NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 154 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

0 places I wanted to go more as a kid then the Champion outlet. Just digging through the bins looking for something without errors on it.
Same! Though I would also be happy to find something with a very minor and barely noticeable error that I could get for cheap, because I knew my parents would say yes.

Knicks should never wear alternate uniforms.
Agreed.

Like with the Jazz -- everyone associates their brand with the color purple. And a couple years ago they designed a great uniform that captures the Malone/Stockton era. But now they switched to this strange red/orange/yellow look. I know new jerseys means more revenue, but Nike always tries too hard with its design.

1622126838865.png
1622126856852.png

Just got some HD rabbit ears for $10 so I can catch NBA playoff games on ABC because I paused YouTubeTV for 3 months.

That is all.
Hopefully you got to watch last night Jazz game. What a game. Both teams leaving it all on the floor. Preliminary reports this morning is Donovan's ankle feels good so hopefully he will be able to play more than the 25 minutes he was held to. But what an incredible 25 minutes he played in his 1st game back in over a month.

Agreed.

Like with the Jazz -- everyone associates their brand with the color purple. And a couple years ago they designed a great uniform that captures the Malone/Stockton era. But now they switched to this strange red/orange/yellow look. I know new jerseys means more revenue, but Nike always tries too hard with its design.

View attachment 201568View attachment 201569
OK, look, let me just put this out there -

The new Jazz uniforms are the balls.

Hopefully you got to watch last night Jazz game. What a game. Both teams leaving it all on the floor. Preliminary reports this morning is Donovan's ankle feels good so hopefully he will be able to play more than the 25 minutes he was held to. But what an incredible 25 minutes he played in his 1st game back in over a month.
Not yet. The rabbit ears are only going to get me ABC.

Agreed.

View attachment 201568View attachment 201569
I like the newer darker city edition ones much better. Very sharp. I also like the green ones. Could be my favorite.
download.jpeg.jpg
6fb7401d-5316-44ea-9057-8daee2eeed5c-large16x9_UtahJazznewNikeEarnedEditionuniforms.UtahJazz1...jpg

Agreed.

Those gradient jerseys are probably my favorite alternate jersey to come out in years (besides maybe the admittedly ugly but also just amazing Bucks Mecca jersey below).

1622128197119.png

I don't understand why basically every team is wearing their alternate jerseys in the playoffs though. I'm super down for some wacky off-brand designs being used here and there in the regular season, but for example, Miami should not be wearing their Pacer-knockoffs in the playoffs.

I tend to get more mad when it is a large percentage of the crowd that is acting foolish rather than a couple individuals. When the Raptors fans all started cheering loudly and pointing when KD pulled up with his Achilles injury, clearly hurt, that was infuriating. You see people in the crowd literally waving goodbye to him when he is on the ground. So messed up. Whole city of Toronto got on my bad side that day.

I am about 95% sure some fan threw a water bottle or something from the upper level of MSG to the Knicks bench last night. Really weird

embrace debate. Is this Clippers crew more fraudulent than lob city?
Lob City more often than not just had terrible injury luck by the time the playoffs rolled around. I can't hold it against them too much. They blew an opportunity or two as well but I think most of their lack of success just boiled down to bad luck.

Last year's failure was pretty embarrassing and this year has been worse so far (but I don't necessarily think the series is over just yet). I think these two seasons have shown that the chemistry just isn't there with the group of guys they have. PG has improved his individual skills over the years, but I think those skills have developed in a way that makes him a more difficult teammate to mesh with than he used to be. I don't think Kawhi is the easiest player to play with either; neither guy is very good as a creator for others. They're mostly just looking to break the defense down and score when they get the ball. The closest that LA has to a creator/ball mover is Rondo and Kennard, one of which literally isn't playing, and the other just isn't good enough anymore to be your best creator.

TLDR: Kawhi and PG are both tremendous players. Kawhi is clearly one of the best scorers and defenders in the league. PG is very good as well, an All-NBA caliber player. But the team, in no small part due to the two of them, is vulnerable to stretches like this because it's basically a collection of scorers that don't really care about moving the ball.

Lob City more often than not just had terrible injury luck by the time the playoffs rolled around. I can't hold it against them too much. They blew an opportunity or two as well but I think most of their lack of success just boiled down to bad luck.

Last year's failure was pretty embarrassing and this year has been worse so far (but I don't necessarily think the series is over just yet). I think these two seasons have shown that the chemistry just isn't there with the group of guys they have. PG has improved his individual skills over the years, but I think those skills have developed in a way that makes him a more difficult teammate to mesh with than he used to be. I don't think Kawhi is the easiest player to play with either; neither guy is very good as a creator for others. They're mostly just looking to break the defense down and score when they get the ball. The closest that LA has to a creator/ball mover is Rondo and Kennard, one of which literally isn't playing, and the other just isn't good enough anymore to be your best creator.

TLDR: Kawhi and PG are both tremendous players. Kawhi is clearly one of the best scorers and defenders in the league. PG is very good as well, an All-NBA caliber player. But the team, in no small part due to the two of them, is vulnerable to stretches like this because it's basically a collection of scorers that don't really care about moving the ball.
Seriously what is the deal with no Kennard? It feels like there simply has to be something else going on. They kept a guy who is shooting 44% from three on the bench?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom