NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 80 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

I know some have mentioned that the NBA would like to start around or at Christmas time going forward. I haven't seen that other than here. Not doubting those folks, but where are you hearing or reading it from?

Their are over 30 courts at the WideWorld of Sports complex.

I think the intent is for every team to have their own “base” to play at within the complex.
What's going to be the main site? I'm assuming the one they play the old spice classic or whatever they are calling it now.

I know some have mentioned that the NBA would like to start around or at Christmas time going forward. I haven't seen that other than here. Not doubting those folks, but where are you hearing or reading it from?

I don't think anyone from the league has specifically said it, but plenty of people have written about it. Every year, the league basically uses Christmas as an unofficial second opening night (ABC doesn't have any games until then, for instance) and the ratings are good. It just makes sense.

I have seen it several times on the Toronto Raptors Real GM board which is a really busy board. Don't remember the exact sources but probably guys like Woj or similar to him.

The Blazers and some of their players whining has been sad.
Blazers wanted 20 teams with play-ins for seeds 7th and 8 seeds 10 from each conference because they wanted an easier way into the playoffs that way.

Jalen Rose picks the Celtics win the East when the league comes back.

The Bucks losing HCA is huge. They weren’t going to lose an Eastern series because of their crazy record home record this year.

This championship will probably have an asterisk, but it will be earned. The quirks of no homecourt, no fans, who stayed in shape, which teams held it together... it's a different championship, but it's not going to be easy.

This championship will probably have an asterisk, but it will be earned. The quirks of no homecourt, no fans, who stayed in shape, which teams held it together... it's a different championship, but it's not going to be easy.

Totally agree. Friend of mine asked me who I liked to win (considering placing a bet(s) on it) and... I had no idea. Normally I would say i can't really see anyone outside of the LA teams and the Bucks winning, but this is going to be so different than any other playoffs. I was thinking taking a shot at one of the eastern teams in around 10 or 15 to 1 to win it all. I think I've landed on Toronto.

Totally agree. Friend of mine asked me who I liked to win (considering placing a bet(s) on it) and... I had no idea. Normally I would say i can't really see anyone outside of the LA teams and the Bucks winning, but this is going to be so different than any other playoffs. I was thinking taking a shot at one of the eastern teams in around 10 or 15 to 1 to win it all. I think I've landed on Toronto.
Toronto is a good bet nurse is a hell of a coach and they have a championship pedigree.

I feel like this whole situation weirdly plays right into Kawhi's hands.

It's been put out there that Silver wants that. No FB competition,and it early baseball on the back end.

Houston is a good value in this street ball type of mentality.
I think the West is wide open if the Clippers don’t win it.
The Lakers are going to have a tougher road than the Clippers imo.

My thought was pick an east team; at least they would still only need to beat the Bucks, as opposed to having to go possibly go through both LA teams. Plus, assuming Toronto holds onto the 2, the 7 seed in the east is a lot weaker than the 6.

But again, who the hell knows. This is unprecedented.

My thought was pick an east team; at least they would still only need to beat the Bucks, as opposed to having to go possibly go through both LA teams. Plus, assuming Toronto holds onto the 2, the 7 seed in the east is a lot weaker than the 6.

But again, who the hell knows. This is unprecedented.
If the 6 is Philly then I agree with you but if Indiana is the 6 I think the 3 will be fine first round.

I don’t think Brooklyn vs. Indiana is that much different. Indiana overachieved and Brooklyn has injuries.

Philly is the Wild card in the East.
I don’t trust Miami to do anything.
Toronto has a deep team but I would rather play them then Philly.

If the 6 is Philly then I agree with you but if Indiana is the 6 I think the 3 will be fine first round.

I don’t think Brooklyn vs. Indiana is that much different. Indiana overachieved and Brooklyn has injuries.

Philly is the Wild card in the East.
I don’t trust Miami to do anything.
Toronto has a deep team but I would rather play them then Philly.

I think Indiana is way better than Brooklyn, especially with no Kyrie and KD. Oladipo is supposed to be a go, right?

I think Indiana is way better than Brooklyn, especially with no Kyrie and KD. Oladipo is supposed to be a go, right?
I don’t think Indiana is a real threat.
They play hard and that works in the regular season but they aren’t a team that will do anything in the playoffs.

Indiana is better than Brooklyn but they aren’t Philly.

Brooklyn is a worse matchup for Boston than Indiana. The Celtics can’t guard Caris Levert. He owns them.

Harden could average 50 a game, or come back 30 pounds heavier. I'd buy anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom