NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 66 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Warriors home games on Tuesday and Thursday will have no people in the crowd.

lol do people not realize you don’t die from coronavirus unless you are older and not in good health.
My god we are losing our minds.
You couldn't pay me enough money to live in California. I'll even take our weather instead.

Is there any chance the officials don’t completely screw up the NBA playoffs? It’s brutal.

Warriors Arena is in San Francisco

I haven't seen anything else about the Warriors playing before no fans, and the article says it refers to city owned arenas, Warriors own theirs, so I dont think it applies

Handled the Bucks and Clippers. Bring on the playoffs.
I’m sure you can count on six threes from Bradley night in and night out in a seven-game series.

I kind of hope the Clips win just to see the hundreds at the parade
It’s LA. All the bandwagon fans will come out of the woodwork, leaving their Lakers jerseys hanging in the closet and their Lakers car flags tucked away in the trunk.

How’s that small ball working out for Houston? Teams are getting more offensive boards than Houston is defensive

Have lost to Knicks , hammered by clippers , hammered by Charlotte , hammered by magic

It’s LA. All the bandwagon fans will come out of the woodwork, leaving their Lakers jerseys hanging in the closet and their Lakers car flags tucked away in the trunk.

ha true. Getting to be Laker car flag season.

Handled the Bucks and Clippers. Bring on the playoffs.
Bucks lose again, Lakers now 2 back of Milwaukee for best record in league, home court in the post-season.

Love Patrick Beverly's life story, his game and his swag. Hard to believe he believes what he's saying here, though.

Bucks lose again, Lakers now 2 back of Milwaukee for best record in league, home court in the post-season.

Love Patrick Beverly's life story, his game and his swag. Hard to believe he believes what he's saying here, though.

Bucks were looking forward to playing Nuggets tomorrow night. Don't think Lakers will catch them but the Bucks have some tough games coming up.

Bucks were looking forward to playing Nuggets tomorrow night. Don't think Lakers will catch them but the Bucks have some tough games coming up.
[/QUOTE]

Gonna be tough to catch --- or pass -- the Bucks for best overall record, but looks more doable today than it did not long ago with Giannis out at least two games. Either team could win on the other team's court, though, so No. 1 seed in the league is not the be-all, end-all.

As for the Lakers' big weekend, let's not underestimate the Dion Effect. :)

Last edited:
Bucks are +190 at Denver tonight. I can't believe the Bucks are looking at a 3 game losing streak.
Lakers I thought would beat them.
Phoenix yesterday put up 140. I wonder if its the Mile High advantage. That line is fools gold.

Bucks are +190 at Denver tonight. I can't believe the Bucks are looking at a 3 game losing streak.
Phoenix yesterday put up 140. I wonder if its the Mile High advantage. That line is fools gold.

No greek freak

No greek freak
I know he was out these 2 games but the depth of the Bucks was supposed to be why they were smashing point deferential records.

I was thinking about taking them but I don’t like the Mile High Factor. Denver and Salt Lake are tough places to play a back to back at.

I know he was out these 2 games but the depth of the Bucks was supposed to be why they were smashing point deferential records.

I was thinking about taking them but I don’t like the Mile High Factor. Denver and Salt Lake are tough places to play a back to back at.

I think it might have something to do with the 70 win season dream crusher ...

Without our best player, on the road against one of the best teams in the league. It's not surprising that we're underdogs. I think we can win this one but we should be underdogs.

If the Lakers take over the overall 1 seed from Milly, and Bron is leading the charge, does he get MVP?
Yes. I am not a LeBron James fan but to the victor goes the spoils. If the Lakers get the overall 1 seed I think LeBron should get the MVP.

If the Lakers take over the overall 1 seed from Milly, and Bron is leading the charge, does he get MVP?

Should or will he?

Whether or not he should depends on how much time Giannis misses. Giannis is so far above LeBron in all the stats and metrics that it shouldn't be a debate if he returns within a couple games. If he ends up only playing like 65-70 games, then I think they can give it to LeBron.

Otherwise there just isn't a logical argument to be made for him. You never know with the media though.

Warriors home games on Tuesday and Thursday will have no people in the crowd.

lol do people not realize you don’t die from coronavirus unless you are older and not in good health.
My god we are losing our minds.

I think responses like this may be too focused on the individual -- not saying selfish in any means, because I think you have no bad intentions in your response and are trying to resist the real paranoia concerns and the negative impact it causes.

But I think the decision to hold sporting events is not just about individual risk.

What if you catch it, exhibit no symptoms because you are healthy, and pass it to one of your elderly relatives or just other people in the community. You are in good health, but now you have put strain on the community you are returning to and its health resources.

If I was told there are 5 people with coronavirus that are randomly placed at a game. One answer I can give is -- it doesn't really bother me, the risk of contact is low, and by the random chance I get it I can fight it. Or is that not thinking about the people they will ultimately get the flow through impact not only at the event but those returning to communities after the event.

In my view, Sporting events need to be more than an individual assessment of risk. And at the end most consumers of sports ultimately are via TV anyway and that will still be available.

Of course does cancelling sports events than create a bigger panic than required. All very difficult questions, with I don't think any easy answers.

Last edited:
Without our best player, on the road against one of the best teams in the league. It's not surprising that we're underdogs. I think we can win this one but we should be underdogs.
"We?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom