NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 75 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Green is the most overrated player in the league, maybe ever.

I think he was perfect for the role he was playing, but he will never be a lead scorer.

The thing that made the Warriors the warriors maybe more than anything else was the death lineup, and I think his defensive versatility was probably the key to making that lineup happen.

I think he was perfect for the role he was playing, but he will never be a lead scorer.

The thing that made the Warriors the warriors maybe more than anything else was the death lineup, and I think his defensive versatility was probably the key to making that lineup happen.
For sure. But does anyone think he could ever be a legit leading player? I mean look at this season. Yes he was injured but couldn’t even average 10!

Anyone read that Levert, Dinwiddle, and 2 first rounders for Bradley Beal rumor?

I’m not sure that makes the Nets better.

Anyone read that Levert, Dinwiddle, and 2 first rounders for Bradley Beal rumor?

Knicks have a bunch draft capital the next 3 years and young talent they could match or exceed any nets offer. Mitchell Robinson and RJ barrett the only untouchables.

I don’t think it matters who the Nets get. Irving is made of glass and both he and KD are moody when they don’t get their way. Don’t see that team ever winning a title.

Durant is not an alpha. Hes a beta. Really hes an omega when he left okc to go to Golden state. He was a beta when he left golden state and followed kyrie to Brooklyn. As the reports go Durant and Irving were going to the knicks until kyrie backed off turn durant followed him to Brooklyn.

I don’t think it matters who the Nets get. Irving is made of glass and both he and KD are moody when they don’t get their way. Don’t see that team ever winning a title.

Agree. I don’t see the leadership being there to steer things through the tough times. And as you said...injuries. Kyrie getting hurt is pretty much a given, but there’s also a very real question if KD will be able to be the same player. I hope he is, but we’ll see.

Dinwiddie provides valuable Kyrie injury insurance, and is a guy who can fit into a bench role if everyone is healthy.

And I’m not sure how much better Beal is than a healthy Levert? He’s better, but THAT much better to where you give up two good players and two first rounders?

For sure. But does anyone think he could ever be a legit leading player? I mean look at this season. Yes he was injured but couldn’t even average 10!

Definitely not.

He's also not the player now he was a few years ago, I don't know if he's just not motivated enough or he's in decline as a player or what. He's young, but he has the, uh, body type that may not age well

If you think of Scottie Pippen as the ultimate #2 guy, Green is probably the ultimate #3 guy. He can't be your leading offensive guy, he probably can't be your leading #2 guy offensively either, but as his best, he's a first team all defense guy who can cover multiple positions and is a great passer. Being on a great team like the Warriors the last few years highlights what he's great at and minimizes his lesser qualities. On a worse team, the opposite is true

Definitely not.

He's also not the player now he was a few years ago, I don't know if he's just not motivated enough or he's in decline as a player or what. He's young, but he has the, uh, body type that may not age well

If you think of Scottie Pippen as the ultimate #2 guy, Green is probably the ultimate #3 guy. He can't be your leading offensive guy, he probably can't be your leading #2 guy offensively either, but as his best, he's a first team all defense guy who can cover multiple positions and is a great passer. Being on a great team like the Warriors the last few years highlights what he's great at and minimizes his lesser qualities. On a worse team, the opposite is true

Agreed. And Green is probably a guy who is way underrated by some, and way overrated by some because of all that you said.

He was extremely important to some of the best teams ever and a very versatile and unique player.

But yeah, it was the perfect fit BOTH ways.

And he’s not that good of a player anymore. Short peak.

I am not quite sure I realized this, but Beal is averaging 30.5 points a game this year. Not saying hes amazing necessarily, but I would not have guessed 30 points a game.

Agreed. I was thinking 26/27.

He’s very good and in his prime. That big 3 would give them 3 guys who can all be number 1 scoring options on most teams. If it all gelled and they were healthy, they could be a nightmare to play against at a given time. I just have a hard time seeing that being a championship core though on a big picture level.

And a ton of guys in the league if given the opportunity could have filled that role. With many less faux tough guy technicals.

I’m trying not to get ahead of myself, but it’s really difficult not to get incredibly excited about the possibility of the NBA returning. Even though it obviously won’t be as good without fans. But I’m a guy who watches summer league games. I’d be THRILLED to be able to watch basketball again.

I’m trying not to get ahead of myself, but it’s really difficult not to get incredibly excited about the possibility of the NBA returning. Even though it obviously won’t be as good without fans. But I’m a guy who watches summer league games. I’d be THRILLED to be able to watch basketball again.
Summer league is a blast though.

Durant’s a loser. Top 5 scorer all time imo but give me Kawhi or Lebron.

That would be a terrible deal for the nets. Marx should be fired if he does that.

KD had back to back finals stat lines of: 35, 8, and 5 and 29, 11, and 8.
When you’re supported by the best 3 point shooting duo in history and a bench as deep as the warriors had, that’ll happen.

I’m not saying that Durant’s not historically great. Im just saying put on even teams, give me Lebron or Kawhi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom