NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 152 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

This Phoenix/LAL game is incredible. The energy in that arena is something else.

Meanwhile, Luka vs the Clips out here wasting away on NBA Siberia.
That’s preferable, the way things are going.

Stupid that game is on nba TV.

Will be sad if the lakers don’t win this series. With their talent and depth and experience and Paul now extremely limited, that would be embarrassing.

I’ll be fascinated to see if Kawhi might actually leave this offseason if things continue the way they seem to be headed. Never really thought he would but my god, 0-2 heading into Dallas.

I’ll be fascinated to see if Kawhi might actually leave this offseason if things continue the way they seem to be headed. Never really thought he would but my god, 0-2 heading into Dallas.

Agree, if Clippers lose in round 1 I don’t see a scenario where some significant changes don’t happen to that roster one way or another. The added layer is that we know so little about Kawhi. I saw some people mention Miami as a good fit who could potentially make room cap wise but who knows how much Kawhi wants to stay in CA.

1622031391812.png

I think he leaves but whoever takes him has to tell him "you get no say in personnel, coaching, etc"

He had a large hand in creating this mess.

I think he leaves but whoever takes him has to tell him "you get no say in personnel, coaching, etc"

He had a large hand in creating this mess.

Yeah it really is a mess. Paul George is play off poop as well at this point. His act is tiresome

The tough thing is I'm not sure there's a better situation for Kawhi to go to unless he wants to play second fiddle to Luka in Dallas (after getting knocked out by Dallas ala Durant to GS) or try to force a trade to Golden State or something.

His other options would seem to be Miami or New York (or New Orleans if he were willing to go to a smaller market). I don't think Miami would be an upgrade in the short-term especially considering the fact that he loves being in California. Likewise with New York and New Orleans, though New York has a lot of flexibility to build the roster out around him.

jncuse got that champagne on ice rn.
2-0 is positive but it’s still too early to gloat. After all I have seen the Kawhinraptors come back from down 2-0 and 2-1 in back to back series. Although don’t mind others posting things.

Last edited:
The tough thing is I'm not sure there's a better situation for Kawhi to go to unless he wants to play second fiddle to Luka in Dallas (after getting knocked out by Dallas ala Durant to GS) or try to force a trade to Golden State or something.

His other options would seem to be Miami or New York (or New Orleans if he were willing to go to a smaller market). I don't think Miami would be an upgrade in the short-term especially considering the fact that he loves being in California. Likewise with New York and New Orleans, though New York has a lot of flexibility to build the roster out around him.

Golden State makes the most sense. Not sure how they make it work though.

Hate to use an overused term but that was a “Gut check time W” for the Lakers yesterday. Davis’s performance was the biggest difference from game 1 to 2. Getting a split in Phoenix is taking care of business. Now gotta continue to TCB at home.

Boston sports fans doing what Boston sports fans do, in regards to Tatum. What a bunch of miserable jerks.

Was able to grab some shitter tix for Wiz/6ers game 4 on Monday night for $50 each. Couldn't pass it up. 1st time living in a city with an NBA team.

Was able to grab some shitter tix for Wiz/6ers game 4 on Monday night for $50 each. Couldn't pass it up. 1st time living in a city with an NBA team.
I can't really speak to basketball games in 2021, but it's a blast even when the Wiz kinda suck. I'm sure it'll be a fun time.

I went to an Atlanta Braves game this past week (which Atlanta won 20-1) and it was so nice getting out to a ballpark again. Definitely looking forward to going to some games in DC once I'm back home.

I can't really speak to basketball games in 2021, but it's a blast even when the Wiz kinda suck. I'm sure it'll be a fun time.

I went to an Atlanta Braves game this past week (which Atlanta won 20-1) and it was so nice getting out to a ballpark again. Definitely looking forward to going to some games in DC once I'm back home.
I went to Wiz/Warriors last month for the 1st game where they allowed fans back in the building and it was decent despite having a crowd of like 20%. Thing that drove me insane was that they cut off beer sales at halftime. Not at the end of half time but at the end of the 2nd quarter. Is that normal? I about lost my mind because I had nursed one for the whole 1st half planning on grabbing another then. Instead sat there drinking water for the 2nd half like I was in church or something.

I went to Wiz/Warriors last month for the 1st game where they allowed fans back in the building and it was decent despite having a crowd of like 20%. Thing that drove me insane was that they cut off beer sales at halftime. Not at the end of half time but at the end of the 2nd quarter. Is that normal? I about lost my mind because I had nursed one for the whole 1st half planning on grabbing another then. Instead sat there drinking water for the 2nd half like I was in church or something.
I'm a weirdo that doesn't like to buy alcohol at sporting events because I want to watch the games with full attention lol (outside of football games where I feel like tailgating is part of the experience) but that does sound weird to me.

I'm a weirdo that doesn't like to buy alcohol at sporting events because I want to watch the games with full attention lol (outside of football games where I feel like tailgating is part of the experience) but that does sound weird to me.

Yeah, I tend to be like that too.

Exception would be football or like a big Saturday hoop game at the Dome where you make a day of it and go to the bars before the game, maybe grab one on the football field before the game, then yeah...in that scenario I’d probably want one more at halftime.

That's weird. Halftime is when you reload on beers!

On Sunday at MSG you could definitely buy beers during halftime.

That's weird. Halftime is when you reload on beers!

On Sunday at MSG you could definitely buy beers during halftime.
No kidding. I'm hoping it was just a Covid rule as it was the 1st game back and may have been intended to keep people sober and from causing a big line of people from forming. This game will be at 50% capacity so hopefully no stupid rules like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom