NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 84 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

NBA players have been notified that any player who chooses not to play in resumed 2019-20 season must notify his team by June 24. NBA players have been notified: "Any player who exercises this right will not be disciplined."

Two categories of non-participating NBA players who will not have their salary reduced: “Protected Players” and “Excused Players,” whom are believed to be at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19 from team/experts. June 25 deadline for excused absence.

NBA players have been informed that anyone who leaves the Orlando campus (without prior approval) will be subject to:
- 10-14 day self-quarantine
- Reduction in compensation for games missed
- Enhanced testing (deep nasal swab)

Inside the Orlando bubble, NBA players will have the option of wearing a ring that could help with early detection of coronavirus; track temperature, respiratory and heart rate.

NBA teams Disney hotels based on seeding:
-Grand Destino: Bucks, Lakers, Raptors, Clippers, Celtics, Nuggets, Jazz, Heat
-Grand Floridian: Thunder, 76ers, Rockets, Pacers, Mavericks, Nets, Grizzlies, Magic
-Yacht Club: Blazers, Kings, Pelicans, Spurs, Suns, Wizards

NBA teams have been informed of required positions for 35-person traveling party: athletic trainer; strength/conditioning coach; equipment manager; team security official. Each team can include a player’s private personal trainer, massage therapist, or security.

In NBA's Orlando campus:
- Hotel amenities: players-only lounge (NBA 2K, TVs, gaming), pool/trails, barbers, manicurists, pedicurists
- 24-hour VIP concierge
- Daily entertainment: Movie screenings, DJ sets, video games, ping pong, pool, lawn games
- Players can attend other games

In NBA's Orlando campus:
- Hotel amenities: players-only lounge (NBA 2K, TVs, gaming), pool/trails, barbers, manicurists, pedicurists
- 24-hour VIP concierge
- Daily entertainment: Movie screenings, DJ sets, video games, ping pong, pool, lawn games
- Players can attend other games

How far into this before the “player sneaking out” and/or “sneaking women into the bubble” stories start coming out?

Some more...

The NBA will have two rows on the bench:
- First row: players and coaches; no mask required, but recommended that coaches wear masks
- Second row: other players and coaches; must wear masks at all times (unless active player)

NBA Refs will not be required to wear masks, sources say.

Per NBA health and safety protocols for return: All players, team staff and guests will be required to certify in writing that they will adhere to all pre-arrival rules and league rules while on campus.
Failure to comply with protocols subjects a player to potential discipline such as warning, fine, suspension, and/or removal from the campus.

NBA protocol for positive coronavirus test result:
- Enter immediate isolation/separate location — “Isolation Housing”
- Retest to confirm positive
- Exit isolation after consecutive negative tests and return to activities

The NBA will create an anonymous hotline to report potential violations of protocols in Orlando.

Some more...

The NBA will have two rows on the bench:
- First row: players and coaches; no mask required, but recommended that coaches wear masks
- Second row: other players and coaches; must wear masks at all times (unless active player)

NBA Refs will not be required to wear masks, sources say.

Per NBA health and safety protocols for return: All players, team staff and guests will be required to certify in writing that they will adhere to all pre-arrival rules and league rules while on campus.
Failure to comply with protocols subjects a player to potential discipline such as warning, fine, suspension, and/or removal from the campus.

NBA protocol for positive coronavirus test result:
- Enter immediate isolation/separate location — “Isolation Housing”
- Retest to confirm positive
- Exit isolation after consecutive negative tests and return to activities

The NBA will create an anonymous hotline to report potential violations of protocols in Orlando.
Do the players get to bring their wives AND girlfriends?

It doesn't surprise me at all that there are players trying to make Kyrie look bad
It's kind of their fault for voting him into the player's association as a VP too. If he is that much of a nut job, why would they want him at the table with the owners?

The skeptic in me thinks the LBJ posse is leaking the Kyrie info. He wants this ring.

I think the doctor started with the Sixers in 77 cuz that is when his team lost to Portland in the Finals.

I think the doctor started with the Sixers in 77 cuz that is when his team lost to Portland in the Finals.
im sure he did, i think he played longer than '84 too...im just saying for those 5 years i was a huge 76er fan.

it sorta ruined me for those great celtic-laker battles because i was so in on the Sixers.

i watched them all, some years id kind of root for Bird, others for Magic.

but the playoffs were always great.

then when the big fella came to the Knicks, i swallowed my hate and went all in on the Knicks.

been there ever since.

So is there any chance that if/when the NBA comes back to finish this season that we can have a "That's... that's Boogie Cousins' music!" moment?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom