NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 64 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Bucks have had the easiest SOS so far this year, and around 5th-10th for the rest of the year based on various measures.

Not too discredit them. They are the league's best team, but it will be very unlikely they keep the same pace to finish the regular season as they started.

I think they finish somewhere between 67-70. They can get 70 but it will have to be a goal of their team and they push hard for it. But I suspect preparing for the playoffs will be more important for them.

Bucks are 52-9 this year but 0-2 against the Miami Heat.

Now obviously the Bucks are still the
favorites to win the East but I had the Heat ML tonight.
South Beach curse and a back to back made the Heat +115 good odds for me.

Knicks showed the problem with Rocket small ball last night. Going to be interesting how that plays out in the playoffs with the off days and prep time.

Also the Knicks need to stop alpha-ing Julius Randle. He was the Rockets best guy down the stretch last night.

James Dolan is bound & determined to destroy the Knicks and their brand. Why go after Spike Lee, of all people. Spike should do the right thing & take his talents to Crooklyn.

Bucks are 52-9 this year but 0-2 against the Miami Heat.

Now obviously the Bucks are still the
favorites to win the East but I had the Heat ML tonight.
South Beach curse and a back to back made the Heat +115 good odds for me.

One of the football guys I follow was talking about how it was easy money betting on the Bucks last night and I was like "ah, that's why you're a football guy."

Can the NBA eminent domain the Knicks from James Dolan?
Give the guy 5 billion dollars and let him go away. The league could sell the team for that amount.
I should write a spec script about sports fans encumbered with a horrible owner that set up a series of comical hijinks in an attempt to put said owner in a comprising position so the league has the leverage to force the owner out. Hilarity ensues.

You would watch the Hell out of that. You would.

There should be a rule that if you miss the playoffs five years in a row the franchise gets demoted to the G league. Ridiculous.

I did not know Caris LeVert existed until a minute ago when I read he dropped 51 last night.
He's gonna be the 3rd piece next to KD and Kyrie next year if any of the 3 can stay healthy.

The Toronto Raptors message board I go too is currently obsessed with why Patrick McCaw is playing so much.

Its to the point that someone posted that fans should go on a hunger strike, and I question whether it is actual proposal of a maniac or great sarcasm.

I read a quote about a month ago from some knicks executive.

Mentioned that the Knicks should emulate the Raptors. Thought it might be how they drafted well, developed well, found gems outside of the draft, had a team of good defenders. Nonsense on my part -- it was none of that. Nope for that exec, emulating the Raptors was getting an influential music guy like Drake into the organization.

I read a quote about a month ago from some knicks executive.

Mentioned that the Knicks should emulate the Raptors. Thought it might be how they drafted well, developed well, found gems outside of the draft, had a team of good defenders. Nonsense on my part -- it was none of that. Nope for that exec, emulating the Raptors was getting an influential music guy like Drake into the organization.

LOL.

Though, you know, hiring their President would've been a good start in a plan to emulate them

James Dolan is bound & determined to destroy the Knicks and their brand. Why go after Spike Lee, of all people. Spike should do the right thing & take his talents to Crooklyn.

Spike didn't attend tonight's game vs the Jazz as promised. I thought a better look would have been him in a Mitchell jersey or a throwback Stockton or Malone and rooting openly for the Jazz from courtside.

Spike didn't attend tonight's game vs the Jazz as promised. I thought a better look would have been him in a Mitchell jersey or a throwback Stockton or Malone and rooting openly for the Jazz from courtside.

I'd love to see Spike do the right thing and raise enough gelt to buy out Dolan. The situation in NY ain't gonna get any better soon.

Luka was ridic last night. He put Jrue on skates in OT.

There is no one I would take to start a team over him with the exception of *maybe* Giannis.

Luka was ridic last night. He put Jrue on skates in OT.

There is no one I would take to start a team over him with the exception of *maybe* Giannis.
That was a great game - used it in my never ending debate with my crew who says the college game is better.

I was watching Clippers/Rockets last night and then randomly turned to an NBA Hardwood Classics game on NBATV (1976 Finals, Celtics vs. Suns).

The 1976 game looked like it was being played in slow motion compared to today.
1967-1976 was the worst era in NBA history.
The ABA was taking NBA stars and the product suffered for it.
Stars like Dr. J, Rick Barry, Marvin Barnes, George Gervin, Artis Gilmore, Moses Malone and a bunch of really good players were in ABA and not the NBA which watered down the NBA product.

That 1976 Phoenix Suns made the NBA Finals at 42-40. It wasn’t a good team it was mediocre.

The league got better after the merger and then 3 years later Magic and Bird came into the league.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom