NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 142 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

One can’t help but wonder how they let the large market Knicks languish for so long, and how were the Warriors one of the worst franchises in the league...until they weren’t.
This is why I said it's what I've learned living near paranoid Jazz fans.

Could be most interesting and competitive playoffs in a long time. Knicks vs Hawks should be fun and both 6th seeds could advance into 2nd round.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1621248951145.jpg
    FB_IMG_1621248951145.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 39
Not really into the league or analytics like some here, and Jokic is great, but why shouldn’t Steph win MVP?

Lots of great players. The Joker is heavily favored mainly because he does so many things at a high level: passing, shooting, rebounding. 2021 NBA Most Valuable Player Odds
His stats are so crazy for a guy his size. 39% from three. Over 8 assists per game. Over 10 rpg. Nikola Jokić Stats | Basketball-Reference.com
Jokic is the logical choice, but the Warriors went 15-50 last year. Maybe they win 20 games this year without him?

Even still we had a lot of Steph doubters in this thread at the beginning of the season.

Last edited:
Jokic is the logical choice, but the Warriors went 15-50 last year. Maybe they win 20 games this year without him?

Even still we had a lot of Steph doubters in this tread at the beginning of the season.
Anyone who questions how good Steph is should turn in their fan card. Players like he, Kobe, MJ are generational. People line up when they come to town. How many people stop the remote when a Russell Westbrook game is on and he is crazy good. But he doesn't do it for a lot of people.

Not really into the league or analytics like some here, and Jokic is great, but why shouldn’t Steph win MVP?

Jokic has been better this year. The guy has been amazing.

I (obviously) think Steph is great. Not a knock on him. Just more emphasizing how good Jokic has been

I think he should be. Don't care what seed he is. If you replaced him with an average guard that team is fighting for the #1 pick.

I know Jokic has had an incredible year, I know Embiid has as well, but GSW is absolutely relying on guys like JTA for real minutes. JTA! Love the guy, his story is amazing, but come on.

Steph has impacted the game the most since Shaq (not saying they are the best, saying the NBA game fundamentally changed because of each of them).

The only way the Dubs beat the Lakers is with Steph dropping like 50 and hitting 12 threes.

BTW, no issue with Joker winning.

I think he should be. Don't care what seed he is. If you replaced him with an average guard that team is fighting for the #1 pick.

I know Jokic has had an incredible year, I know Embiid has as well, but GSW is absolutely relying on guys like JTA for real minutes. JTA! Love the guy, his story is amazing, but come on.

Steph has impacted the game the most since Shaq (not saying they are the best, saying the NBA game fundamentally changed because of each of them).

The only way the Dubs beat the Lakers is with Steph dropping like 50 and hitting 12 threes.

I'll say this, friends in my Jazz fans circle are universally not looking forward to the likelihood of facing the Warriors as their first round matchup, and it is entirely because dealing with Curry is a problem.

I'll say this, friends in my Jazz fans circle are universally not looking forward to the likelihood of facing the Warriors as their first round matchup, and it is entirely because dealing with Curry is a problem.
I'd rather take my chances with throwing height on him than facing the Lakers. Remember that the Jazz not only scored the most threes in the league but also gave up the least amount.

The Finals MVP is the award that matters. My 2 cents’.

I'd rather take my chances with throwing height on him than facing the Lakers. Remember that the Jazz not only scored the most threes in the league but also gave up the least amount.
Oh I agree, I'd rather the Jazz face the Warriors than the Lakers, just saying my die hard Jazz fan friends aren't enthused if the reward for finishing with the best record in the NBA is a matchup with Curry.

Does anyone with ties to New York know anyone who actually roots for the Nets? Everyone I knew grew up big Knicks fans and is super excited about the Knicks season and their future. I can’t say the same about Brooklyn.

Does anyone with ties to New York know anyone who actually roots for the Nets? Everyone I knew grew up big Knicks fans and is super excited about the Knicks season and their future. I can’t say the same about Brooklyn.

I knew a kid in college who was a Nets, Jets, Mets and Islanders fan. It was like he was purposefully trying to root for the second fiddle NYC teams.

I knew one die hard NJ Nets fan when I was in college and he was the only person I knew that was a legit fan. He was a fan of the Nets like we are of Cuse. He grew up in Jersey, worked in NYC after college.

Outside of that, and having lived in NYC now since 2004, I honestly have never met anyone else that was a true Nets fan.

I knew a kid in college who was a Nets, Jets, Mets and Islanders fan. It was like he was purposefully trying to root for the second fiddle NYC teams.

That is something. I do know a lot of Jets/Mets fans, but all of them also pull for the Knicks. Also it seemed to me that the Devils were the second favorite hockey team in NY before the Islanders.

I believe it was the first season the Nets played in Brooklyn, I bought tickets when the Jazz came to town. I paid something like $30 a seat and we sat 2nd row courtside corner right behind Jamaal Tinsley's family who was on the Jazz at the time and from Brooklyn and it was basically next to the bench. I give credit to the owner for what he has done with the team because that same seat is probably $3000. That picture is how close we sat for like $30 with Tinsley's kid photobombing.

Attachments

• 20121218_202326.jpg
    20121218_202326.jpg
    708.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online