NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 130 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

What does this mean exactly?

Ii think (think!) it's a measure of the floor spacing the other 4 guys on the court provide when player X is is playing.

So I think you read that as the 4 guys Steph shares the court with are among the worst shooting/spacing groups in the league. I know RJ Barrett ranked really low in this or a similar metric last season./

Kawhi being at the top is a little surprising, but I guess it shouldn't be? Lotta shooting on that team.

What does this mean exactly?

Basically, it is evaluating (and only in play that matters, hence the tabling of garbage time), the four players that are playing WITH the guys listed.

So, basically Kawhi is at Club Med when it comes to spacing.

Steph basically has no help for spacing from his teammates. He may as well be trying to play 8 on 5.

Luka is playing with spacing that is league average.

You can make the argument that Steph's production this season is one of his most heroic. You could also be skeptical of some of the other top guys once the playoffs hit and the games slow down, imo.

Basically, it is evaluating (and only in play that matters, hence the tabling of garbage time), the four players that are playing WITH the guys listed.

So, basically Kawhi is at Club Med when it comes to spacing.

Steph basically has no help for spacing from his teammates. He may as well be trying to play 8 on 5.

Luka is playing with spacing that is league average.

You can make the argument that Steph's production this season is one of his most heroic. You could also be skeptical of some of the other top guys once the playoffs hit and the games slow down, imo.
Interesting no Jazz players on there. I imagine they'd fall pretty high given how they're approaching offense this season.

Also surprising that McCollom isn't giving Lillard more coverage - maybe because McCollom was out for a while?

Interesting no Jazz players on there. I imagine they'd fall pretty high given how they're approaching offense this season.

Also surprising that McCollom isn't giving Lillard more coverage - maybe because McCollom was out for a while?

That list in the tweet isn't comprehensive. So not sure where someone like Donovan would fall.

Re Portland, that would be my guess, as well.

That list in the tweet isn't comprehensive. So not sure where someone like Donovan would fall.

Re Portland, that would be my guess, as well.
Yeah I figured it was just a sample.

I would imagine Gobert would be near the top of the list. i'd think all of the Jazz really.

Zion and Ingram so low...I know it isn't just this simple, but that Steven Adams trade and extension made little sense

I would imagine Gobert would be near the top of the list. i'd think all of the Jazz really.

Zion and Ingram so low...I know it isn't just this simple, but that Steven Adams trade and extension made little sense
See I thought that was a good move. But yeah, something's not right with the Pelicans roster.

See I thought that was a good move. But yeah, something's not right with the Pelicans roster.

I love SVG's commentary, but he has to go.

They need a coach for a young team that can build them up and has a strong enough voice to be like "we're featuring Zion and if you have a problem with it, there's the door."

Zo should be traded (hello, Knicks!). BI should be traded. I'm not sure what to do with Steven Adams. They need to really think about re-doing that roster fully around Zion and just sort of re-setting.

They need a coach for a young team that can build them up and has a strong enough voice to be like "we're featuring Zion and if you have a problem with it, there's the door."

Zo should be traded (hello, Knicks!). BI should be traded. I'm not sure what to do with Steven Adams. They need to really think about re-doing that roster fully around Zion and just sort of re-setting.

The Ingram decision will be real tough. He's really good, he's young, they just signed him.

BUT

I think there is something to building it all around Zion. For as good as Ingram is/will be, Zion is better. And it's possible Ingram/Zion won't totally work; there might not be enough defense there, which means you need to play a defensive 5, which kills the spacing

I think the ship sailed on trading Lonzo though, right?

I think the ship sailed on trading Lonzo though, right?

Yes, sorry, good catch.

I like Zo and he should work for that team. But it's not totally working. But maybe that's on Stan.

Yes, sorry, good catch.

I like Zo and he should work for that team. But it's not totally working. But maybe that's on Stan.
I think it was a big red flag when J.J. Redick made a bunch of jokes to the media about how he couldn't believe he had to deal with SVG again. Because they didn't sound like jokes.

there's a decent chance the Pels can sign and trade Lonzo in the summer. He's restricted

and yes. Send him to NY

there's a decent chance the Pels can sign and trade Lonzo in the summer. He's restricted

and yes. Send him to NY
I feel like Lonzo can work really well in New York now, but if he had to be there at any other point in his career it would have been a dumpster fire.

Surprised to see Embiid at 87%, when he is playing with Ben Simmons who is a high usage player who is the exact opposite of spacing.
Poor Steph. BTW, Luka is league average %, I believe. Found this through r/nba.

The Mavs can't make the next move, but I'm not sure if they can hold the 7 seed in the play in tournament that they don't just want PHX in the first round.

The West is such a crap shoot. If Bron and AD get 100% healthy, then it won't matter what seed they are.

Clips have been playing well recently, too.

The Mavs can't make the next move, but I'm not sure if they can hold the 7 seed in the play in tournament that they don't just want PHX in the first round.

The West is such a crap shoot. If Bron and AD get 100% healthy, then it won't matter what seed they are.

Clips have been playing well recently, too.

Also don't know where Denver is gonna end up, but without Murray maybe some teams will try and face them in rd 1. I do agree the Suns are going to be a team people are angling to face as well. And the Lakers are a total crapshoot, no idea where they finish and no one is gonna want to see them

Saw the Murray injury live and it looked bad but hoped it looked worse than it was. Clearly not. Very unfortunate.

Steph also had his third 50+ pt game this season. Only age 32+ player to have 3 in a season....ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom