NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 129 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

A lot of people like to say that the NBA lacks parity, but look at the Top 4 teams in each conference right now...

Nets: never been to a Finals (edit no Finals since early 2000s)
Sixers: one Finals in the past almost 40 years
Bucks: no Finals since 70s
Hornets: never been to a Finals

Jazz: no Finals since 1998
Suns: no Finals since 1993
Clippers: never been to a Finals
Nuggets: never been to a Finals

Very healthy competitive balance in the league right now.

A lot of people like to say that the NBA lacks parity, but look at the Top 4 teams in each conference right now...

Nets: never been to a Finals
Sixers: one Finals in the past almost 40 years
Bucks: no Finals since 70s
Hornets: never won anything

Jazz: no Finals since 1998
Suns: no Finals since 1993
Clippers: never been to a Finals
Nuggets: never been to a Finals
Nets made the Finals back to back years in the J Kidd era. 2002 and 2003.
The East is a 3 team race but the Nets when they are ready for the playoffs may sweep the eastern conference playoffs.
Hornets will not be the 4 seed now that Hayward is hurt.

In the West I still think the Lakers win that conference.

To be fair, I don't believe Giannis played.
Yes. Now I see they are on a B2B. Last night road at Dallas. Tonight home vs Charlotte. Not sure if that's why he didn't play but they are an entirely different team when he is out.

Kawhi, smh

I’m not happy at all that they have Rondo, by the way.
That was the only way they were going to stop Ayton on offense...by embarrassing him on defense.

Don’t forget Boogie...

That was the only way they were going to stop Ayton on offense...by embarrassing him on defense.

Don’t forget Boogie...
Boogie never really played for us though so it’s different. Rondo helped us win it all.

Boogie never really played for us though so it’s different. Rondo helped us win it all.
Rondo had a great game last night.

BTW, I’m going to preemptively state that Beverley should be suspended for his cheap shot on Paul.

Zach LaVine with 39 points at halftime vs the Hawks.
Most points in 1st half since 1996...
1. 42 Kobe Bryant (3/28/03 vs MJ/Wizards)
2. 40 Klay Thompson (12/5/16)
3. 39 Zach LaVine (tonight)

First Bull to score 30 points in the first half of a game since MJ (30) on February 24, 1997 against Portland.

Raptors have 87 points at halftime. Shooting 71% from field. They are up 33.

A-Rod and billionaire Marc Lore are buying the T-Wolves... set to take over in 2023. Purchase price around 1.5 billion.
boy, the "wokeness" of the NBA sure has had a chilling effect on franchise values!

I'm shocked that "former viewers" declaring, to nobody in particular, that they're done with the NBA hasn't bankrupted the league...

boy, the "wokeness" of the NBA sure has had a chilling effect on franchise values!

I'm shocked that "former viewers" declaring, to nobody in particular, that they're done with the NBA hasn't bankrupted the league...
Those same “former viewers” have been ranting about how they “don’t watch anymore” since Larry Bird retired.

They’re really just mad that the league is too black and too foreigner heavy for them.

Those same “former viewers” have been ranting about how they “don’t watch anymore” since Larry Bird retired.

They’re really just mad that the league is too black and too foreigner heavy for them.
Funny you mention Larry Bird, since white supremacists definitely try to claim him as on their side.

I tipped Snopes off to this meme last year.

The T-Wolves could be the team that moves to Seattle.
Their owner was a Minnesota guy.
I hate when teams move but A-Rod and the billionaire use Seattle as leverage to get a new arena or they will go to Seattle.

The T-Wolves could be the team that moves to Seattle.
Their owner was a Minnesota guy.
I hate when teams move but A-Rod and the billionaire use Seattle as leverage to get a new arena or they will go to Seattle.

The T-Wolves are probably the team with the least nostalgic value to other fans in the league, so I say go for it.

Sadly, there are quite a few people in my social circle with IQs of 55 it would seem.

Amazing. That statement 100% reads as something that your miserable, uninformed racist boomer uncle that hasn’t watched a game since 1986 would say.

Amazing. That statement 100% reads as something that your miserable, uninformed racist boomer uncle that hasn’t watched a game since 1986 would say.
Indeed.

It was disturbing how many of my neighbors either posted that, or liked when someone else posted it.

Indeed.

It was disturbing how many of my neighbors either posted that, or liked when someone else posted it.

So many people’s inability to tell what is real and what is fake is beyond scary. I think it’s a hole that the world has gone way too far down to ever come back, too. Just mountains of lies and pure BS being thrown out and lapped up by millions of easily manipulated goobers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom