NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 107 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

Really insightful article about how Snyder's coaching has evolved over the years to produce this year's Jazz offense, which is actually more prolific shooting the 3 than the Warriors.

Really insightful article about how Snyder's coaching has evolved over the years to produce this year's Jazz offense, which is actually more prolific shooting the 3 than the Warriors.

It's early (kinda, it also isn't that early) but to be leading the league in 3PA as well as 3P% is really something. Especially since they don't have (at least to me) one guy you considered a crazy good shooter. Like if you have Steph (maybe hes the only guy that qualifies) taking 10-12 3's per game and makign 44% it's a lot easier to lead the league in %. But they basically have everyone right around 40%.

It's early (kinda, it also isn't that early) but to be leading the league in 3PA as well as 3P% is really something. Especially since they don't have (at least to me) one guy you considered a crazy good shooter. Like if you have Steph (maybe hes the only guy that qualifies) taking 10-12 3's per game and makign 44% it's a lot easier to lead the league in %. But they basically have everyone right around 40%.
Yeah, a lot of above average shooters getting open looks is a nice combo.

Ingles and Bojan, the splash uncles, are probably their best pure shooters.

With the complete lack of creativity in X’s and O’s at the college level, I’ll never understand why some of these coaches don’t do everything in their power to sit down with guys like Snyder and learn these types of concepts and framework as much as possible.

You’d get such a boost on your coaching peers. Especially the programs who know they’ll never be able to recruit the high level talent. This would burn up some of that talent gap.

Luka is roasting BI and Zion. Dallas keeps putting those two in the spin cycle with Luka.

Yeah, a lot of above average shooters getting open looks is a nice combo.

Ingles and Bojan, the splash uncles, are probably their best pure shooters.
Jazz up 17 with a big 1st half vs the Bucks. Jingling Joe with 20 on 6/7 from three and Clarkson with 16. Giannis with only 2 pts so far on three shots

AWS
Jazz up 17 with a big 1st half vs the Bucks. Jingling Joe with 20 on 6/7 from three and Clarkson with 16. Giannis with only 2 pts so far on three shots
Even though Giannis had a big 2nd half the Jazz finished up double digits over the last 26 minutes. Four Jazzmen had 25 or more points. That's a well balanced offense.

Something probably never happened before: The top nine teams in the West are all on winning streaks.

Zion with a reasonably efficient game last night. 36 points on 14-15 shooting from the field.

The guy is crazy. He takes 12.3 shots per game in the restricted area. Andre Drummond is second in the league, 10.4. He is miles ahead of everyone.

He has taken 367 field goals this year

294 (80.1%) in the restricted area
56 (15.2%) in the paint, not in the RA
4 (1.1%) in mid range
13 (3.5%) above the break 3's.

That's it.

Zion with a reasonably efficient game last night. 36 points on 14-15 shooting from the field.

Crazy thing is how much BI was going iso in the second half. They have like two or three moves to make to fix that team.

Crazy thing is how much BI was going iso in the second half. They have like two or three moves to make to fix that team.

Primarily they need better shooters. Zion and Ingram’s lives would be a lot easier if they were playing with a few deadeye shooters from 3.

Texted my friend last night saying Friday was not a great day for that Knicks unprotected Dallas pick. They looked pretty scary

I watched the 4Q of that game last night. Luka did Shaw’s bbq chicken to BI and Zion over and over again. It was startling. He was cooking those guys without breaking a sweat.

Primarily they need better shooters. Zion and Ingram’s lives would be a lot easier if they were playing with a few deadeye shooters from 3.

BI has to go or Zion has to become Draymond.

After watching Zion, he is still bad on defense.

Roster isn’t right.

Roster isn’t right.
It's weird, because that roster looks like it should work, on paper.

Roster isn’t right.

I don't think Adams really works for them.

Zion's defense is definitely an issue though; it seems like we Ingram and Zion the way to go is play the two of them at the 4/5, but how bad is the defense going to be?

FWIW, (and I'm getting different numbers using BBref and NBA.com, but I'll go with NBA.com), the Pels have a defensive rating of 114.0 when Zion plays, and 106.3 when he sits. But it's the minutes when Zion and Adams both are out where their defense has been better.

I was bored and curious, so here are how the various combos of those 3 play without one of the others

Zion and Adams play, Ingram sits (this has happened for 19 minutes all year, so huge grain of salt) +10.3
Adams and Ingram play, Zion sits (232 minutes) -1.9
Zion and Ingram play, Adams sits (again, only 83 minutes) +4.5

The three have played together for 435 minutes and are +3.5.

Might be worth playing Zion and Ingram more without Adams?

With the complete lack of creativity in X’s and O’s at the college level, I’ll never understand why some of these coaches don’t do everything in their power to sit down with guys like Snyder and learn these types of concepts and framework as much as possible.

You’d get such a boost on your coaching peers. Especially the programs who know they’ll never be able to recruit the high level talent. This would burn up some of that talent gap.

Plus the quality of cocaine would be excellent

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom