NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

I am totally in on it as an idea, i love it conceptually, but I'm not sure how it would really work.

Take Draymond, I guess the Warriors could get some stuff for him, but like, presumably he goes to a good team who is trying to make a deep playoff run, are the Warriors really going to love the idea of him playing all these minutes for someone else, on their dime?

I'm not totally familiar with how loaning players works, but I assume that not only would the Warriors not be paying Draymond's salary for that season, they'd also be getting something more than that from the team they've loaned him too (cash, draft pick(s) etc.).

I'm not totally familiar with how loaning players works, but I assume that not only would the Warriors not be paying Draymond's salary for that season, they'd also be getting something more than that from the team they've loaned him too (cash, draft pick(s) etc.).

In soccer I think it's usually done for younger players who they want to get more playing time or more veteran guys the team doesn't have a spot for. (I think)

If the NBA is going to go full European soccer with the cup system and less games.
Go all in and start a promotion/ regulation system. The NBA could expand by 20 teams easily if they really wanted to grow the game.
They could have a European division.
Mexico.

Loan system/ team academies replacing college basketball could easily happen.

Don’t look now but the NBA East is getting deeper.
Add Durant to to Brooklyn it would be 7 deep even though I believe Milwaukee is a heavy favorite to come out.

Let’s get ready to r-u-m-b-l-e!

Bucks favored by 4.

I suspect the Lakers will win, I'll still feel the exact same way about both of these teams as I do now, and the media will be freaking out about it.

Add Durant to to Brooklyn it would be 7 deep even though I believe Milwaukee is a heavy favorite to come out.

And the Knicks are 3-3 with Miller coaching!

Raptors lost 3 starters to injury after last game. None out for the season, but all look to be 10 game (or about) injuries in Siakam, Gasol and Norm Powell.

Hopefully Fred Van Vleet is back next game.

The East is equal to the West right now. Entering today, they are playing exactly 500 winning% against West teams.

Bucks are right up there with Lakers + Clippers.
After those teams, the next tier in the East is just as good as the next tier in the West.
West has 2 teams in the playoffs right now below .500. The East only has one.

Giannis made 5 3's last night. If I'm doing this search right, his prior career high was 4, which he had done just one time. So, that could be a problem if it's anywhere near legit. He's taking over 5 per game this year and making 33.8%, which isn't good or anything, but it's nearly average.

Shades of Hakim's crotch in Royal Ivey's face.

Ja's a joy to watch. Twenty years old. My goodness.

I dare think this No. 2 overall pick is going to have a longer career than the No. 1 pick, Zion.

With dunk attempts like that, maybe not! Guy flings his body around.

I'm ready to call that the greatest dunk in NBA history. Don't even care that he missed it

With dunk attempts like that, maybe not! Guy flings his body around.

I'm ready to call that the greatest dunk in NBA history. Don't even care that he missed it

Love how Love reacted on Twitter.

Speaking of Love, Cavs may try to deal him & his big contract. Where to? He is from Oregon, there is a team in Portland, I think they could use him.

Giannis made 5 3's last night. If I'm doing this search right, his prior career high was 4, which he had done just one time. So, that could be a problem if it's anywhere near legit. He's taking over 5 per game this year and making 33.8%, which isn't good or anything, but it's nearly average.

I might be wrong, but I think he’s around 37% if you subtract the first 4 or 5 games of the year, and I believe he’s over 40% this month.granted they’re all open 3’s but still, that’s super scary.

Love how Love reacted on Twitter.

Speaking of Love, Cavs may try to deal him & his big contract. Where to? He is from Oregon, there is a team in Portland, I think they could use him.

They could definitely use him but I don’t know how they really make it tasty enough for Cleveland without including CJ and I don’t think they want to do that.

It’s pretty tough to find a realistic landing spot for him honestly.

Somethings missing from Philly. Routed by Dallas at home with Luka sitting out.

They could definitely use him but I don’t know how they really make it tasty enough for Cleveland without including CJ and I don’t think they want to do that.

It’s pretty tough to find a realistic landing spot for him honestly.
Phoenix only team that has the assets and possible need.
He fits the Lakers if they moved Kuzma for him.

I might be wrong, but I think he’s around 37% if you subtract the first 4 or 5 games of the year, and I believe he’s over 40% this month.granted they’re all open 3’s but still, that’s super scary.

He was walking into 3's Thursday night too! (I just checked, he's about 36% if you don't count the first 5 games. Then again, he was 5-8 on Thursday, but was also 1-6 the game before that, so insert shrug emojii here)

I do find it...something, that he seems to be approaching average from 3 point land at the same time his ft% has fallen off a cliff.

Somethings missing from Philly. Routed by Dallas at home with Luka sitting out.
Two thoughts. First, coming into the season Philly's roster seemed a little goofy from the start. Tons of talent, but mismatched. So whatever result they get game to game doesn't really surprise me.

Second, I think Carlisle is an all-time great and generally underappreciated.

Two thoughts. First, coming into the season Philly's roster seemed a little goofy from the start. Tons of talent, but mismatched. So whatever result they get game to game doesn't really surprise me.

Second, I think Carlisle is an all-time great and generally underappreciated.

Ben Simmons lack of improvement has to be pretty concerning. He’s good but flawed...and has not improved an ounce.

Ben Simmons lack of improvement has to be pretty concerning. He’s good but flawed...and has not improved an ounce.
It's jarring when a player has a combination of such obvious upside and such obvious limitation.

Hot take: the only difference between Ben Simmons and early Billy Owens is that they let Ben run point(Billy had Tim Hardaway).

I made the comparison before the draft, but people like to forget how good young Billy was and wanted to shoot for the moon and talk Magic Johnson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom