NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 99 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Michael Porter Jr looking to make a bunch of teams look completely stupid passing on him.
Anytime you can draft Jerome Robinson you gotta do it.

The Clippers had two chances at MPJ and passed. It was so obvious the kid was the a top 3 talent in that draft. Teams always draft for upside and yet he went all to 14 when he shouldn’t have gone below 5.

Bol Bol was all talent as well and slipped.

These teams are stupid in how they draft. If you are going to draft for upside then health as rookies shouldn’t be a concern.

Not sure if there are any Celtics fans here, but in the off chance there are a few- NBC Sports Boston made the colossally stupid decision to let go of long time courtside reporter Abby Chin. I've been a fan of hers for many years. As a Broadcast Journalism grad myself, Ive seen many many of these reporters who really dont bring much to the role aside from being generally vacant scripted interviewers. She was different. Truly engaged with the players and the audience, and I also liked what she did with her social channels both in promoting the team and also building herself out as a complete person.

I created a petition deal this morning that I know almost assuredly won't amount to anything, but figured why not. Can't hurt. Anyone who is down to sign, it would be appreciated

The Clippers had two chances at MPJ and passed. It was so obvious the kid was the a top 3 talent in that draft. Teams always draft for upside and yet he went all to 14 when he shouldn’t have gone below 5.

These teams are stupid in how they draft. If you are going to draft for upside then health as rookies shouldn’t be a concern.
I think the Clippers are going to be OK.

Yup. Pretty sure you, I and several others were saying that on here during those drafts too.

Portland would’ve been a top 4 seed in the West if they had Nurkic and Collins all season.

This is a team that made the WCF last year. And Melo has been a great addition.

I really want Melo in the playoffs...but as a Laker fan, Portland is easily the toughest potential matchup for us in the first round. Memphis, N.O., Spurs, Suns, Kings...I think we handle all those teams easily. Portland will be tough.

Really wish there was a cursing allowed option for these games like there was for the Last Dance. It’s weird when the sound cuts out.

Could not agree more. I want to hear everything. I love hearing the players talk on defense, the benches reaction to big plays, the trash talking...everything. And i want unfiltered.

The sound cutting out is very annoying.

To me, bball is easily the sport that I’m least affected by no crowd. And I love the crowd aspect of it when it’s there...it’s just there’s advantages to having these games played in a smaller gym where you can hear things too. Baseball in giant empty stadiums feels weird. Football will feel even weirder. But hoops - it’s not bothering me at all.

Could not agree more. I want to hear everything. I love hearing the players talk on defense, the benches reaction to big plays, the trash talking...everything. And i want unfiltered.

The sound cutting out is very annoying.

To me, bball is easily the sport that I’m least affected by no crowd. And I love the crowd aspect of it when it’s there...it’s just there’s advantages to having these games played in a smaller gym where you can hear things too. Baseball in giant empty stadiums feels weird. Football will feel even weirder. But hoops - it’s not bothering me at all.
I love having no idiot fans all around the court

Memphis has a .5 game lead on Portland and they have OKC, Toronto, Boston, Milwaukee left.

They need 2 wins to guarantee they don’t fall out of the 9 seed even.
Portland has a decent chance to pass them For the advantage in the play-in tournament.

Porter and bol were absolute steals for Denver in the draft
Porter is an amazing talent and teams always like him. His medicals were really worrisome it scared a lot of teams off.

Porter is an amazing talent and teams always like him. His medicals were really worrisome it scared a lot of teams off.

I think, and I could be wrong here, there was medical + attitude concerns. Same thing as Bol.

And it certainly paid off for Denver.

Not sure if there are any Celtics fans here, but in the off chance there are a few- NBC Sports Boston made the colossally stupid decision to let go of long time courtside reporter Abby Chin. I've been a fan of hers for many years. As a Broadcast Journalism grad myself, Ive seen many many of these reporters who really dont bring much to the role aside from being generally vacant scripted interviewers. She was different. Truly engaged with the players and the audience, and I also liked what she did with her social channels both in promoting the team and also building herself out as a complete person.

I created a petition deal this morning that I know almost assuredly won't amount to anything, but figured why not. Can't hurt. Anyone who is down to sign, it would be appreciated

Done!

I think, and I could be wrong here, there was medical + attitude concerns. Same thing as Bol.

I doubt it was attitude, unless the issue was with arrogance or celebrity.

Correct but porter would have been the number 1 pick. Considering that, and where bol was drafted, the risk to reward ratio were no brainers.

The fact the team is called the Utah Jazz makes no sense to me.

There is nothing Jazz About Utah.

When the Hornets went back to Charlotte the Jazz should have gone back to New Orleans and let Utah pick a new name.

Those mountain uniforms from the Stockton/Malone era atleast are about Utah is about.

They aren’t Jazz but they are Utah.

I hear ya, but...

One team getting lucky doesn't make the others stupid
The NBA draft has become a lottery fest. Teams draft for upside 2-3 years after the draft.
The NBA draft used to bring developed players who could contribute right away. Now it’s like drafting HS kids in the MLB draft they take time.

I am not talking about the very top of the NBA draft but after the top 5.

Michael Porter Jr. was a top 5 talent in 2018. Injuries to back were concern but it was obvious the talent was worthy a being a top 10 pick.

Blake Griffin missed his entire rookie year, several top players miss their first years.
The NBA draft is all about upside. How a team like the Charlotte Hornets or New York Knicks which needed superstar talent didn’t take MPJ and just announce he was redshirting his rookie year was just stupid.
I said it at the time.
Porter when healthy is like Kevin Durant offensively. You gamble on talent like that.
Especially after the top 5.

Denver got a steal.
Losing that last game to Minnesota was good for them.

I gamble on talent like Porter Jr. in the NBA draft.

I hear ya, but...
The state of Utah is not about Jazz music.

That nickname fits New Orleans.
It’s not a big deal but the Utah franchise could change nicknames and it would probably sell more merchandise and find a better nickname.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom