NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 83 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

I understand where Kyrie is coming from and think he has genuinely good intentions. Having said that, I think the NBA and its players can do a lot more good in terms of helping their communities, raising awareness, and keep the pressure on for real change by playing. When they restart they’ll have a platform with maybe an unprecedented level of eyeballs on it and can take advantage of that as opposed to cancelling the season and then fading into the “out of sight, out of mind” box.

Now if the concerns are about safety with coronavirus and the uncertainty on Florida’s control of the situation that’s an entirely different story. Players should 100% push to make sure they and their families are safe especially when there’s so much unknown about the long term effects of the virus.
Exactly. There are two things at play and shouldn’t be lumped together.

1. legit safety as it relates to the players and how they will dine, socialize, etc

2. current civil unrest/racial tensions

1. legit safety as it relates to the players and how they will dine, socialize, etc

They’re two separate things that are big obstacles when standing alone and then create all kinds of issues when blended together.

For the social piece maybe the NBA gets creative and when they know so many people will be watching they partner with LeBron’s coalition and do PSAs during game for some sort of easy to use interface app to register their fans to vote and push for voter turnout. Then have push notifications or email reminders with more information as the election gets closer. There are people much smarter than me that can probably come up with better ideas.

The health piece I’d want very specific answers and protocol. Unfortunately, as some have said, Florida seems to have a lot of ambiguity around what’s going on. I used to be in Florida and recently moved to CA and people I talk to don’t have a high comfort level around the information they’re getting. It’s hard to grasp that family and friends pose a larger risk to the players than random service workers punching in and out of the clock.

Dame Lillard has been consistent from day one on not wanting to come back.
I don’t blame him his concerns about health at all.
Kyrie coming in the last minute to be Kyrie is just puzzling.

If he wants to fix his community then retire.
What he said yesterday was just hard to digest. Maybe he should give some of his money to his teammates and they all get paid the same.

Per Chris Haynes the NBA restart plan is seriously in jeopardy because of the Kyrie led conference call yesterday.
Conspiracy theory - Kyrie doesn't want LeBron to have the chance to win a title this season, and possibly next, and has found a very creative possibility to run out the clock on LeBron's career.

I don't believe this at all. It just came to mind immediately.

Conspiracy theory - Kyrie doesn't want LeBron to have the chance to win a title this season, and possibly next, and has found a very creative possibility to run out the clock on LeBron's career.

I don't believe this at all. It just came to mind immediately.

These are the kind of takes I've missed without sports.

Fwiw, Lebron wasn't on the call last night. The plot thickens...

I’m still not clear how the nba can pull off the bubble. I get it that the players, coaches and staff will live inside that bubble. Are they planning on sequestering all of the service staff who cook the food, clean the rooms, and all of the other tasks that are required to make hotels and resorts run?
Yes I believe so which puts another monkey wrench in the plan. If your a cook or a hotel bellhop or whoever why are you going to put up with all of that unless you get a raise?

These are the kind of takes I've missed without sports.

Fwiw, Lebron wasn't on the call last night. The plot thickens...
I mean, I think the NBA/Silver can get things figured out and land on something that helps the players feel safe and not completely isolated.

When it comes to the protests, the NBA can make a strong case that the players voice will be stronger with the support of the NBA as a platform than it will be however they try to do things on their own. Plus, there's a power to sports that can energize people.

Of course, Kyrie is weird, so who knows how much influence he actually has or what he's thinking.

Chris Haynes tweeted (i posted it above, wont do it again) that Kyrie said he would stand with the group if they wanted to play. I really do think he mainly wants his voice heard here. Which, like I said before, is very reasonable.

This is such a Kyrie quote. Obviously I'm not with systematic racism either, I totally support him saying that. But fishy? Like he's looking for some kind of conspiracy theory or something.

Chris Haynes tweeted (i posted it above, wont do it again) that Kyrie said he would stand with the group if they wanted to play. I really do think he mainly wants his voice heard here. Which, like I said before, is very reasonable.

This is such a Kyrie quote. Obviously I'm not with systematic racism either, I totally support him saying that. But fishy? Like he's looking for some kind of conspiracy theory or something.
Inasmuch as I believe everyone should have their voice heard, I support Kyrie's voice being heard.

It's just, it's not exactly the kind of voice that's a lighthouse in a turbulent storm.

We are all against the racism but what does that have to do with playing basketball?

Everytime I think of the players living in the bubble for months, I can’t help but think of the Germans brought in to construct the lab in Better Call Saul. They gave them a b-ball court, beer on tap, etc. to help keep them from going stir crazy.

Everytime I think of the players living in the bubble for months, I can’t help but think of the Germans brought in to construct the lab in Better Call Saul. They gave them a b-ball court, beer on tap, etc. to help keep them from going stir crazy.

Gonna be a lot of strip club visits as well. But enough about James Harden

I hate the Pat Tillman comparison. If he hadn't been killed by friendly fire, he'd hate it as well.
It's not just that he died, or how. He walked away from his career. Skipping a few games isn't the same thing.
Now, I think some type of unified message from the players is good, but not skipping games. That hurts a lot of people.
If Kyrie wanted to walk away from the game to work for change, I would respect that much more than a boycott or strike.
The standard is Ali.

We are all against the racism but what does that have to do with playing basketball?
Kyrie gonna Kyrie

I will say, Kyrie was pretty good in Uncle Drew. Enjoyed that movie more than I should have. Not ashamed.

Maybe a little ashamed.

It's not just that he died, or how. He walked away from his career. Skipping a few games isn't the same thing.
Now, I think some type of unified message from the players is good, but not skipping games. That hurts a lot of people.
If Kyrie wanted to walk away from the game to work for change, I would respect that much more than a boycott or strike.
The standard is Ali.
I understand completely about what he did. I spent far more time reading about Pat than I probably should have.

Kyrie is the VP of the players association or something. That’s why he is saying what he is. You seem to be attempting to make more of it than I think it merits.

I understand completely about what he did. I spent far more time reading about Pat than I probably should have.

Kyrie is the VP of the players association or something. That’s why he is saying what he is. You seem to be attempting to make more of it than I think it merits.
That's fair.

I really hope this season finish happens, and I'd be low-key rooting for LeBron to win it. I can't imagine a better addition to give fodder around his legacy discussion than an asterisked ring.

This will be the season that LeBron beats the Bucks, racism, and Covid at the same time!

Interesting...
Is Big Baller Brand still a thing?
I love that your question was if Big Baller Brand is still a thing, and not around the sons just now being welcomed to the family.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom