NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 76 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

If the NBA adopts the top 16 the bracket is insanely harder for Milwaukee than the Lakers.

Bucks would get a first bye with the Magic but the Heat-Thunder second round and Celtics-76ers/Clippers-Mavs on their side versus.

Nets first round, Jazz-Rockets, Raptors-Grizzlies/ Nuggets-Pacers.
I hope the NBA lets teams play a couple more “regular” Season games then does natural East and west playoffs.

KD had back to back finals stat lines of: 35, 8, and 5 and 29, 11, and 8.

Yeah look at the players he had around him. He couldn't do that in OKC. Hes a beta he can't lead a team. Hes such a beta followed another beta to Brooklyn.

If the NBA adopts the top 16 the bracket is insanely harder for Milwaukee than the Lakers.

Bucks would get a first bye with the Magic but the Heat-Thunder second round and Celtics-76ers/Clippers-Mavs on their side versus.

Nets first round, Jazz-Rockets, Raptors-Grizzlies/ Nuggets-Pacers.
I hope the NBA lets teams play a couple more “regular” Season games then does natural East and west playoffs.

It will be interesting, but I’d say all bets are off here. Yeah, it would be considered the “same season” but it’s 4 months later. Team chemistry, health of players, sharpness of players, etc. is all up in the air. There’s no home court advantage for anybody. Who knows, maybe a mid level team will hit the ground running faster than everybody else because more of their players have home gyms and were better able to stay sharp, and they win it?

That would be a terrible deal for the nets. Marx should be fired if he does that.

As a Knick fan I originally wanted Beal but the more I think. Keep the cap space for 4 years from now keep attaining young talent like Barrett, and Robinson and more draft picks and wait for Zion to become a free agent hes gonna learn from AD and get out of New Orleans first oppurtnity he gets.

It will be interesting, but I’d say all bets are off here. Yeah, it would be considered the “same season” but it’s 4 months later. Team chemistry, health of players, sharpness of players, etc. is all up in the air. There’s no home court advantage for anybody. Who knows, maybe a mid level team will hit the ground running faster than everybody else because more of their players have home gyms and were better able to stay sharp, and they win it?
See I think a team like the Blazers could be dangerous in the format they are discussing. A lot of talent that underachieved, they need a chance to
Get into this tournament.
Right now the top 16 the Blazers are one game behind the Magic.

If they are going to do top 16 then teams right behind deserve a chance to get in. However if they are doing east playoffs and west playoffs then the blazers and pelicans sorry no need to play anymore games.

I kinda hate that the season is almost certainly coming back. I mean, if this is how the Bucks win a title, I'll take it, but this postseason will feel so ripe for flukey results/will feel cheapened by the hiatus.

I kinda hate that the season is almost certainly coming back. I mean, if this is how the Bucks win a title, I'll take it, but this postseason will feel so ripe for flukey results/will feel cheapened by the hiatus.

It will definitely get an enormous asterisk, unfortunately.

But...man there’s just absolutely nothing on TV and I miss sports so much. Well, by “sports” I mean basketball and baseball. Memorial Day weekend with no NBA playoffs just doesn’t feel right.

It will definitely get an enormous asterisk, unfortunately.

But...man there’s just absolutely nothing on TV and I miss sports so much. Well, by “sports” I mean basketball and baseball. Memorial Day weekend with no NBA playoffs just doesn’t feel right.

I miss it too, but sports are coming back. I hate that my favorite sport and my favorite player's potential first championship is going to be cheapened by this whole thing. I kinda just wish we'd just hand out the awards and move on to the offseason and live with the "What if?" question that will always hang over this season even if an eventual champion is named.

It makes more sense IMO for football and baseball because at least they're starting the season from Day 1. It's just too weird for me to take multiple months off and then suddenly start up games and just hope everyone is performing the way they did for the majority of the season. Not to mention you have to potentially live with important players refusing to play (ex: Lillard has already said he won't play if the league tries to bring it back for a handful of regular season games before going to the playoffs).

I miss it too, but sports are coming back. I hate that my favorite sport and my favorite player's potential first championship is going to be cheapened by this whole thing. I kinda just wish we'd just hand out the awards and move on to the offseason and live with the "What if?" question that will always hang over this season even if an eventual champion is named.

It makes more sense IMO for football and baseball because at least they're starting the season from Day 1. It's just too weird for me to take multiple months off and then suddenly start up games and just hope everyone is performing the way they did for the majority of the season. Not to mention you have to potentially live with important players refusing to play (ex: Lillard has already said he won't play if the league tries to bring it back for a handful of regular season games before going to the playoffs).

I think Lillard said he wasnt going to play in that scenario if Portland couldn't make the playoffs.

I think Lillard said he wasnt going to play in that scenario if Portland couldn't make the playoffs.
I want the season cancelled as well but the NHL idea for a return isn’t that bad.
24 teams make the playoffs .
Top 4 in each conference get a first round bye.
5 vs. 12
6 vs. 11
7 vs. 10
8 vs. 9
Either best of 3 or 5.

1,2,3,4 in each conference play a round robin to determine a playoff reseeding and then the top 16 play.
It would give the top 4 something to play for while getting into shape and it being less stressful. With no HCA it wouldn’t matter as much.

I want the season cancelled as well but the NHL idea for a return isn’t that bad.
24 teams make the playoffs .
Top 4 in each conference get a first round bye.
5 vs. 12
6 vs. 11
7 vs. 10
8 vs. 9
Either best of 3 or 5.

1,2,3,4 in each conference play a round robin to determine a playoff reseeding and then the top 16 play.
It would give the top 4 something to play for while getting into shape and it being less stressful. With no HCA it wouldn’t matter as much.

I love this idea for the NHL, but mainly because I'm not super passionate about hockey in the first place. It'll be a lot of fun for me as a more casual fan to see how that unfolds, but it's too gimmicky for a sport I actually care about lol.

I love this idea for the NHL, but mainly because I'm not super passionate about hockey in the first place. It'll be a lot of fun for me as a more casual fan to see how that unfolds, but it's too gimmicky for a sport I actually care about lol.

Honestly, I don’t even care what form it comes back in. They can just start with summer league for all I care. Do the playoffs as planned. Do a tourney with the entire NBA like March Madness - lose once and you’re out. I‘ll Watch whatever basketball they put on TV.

People will only consider it an asterisk if someone other than the Bucks/Clippers/Lakers win. If one of those teams win I don't see how there would be one. Interested to see who comes back fat and out of shape.

People will only consider it an asterisk if someone other than the Bucks/Clippers/Lakers win. If one of those teams win I don't see how there would be one. Interested to see who comes back fat and out of shape.
If the Lakers don’t have to go thru the Clippers to get a Finals then this season will have a huge asterisk.
It’s not fair to the teams that made trades for playoff matchups.

The Knicks trade of Morris to the Clippers is the ultimate steal. The Clippers went all-in thinking about the West.
The Clippers playoff road is insane Mavs, Celtics-76ers, Bucks, other side.

That is insane. Silver has to keep it West and East or the perception will be this was done to help LeBron.

If the Lakers don’t have to go thru the Clippers to get a Finals then this season will have a huge asterisk.
It’s not fair to the teams that made trades for playoff matchups.

The Knicks trade of Morris to the Clippers is the ultimate steal. The Clippers went all-in thinking about the West.
The Clippers playoff road is insane Mavs, Celtics-76ers, Bucks, other side.

That is insane. Silver has to keep it West and East or the perception will be this was done to help LeBron.

I guess I don’t understand what the point of reseeding would even be? Why not just keep it East/West?

F
I guess I don’t understand what the point of reseeding would even be? Why not just keep it East/West?
The thinking is Silver wants to scrap conferences and just go top 16 in the future and is using this circumstance to test it out.
The problem with that is it’s just fair to this season.
West teams like Portland and New Orleans aren’t getting a chance to catch Orlando.

If they go 1-16 now it screws the Bucks and Clippers and benefits the Lakers greatly.

F

The thinking is Silver wants to scrap conferences and just go top 16 in the future and is using this circumstance to test it out.
The problem with that is it’s just fair to this season.
West teams like Portland and New Orleans aren’t getting a chance to catch Orlando.

If they go 1-16 now it screws the Bucks and Clippers and benefits the Lakers greatly.

Even long term, I don’t see the point. I like it the way it is.

Even long term, I don’t see the point. I like it the way it is.
If the NBA got rid of conferences before the season I got no problem with that idea.
You play every team 2 times that is 58 games.

Then the other 24 games would be done by a computer or something is fine by me.
Then seed teams 1-16 in the playoffs.

Silver wants to do 1-16 because the bottom couple East playoff teams have sucked while the West bottom playoff teams are stronger and he wants to be fairer.

I don’t care what they do as long as it’s known before doing it.
1-16 right now is garbage to Milwaukee and the Clippers and gives the Lakers an easier path.
If they did East and West it would be more balanced this year.
Teams construct their rosters for matchups known.
A 1-16 as constructed now is BS.

If the NBA got rid of conferences before the season I got no problem with that idea.
You play every team 2 times that is 58 games.

Then the other 24 games would be done by a computer or something is fine by me.
Then seed teams 1-16 in the playoffs.

Silver wants to do 1-16 because the bottom couple East playoff teams have sucked while the West bottom playoff teams are stronger and he wants to be fairer.

I don’t care what they do as long as it’s known before doing it.
1-16 right now is garbage to Milwaukee and the Clippers and gives the Lakers an easier path.
If they did East and West it would be more balanced this year.
Teams construct their rosters for matchups known.
A 1-16 as constructed now is BS.

Those bottom West teams that don’t make it, wouldn’t be winning squat anyways. You’re gonna re-arrange the whole league so a 45-37 Pelicans team can make the playoffs over a 42-40 Magic team or something? Lol, who cares? Theyre all losing in round one 99% of the time anyway.

Those bottom West teams that don’t make it, wouldn’t be winning squat anyways. You’re gonna re-arrange the whole league so a 45-37 Pelicans team can make the playoffs over a 42-40 Magic team or something? Lol, who cares? Theyre all losing in round one 99% of the time anyway.
It’s the owners of those West teams pushing it and Silver agrees with them.
The reason it hasn’t changed yet it is because Eastern Conference owners won’t vote for the change.
Nobody really cared in the 1980s the Western conference until the late 80’s Blazers had no real challenges for the Lakers.

If I wasn't rooting for a team with championship hopes, I'd honestly be all for some of these different ideas. This situation is perfect to try something new that they were considering anyways to test it out; that makes total sense to me.

But as a fan of a team whose title hopes decrease by enacting a format change effective immediately, I don't like it one bit.

Yeah look at the players he had around him. He couldn't do that in OKC. Hes a beta he can't lead a team. Hes such a beta followed another beta to Brooklyn.

This is a pretty dumb thought. In his last 5 postseasons in OKC he avg'd between 28.4 and 30.8 ppg every year while making at least the WCF in 4 of those 5 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom