NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 74 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

It will be interesting if they try and take the obvious negative and try to make some kind of positive (try out some new things, like a new season schedule)

Isn't there a possibility they can get this season done and stilk start next December anyway?

I am a little torn, they are so relatively close to the end of the season, I would hate to throw that away and start from scratch. On the other hand, I guess no matter what, everyone is going to look at whatever form these playoffs take as a gimmick and not totally legitimate anyway, so maybe just give up on them.

Though the obvious elephant in the room is the tv money, they're going to do anything they can to get some kind of playoffs done
The players coming back after 50+days is just not smart and risks a terrible product.

Just cancel it and start the next season. It sucks but its the smartest thing IMO.

The players coming back after 50+days is just not smart and risks a terrible product.

Just cancel it and start the next season. It sucks but its the smartest thing IMO.

I'm sympathetic to that POV, but I get the sense they really want to have a playoffs/champion. There's a lot of money at stake.

I'm a Knicks fan, so you know, whatever.

I'm sympathetic to that POV, but I get the sense they really want to have a playoffs/champion. There's a lot of money at stake.

I'm a Knicks fan, so you know, whatever.
The owners have a deadline of May 10.
If they don’t cancel the rest of the season by that time then they would be on the hook for the season salaries for the players.
The Force Majeure provision allows the owners to cancel the season and not pay the players anymore of their salaries on by May 10.

If they don’t cancel the season by that date then the season will go on for sure.

The owners have a deadline of May 10.
If they don’t cancel the rest of the season by that time then they would be on the hook for the season salaries for the players.
The Force Majeure provision allows the owners to cancel the season and not pay the players anymore of their salaries on by May 10.

If they don’t cancel the season by that date then the season will go on for sure.
Interesting, so 3 more days

Saw a funny thing in an NBA forum. Dude has been watching a lot of Community on Netflix and he said this NBA season has become the darkest timeline.

About half the league. I still think they might try to restart in July. Just right to playoffs? One more week of regular season? Too many things to consider.

So basically no northeast teams and most of the teams that are further down in the standings aren’t in a hurry to be back: Golden State, Phoenix, Charlotte, Minnesota, Spurs, Bulls, Pistons.

Just read that Jerry Sloan passed away. Bummer. Doesn’t seem like it was that long ago that he was seemingly winning 50+ games every year for like 20 years straight. Life is fast. Too fast.

About half the league. I still think they might try to restart in July. Just right to playoffs? One more week of regular season? Too many things to consider.

I think they need to have some games before they go into the playoffs.

Just read that Jerry Sloan passed away. Bummer. Doesn’t seem like it was that long ago that he was seemingly winning 50+ games every year for like 20 years straight. Life is fast. Too fast.

I know it's just a function of how old I was then vs now, but I was just thinking about him coaching the Jazz in 1998, for instance. He was 56 then, at the time he seemed very old to me. Now I think 56, not that old at all.

I think they need to have some games before they go into the playoffs.

I know it's just a function of how old I was then vs now, but I was just thinking about him coaching the Jazz in 1998, for instance. He was 56 then, at the time he seemed very old to me. Now I think 56, not that old at all.

98...my Lakers won 60+ games, had 4 guys make the All Star team, a prime Shaq...and I thought a finals meeting with the Bulls was inevitable and that we were going to kick the crap out of the Jazz the second time around(they got us in ‘97...but we were young and it was the first year together with Shaq). NOPE. Utah was a friggin machine. Wiped LA right off the floor in 4 straight. Sloan was a beast of a coach IMO. If Malone was more aware and didn’t get stripped by Jordan on the double - I think there’s a strong chance they win that finals.

A year or so ago I ran into him at a restaurant. Was there for lunch with a buddy, we're sitting there and realize a little across the way that Jerry Sloan's just hanging out with a few people in a booth. My buddy's a huge Jazz fan, so we confirm with the waitress that it's him, and she mentions he's a regular and really nice and encourages us to say hi if he's still there when we leave. He was pleasant and didn't seem at all bothered to be interrupted. I will say, he didn't look great health-wise at the time. Father Time's a real brute.

Great coach. An all-timer.

98...my Lakers won 60+ games, had 4 guys make the All Star team, a prime Shaq...and I thought a finals meeting with the Bulls was inevitable and that we were going to kick the crap out of the Jazz the second time around(they got us in ‘97...but we were young and it was the first year together with Shaq). NOPE. Utah was a friggin machine. Wiped LA right off the floor in 4 straight. Sloan was a beast of a coach IMO. If Malone was more aware and didn’t get stripped by Jordan on the double - I think there’s a strong chance they win that finals.

Especially when you consider Pippen would either not be playing a game 7 or very hobbled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom