but not loud.

That Miami team is really, really solid. Handled Toronto relatively easy (although Toronto has struggled recently),

I kinda think it'll be all love from Toronto.

It won't be all love. But it won't be like when Vince Carter left which was deafening boos.

He crushed a lot of people by the way he left. If he had just left on June 30, there would have been little issue. But the week long is he staying / is he coming really crushed some people.

I don't think you realize how insane some of our fans were during that period. And some our insecure 24/7 that the NBA is out to get the Canadian team.

Personally if I was there, he would get all cheers, unless he hit a big shot near the end of the game.

It won't be all love. But it won't be like when Vince Carter left which was deafening boos.

He crushed a lot of people by the way he left. If he had just left on June 30, there would have been little issue. But the week long is he staying / is he coming really crushed some people.

I don't think you realize how insane some of our fans were during that period. And some our insecure 24/7 that the NBA is out to get the Canadian team.

Personally if I was there, he would get all cheers, unless he hit a big shot near the end of the game.
It would have been better if he didn’t consider staying at all?

I was just reading a piece in The Ringer about Leonard’s shot against Philly and Rautins went into the “NBA is out to get Canada” conspiracy theory a bit. Funny stuff. The whole thing is worth checking out if you haven’t already.

So if I told you Harden would drop 55 pts...how many free throws would you estimate he would have taken?

shocker...he only took 5..

20-34 from the field
10-18 from three
5/5 from the line.

but here is the REAL shocker.

Westbrick is 32 /55 in his last three games.

what about this devonte graham..i recall him going off against us that one game...now he's doing it in the nba..not bad for a second rounder.

what about this devonte graham..i recall him going off against us that one game...now he's doing it in the nba..not bad for a second rounder.

Maybe it's just me, but there seems to be a lot more older players/2nd rounders/undrafted players succeeding than ever before. Maybe too much drafting in the 1st round on upside?

Last edited:
Maybe it's just me, but there seems to be a lot more older players/2nd rounders/undrafted players succeeding more than ever before. Maybe too much drafting in the 1st round on upside?

I'd say that's part of it. Another aspect is that players enter so early that it's harder to project them out.

There is also the increased importance on the three point shot in the game now vs even a few years ago. If you can shoot it from three, you're going to get a shot in this league..if you can shoot it AND you have some size and athletic ability, you're going to get a chance at major minutes, even starting..even if you have limited dribbling ability and minimal mid range game.

Maybe it's just me, but there seems to be a lot more older players/2nd rounders/undrafted players succeeding than ever before. Maybe too much drafting in the 1st round on upside?
I think it's evidence that the G League is working at developing prospects and giving them a longer US based development horizon.

If Warriors end up with a top 3 draft pick and wanted to package D'Angelo Russell with it what type of player could they get in a trade?
I am trying to see which young impact players could become available i.e. the next Anthony Davis?

Only guy I could see is KAT. Put KAT next to Steph, Klay, Draymond they are back in Finals contention.

If Warriors end up with a top 3 draft pick and wanted to package D'Angelo Russell with it what type of player could they get in a trade?
I am trying to see which young impact players could become available i.e. the next Anthony Davis?

Only guy I could see is KAT. Put KAT next to Steph, Klay, Draymond they are back in Finals contention.

Warriors' situation actually has gone perfectly. They are tanking without really tanking because the injuries. And they have Russell who can be absolutely thrown into trades.

Amazing actually.

OK. Harden was up to his tricks again last night.

Here is his last game vs Cavs
20-34 from the field
10-18 from three
5/5 from the line.

Here is tonight's game vs Orlando
19-31
10-18 from three
6-6 from the line
54 pts

so in the last two games he's shot
39-64 FG
20-36 from three
11/11 FT
109 pts.

what most stands out is he's only gone to the line 11 times combined in those two games in accumulating 109 pts...

OK. Harden was up to his tricks again last night.

Here is his last game vs Cavs
20-34 from the field
10-18 from three
5/5 from the line.

Here is tonight's game vs Orlando
19-31
10-18 from three
6-6 from the line
54 pts

so in the last two games he's shot
39-64 FG
20-36 from three
11/11 FT
109 pts.

what most stands out is he's only gone to the line 11 times combined in those two games in accumulating 109 pts...

I think he's underrated. I get there are parts of his game that are, uh, not aesthetically pleasing, but some of the stuff that he is doing is out of this world.

James Harden does not make his teammates better. He only cares about points and not winning. And he plays no defense. Where are his rings, lol.

^^^^Mouthbreathers said this about Melo for years, so now I’m saying it about a guy that I don’t like. No shame either.

James Harden does not make his teammates better. He only cares about points and not winning. And he plays no defense. Where are his rings, lol.

^^^^Mouthbreathers said this about Melo for years, so now I’m saying it about a guy that I don’t like. No shame either.
I'm in the same camp.

I'm old enough to remember when LeBron was in high school, had hair, had no children, had no outside shot.

Lakers are fun to watch. Lotta nice parts. Defense is sick, polar opposite of last season. Chemistry seems to be pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Lakers haven't lost a road game so far, No. 1 could well be in the near future. They end a 5-game roadie at Indy Tuesday and -- hello -- at Milwaukee Thursday.

A third of the way into his 17th season, I dare say LeBron's having his best season yet with the best running mate he's ever had, the Brow. Man, I love the frickin' NBA.

I'm old enough to remember when LeBron was in high school, had hair, had no children, had no outside shot.

Lakers are fun to watch. Lotta nice parts. Defense is sick, polar opposite of last season. Chemistry seems to be pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Lakers haven't lost a road game so far, No. 1 could well be in the near future. They end a 5-game roadie at Indy Tuesday and -- hello -- at Milwaukee Thursday.

A third of the way into his 17th season, I dare say LeBron's having his best season yet with the best running mate he's ever had, the Brow. Man, I love the frickin' NBA.

I would not put Davis ahead of Wade.

Wade got a ring with a declining Shaq before ever playing with LeBron. Davis... made the playoffs twice in seven years or something like that.

Wade got a ring with a declining Shaq before ever playing with LeBron. Davis... made the playoffs twice in seven years or something like that.
Things certainly worked out for LeBron & Wade -- two titles -- but what I mean, or am trying to say, is that Davis, at 26, is a better player & complement now than Wade was by the time LeBron arrived.

Last edited:

Wade is awesome, and he did carry them to the title in those playoffs, but Shaq was first team all NBA in 06. He was still pretty damn awesome.

Though I do think it's possible Anthony Davis right now is better than Wade was in the 2010-14 time frame. Davis really is unbelievable.

I think Wade is probably the third or fourth best 2 guard ever? Which is pretty amazing for a guy who couldn't really, like, shoot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom